Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 2 Good Things for Our Soldiers

1. Last night, I was chatting with a friend of mine who has a nephew serving in Afghanistan. He is involved in a project of building a library and was asking for her to spread the word about donating books. So I thought I would give Y'all the address.

My first concern was the postage! But it's an AEO address, so it will be like mailing it in the states. Anything You can send would be appreciated, she said.

McGuire Michael W
31st TRE 1-T CSH
Camp Stone/Terat
AEO AE 09354

2. In November, Sassy dee started a Christmas card exchange. Andrew supplied us with an address for recovering soldiers so that we might send random soldiers a card.

I see no reason why this cannot be continued throughout the year (Valentine's Day IS coming up), so here is that address:

A Recovering Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Diva, you are the Classic Woman of Desire.
Your heart is full of compassion and desires.
Your thoughtfulness goes far and beyond.
You are never selfish when it comes to Others needs.
You are the ambassador of love, caring, compassion for humanity and all of the animal world, even if you don't like the raccoons much, you find it in your heart to feed them anyway.
From this day forward I think I shall always think of you as the Ambassador of the Planet.
You tend to others as if we are all your children and family.
It is You. You are the Hero of life itself....
Ambassador of the Planet
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh my goodness, Blaze!! Thank You so much!

I'm not perfect....I goof up every day. But I sure try to do the right thing and our soldiers ~ whether we agree with the why's and wherefore's ~ need our support.

And these are 2 easy and painless ways for us to do that!

Thank You again for those sweet words! There are so many who do much more than I. (Like YOU, Mr. Haiti~Guy!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I so love these ideas...I will have a small box of books to send out to them this week! And yes, Valentines Day IS coming up. Does anyone remember when Ann Landers use to do the Valentines Day for Veterans card plea?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Diva-licious what a wonderful idea!!! Thank you so much for this thread.

I have books that I was going to put up on freecycle, but I'd much rather give them to those who serve and protect us.

And well I'm a card fiend - I can't wait to go get Valentines for our troops.

Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Diva, you are the Classic Woman of Desire.
Your heart is full of compassion and desires.
Your thoughtfulness goes far and beyond.
You are never selfish when it comes to Others needs.
You are the ambassador of love, caring, compassion for humanity and all of the animal world, even if you don't like the raccoons much, you find it in your heart to feed them anyway.
From this day forward I think I shall always think of you as the Ambassador of the Planet.
You tend to others as if we are all your children and family.
It is You. You are the Hero of life itself....
Ambassador of the Planet
Most importantly I forgot to mention that Ms. Diva loves everyone for whom they are, what they will become, and preserves their uniqueness in a way that no one I have ever known can... See loves you, young, older, Femme, Butch, Trans gendered, and even me, when I sometimes forget that I am not a Ferret.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
1. Last night, I was chatting with a friend of mine who has a nephew serving in Afghanistan. He is involved in a project of building a library and was asking for her to spread the word about donating books.
I'm a little confused........

Are they building libraries for the Afghan people? If so will donations of books in English do the Afghan people any good? What percentage of the Afghan people speak English? What language do they speak in Afghanistan.

My understanding is the large majority of the Afghan people are not literate....like over 75%. If we want to help them then perhaps books in their language might be more useful
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I'm a little confused........

Are they building libraries for the Afghan people? If so will donations of books in English do the Afghan people any good? What percentage of the Afghan people speak English? What language do they speak in Afghanistan.

My understanding is the large majority of the Afghan people are not literate....like over 75%. If we want to help them then perhaps books in their language might be more useful

Toughy,
That was MY first thought, too, as I didn't realize there was a large, English~speaking population there. So....I asked....and my understanding is the library is for the people there.

Just passing along the information. However, I have written to this soldier for clarification.....and shall get back to the thread when I hear.

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Did anything ever come of this library project? Was it established and if so, who was it for the locals or soldiers?

My oldest was in the army and spent more than his share in Baghdad. they did a book exchange thing amongst themselves and when his group left, they past the exchange on to the next group.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote