Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #41
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Please forgive me for this...

While I'm not saying I believe otherwise.. but because of the original war to go find Bin Laden, I'm cynical.

How do we know it's not a ploy, like beginning the original war "we can find him quickly..." that drug on forever.

Maybe I'm overly cynical.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #42
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

This is a little victory for all of the people that had loved ones die on 9/11 and symbolically cutting the head off the snake so to speak....the President gave an awesome speech i think and a well deserved thank you to all of our military...
what a way to die...in a nice big mansion using women as human shields... unlike all the innocent victims of 9/11
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #43
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootboi View Post
Also no point in the president coming on the TV. Everyone has announced Bin Laden death but the president. Going to seem pretty silly now.
It's not silly at all. This is what Presidents do, this is what citizens expect of their President. It doesn't matter if people already know, it's his duty to stand before this country and deliver the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
Please forgive me for this...

While I'm not saying I believe otherwise.. but because of the original war to go find Bin Laden, I'm cynical.

How do we know it's not a ploy, like beginning the original war "we can find him quickly..." that drug on forever.

Maybe I'm overly cynical.
Maybe you'll feel better about it after Donald Trump examines the body *giggle*

```````````````````````````````

The collective GOP brain must be exploding right now. Not only will this news knock them off the front page for a bit, it's going to make this a bad time to criticize Obama. Plus there's that whole favorables are going to soar thing - his poll numbers are probably already up. The final kicker is going to be this September, when the country observes the 10th anniversary knowing that Obama was responsible for finding and killing OBL.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #44
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Im glad Binladin is dead,now I wanna see the body......
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #45
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Just as long as it took the USA to make this day happen....they have had to plan what to do after it does...

Just because you kill the leader...doesn't make the movement stop...in fact it made the target over the US even bigger.

If someone assassinated the President...the US troops would not stop their efforts. This is a small victory in a huge battle.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #46
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Was anyone else disturbed by the fact that all the celebrants of this EVENT appeared to be under 30 and were acting like they were at a kegger, and they JUST happened to have BIG American flags in their closet saved just for THIS day? Sorry but I was embarrased, as an American by the display, and I feel like it was SETUP, prior to the announcement. I heart Obama, but his ratings have been in the tank, and I believe this has much to do with the presidential race of 2012. Timely news after all of the Trump speak, the tornadoes, and the Royal Wedding....pretty good news bites on a slow news day....If the dude is dead, good, he was not a nice fellow, but killing the head does not kill the body. Or maybe I'm just cranky,lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #47
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

At first I was stunned, even a bit numb- then personal memories about 9/11 and loss struck.. phone calls to friends and a cousin in new York. Then, thoughts of how horrible this decade has been for our country. There is a generation of our military that have been going through hell and back again, and again!

I even felt strange feeling joy over his being killed. I wondered how this could help the families of 9/11 victims- and then thought about the USS Cole, the first WTC bombing, the London subway bombings, several other slaughters by Bin Laden’s supporters all over the world including thousands of Muslims as well as attacks within the last couple of weeks. Then, I decided I didn't feel badly about our going in and just killing him.

And I too, love it that it was Obama standing up there giving us this news. Eat that, GOP!! But, I also would like to see some unification in the US. I'm tired of the banter and no real solutions to the really big problems we have. Sick of being a cynic. I want some healing. And I want our troops to come home- but this isn't going make this happen any sooner. But it might give our troops a lift!

I'm looking foreword to reports on all of the details of how this all unfolded. GeeZus... Obama was just cracking jokes at the Correspondent’s dinner yesterday and he had given the order to go with this plan the day before!! Yup, life turns on a dime.

Of course the president should make these kinds of announcements in an official manner! That is part of his duty to us. This is a big and important national announcement concerning a long and painful time for us. But Bin Laden’s ugly hand has been behind the killing of many, many innocent people all over the world.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #48
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn View Post
Was anyone else disturbed by the fact that all the celebrants of this EVENT appeared to be under 30 and were acting like they were at a kegger, and they JUST happened to have BIG American flags in their closet saved just for THIS day? Sorry but I was embarrased, as an American by the display, and I feel like it was SETUP, prior to the announcement. I heart Obama, but his ratings have been in the tank, and I believe this has much to do with the presidential race of 2012. Timely news after all of the Trump speak, the tornadoes, and the Royal Wedding....pretty good news bites on a slow news day....If the dude is dead, good, he was not a nice fellow, but killing the head does not kill the body. Or maybe I'm just cranky,lol.
I just read something on Huff Post about everyone with flags. Apparently, as soon as people started gathering, the folks from Servicemember's United dug a bunch of leftover flags out of their closet (heh) and ran down there and started passing them out. I take a little bit of joy in the fact that everyone is waving *gay* flags around.

As for the rest of it, I'm mostly just conflicted. While I do have a small urge to put out the flag, I'm finding it difficult to "celebrate" anyone's death. I would say that I'm feeling more somber than celebratory right now.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #49
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

They buried him at sea. The Freepers and conspiracy folks are gonna have a field day with this. The GOP is probably crafting attacks; after all, they've already given credit for this to Bush....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #50
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Marine

I'd like to thank our Armed services for their dedication and sacrifice in accomplishing this mission. I hope the families and friends of those killed at ground zero, the Pentagon, that field in PA, and those killed fighting the war on terrorism can find some closure and maybe some peace in their lives now.
" Let the whole world know that today is a day of recogning, let the weak be strong, let the right be wrong, cast your stone away, let the guilty pay.... it's Independence day!"
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #51
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I just read something on Huff Post about everyone with flags. Apparently, as soon as people started gathering, the folks from Servicemember's United dug a bunch of leftover flags out of their closet (heh) and ran down there and started passing them out. I take a little bit of joy in the fact that everyone is waving *gay* flags around.

As for the rest of it, I'm mostly just conflicted. While I do have a small urge to put out the flag, I'm finding it difficult to "celebrate" anyone's death. I would say that I'm feeling more somber than celebratory right now.

I know I might be putting my lefty card in peril, but I do have an "Old Glory" in my closet. And I hang it on July 4th and Veteran's and Memorial Days (for service members past in my family). have put up a "Rainbow," too. It will be out tomorrow- more for the 9/11 victims and those that were involved in this mission.

Also, in DC, flags can be bought in every 24 hour convenience store around. There were quite a few service members that were at that rally and in NYC- makes sense that SM United would hand out flags. I can understand people wanting to gather and wave flags around this. But, I am having some somber feelings myself because this has made me think so much about this entire decade and all that has stemmed from 9/11 not the least of which are the deaths of over 5000 of our troops and countless civilians. And our lives in terms of security being changed forever as well as all of the hateful sentiments toward Muslims and Islam when the majority are as opposed
to any terrorist activity. And the really sad thing is that we will never be the same as before 9/11. hell, airport security keeps taking on new dimensions and whacko legislators hold bigoted hearings in the name of "national security."

I'm glad that younger people are out there as most of those we have lost in the Iraq & Afghanistan wars are very young. Why wouldn't there be a generational connection among these young people? One was quoted as saying that this was like “VJ Day” for their generation. I kind of get that (although, the struggle against terrorist activity will be forever with us).

Yup, somber- I totally get that.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #52
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I wish they would have taken him alive. A trial would be what I would prefer to outright killing him.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #53
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I wouldn't count on it ensuring a quick exit from Afghanistan. We're fighting the Taliban there more than Osama, he was in Pakistan, they've known that a while now but because of the mountainous area there they were having difficulty finding him. They aren't going to drop their weapons and slink off now. I wouldn't hesitate to say we'll see more attacks for the revenge factor of it.

But, pardon me, WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
i agree and am holding my breath over here...they're not going to just lay down their weapons and surrender.

i wonder about who is going to take over his position now and fear that this person will likely be far more dangerous than Bin Laden on his best day.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 AM   #54
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I guess I am a cynic also... or else my inner conspiracy theorist has been jump started, but I find it a tad odd that no photos of his body have been released. When Saddam was located, the photos of him being taken into custody and while in custody were all over the world. His hanging was public and ran every two minutes on every news channel.
Bin Laden was the WORLD's most wanted terrorist, shot in the head, body recovered for DNA testing, buried at sea and no one had a cell with a camera? I think if they had time to do DNA research to confirm his identity, they would have had ample time to find a suitable photo of his corpse to release, because ( and I apologize for the cynicism) there is no way in hell those soldiers would not have taken photos of him. This is a HOORAH moment without a doubt, but I will probably reserve my celebration until I see the photos. It's kind of like the infamous "weapons of mass destruction" that weren't there. Bin Laden just feels like another boogeyman or scapegoat in our ongoing struggle with terrorism.

Maybe more shall be revealed in the days and weeks to come. I try to remain open minded, but I tend to prefer evidence. If this helps close a chapter for families and victims of the 9/11 attacks, then I am ever so grateful, because they have suffered far long enough. If it helps send a message to the next "Bin Laden" out there that they too, will be hunted down and killed then good!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 05:08 AM   #55
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I guess I am a cynic also... or else my inner conspiracy theorist has been jump started, but I find it a tad odd that no photos of his body have been released. When Saddam was located, the photos of him being taken into custody and while in custody were all over the world. His hanging was public and ran every two minutes on every news channel.
Bin Laden was the WORLD's most wanted terrorist, shot in the head, body recovered for DNA testing, buried at sea and no one had a cell with a camera? I think if they had time to do DNA research to confirm his identity, they would have had ample time to find a suitable photo of his corpse to release, because ( and I apologize for the cynicism) there is no way in hell those soldiers would not have taken photos of him. This is a HOORAH moment without a doubt, but I will probably reserve my celebration until I see the photos. It's kind of like the infamous "weapons of mass destruction" that weren't there. Bin Laden just feels like another boogeyman or scapegoat in our ongoing struggle with terrorism.

Maybe more shall be revealed in the days and weeks to come. I try to remain open minded, but I tend to prefer evidence. If this helps close a chapter for families and victims of the 9/11 attacks, then I am ever so grateful, because they have suffered far long enough. If it helps send a message to the next "Bin Laden" out there that they too, will be hunted down and killed then good!
i was thinking kinda the same thoughts...... didnt they say he was dead once before??? just sayin.......

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #56
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is so wonderful!!! As was said before, God Bless America!!!!!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #57
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

I saw a picture of Bin Laden over on facebook (just a head shot). It was a lil gruesome. I also followed a link that had a split screen showing the man shot in the head and a previous photo of Bin Laden

I just heard a report on CNN that the DNA is being tested now.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #58
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I saw a picture of Bin Laden over on facebook (just a head shot). It was a lil gruesome. I also followed a link that had a split screen showing the man shot in the head and a previous photo of Bin Laden

I just heard a report on CNN that the DNA is being tested now.
Yeah, I hadn't heard about any of this until I woke up today and thus far the story keeps changing and revealing more as the morning progresses. I think it premature to form any "real" opinions about any of the "facts" until it has all had time to be processed.

I am quite sure that any photo of any human shot in the head would be gruesome.

Will just keep listening as things unfold.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #59
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Jess tho for a different reason. Pictures can be doctored.

DNA is a different story.

Somehow, my cynical brain, is having trouble wrapping itself around an operation that supposedly occurred yesterday. Did the elite commandos bring a dna lab and expert with them? Does the USA have a way to speed up the generation of a dna profile that by conservative estimates takes 7-14 days to cook, and additional time to interpret? I'm not even going to ask who's DNA we compared his to determine it was indeed Bin Laden.

And, then we conveniently buried him at sea, so we wouldn't violate Islamic burial law? The number one thorn in the side of the country is found and killed after a decade long pursuit and we took pains to not violate Islamic law?

In my mind, it is not plausible or logical. It will be interesting to see what develops or doesnt develop over the coming weeks.

As for how this reflects on Obama.....again, in my cynical mind, it does nothing to sure up his credibility or enhance his electability. It actually has the opposite effect given the context of the week he has had.

First, he decides to try and silence the "birthers" by releasing his long form birth certificate. Then he goes on the defensive against the rantings of The Donald. The quarterly earnings reports are coming out which will reflect on the strength or lack thereof of this economic recovery admidst the skyrocketing price of oil. The country is being ravaged by killer tornados.

The timing is interesting. And Kobi doesnt believe in coincidences.

Plus, it seems odd that we didnt up the terror alert status or extend warnings
to Americans traveling abroad in light of this. Retaliation is inevitable.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #60
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe I'm an optimist but I don't think the President would be stupid enough to lie about this, the biggest thing on the agenda.

I do find the timing very suspicious. Hell the guy was living in a mansion on the outskirts of Pakistan.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: