1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

To Our Veterans,

There are no words to describe the level of gratitude that I feel. Each day that you served, regardless of the location, was a sacrifice. That will not be forgotten. We take so many things for granted in this country, but I promise to never take your time, your service, or YOU for granted.

Thank you for your love for our country, your many sacrifices, your willingness to serve no matter the circumstances. Thank you for what it meant, especially, if you had to serve silently in order to protect yourself, your job, and possibly your pension.

Thank you for everything. If you are plagued with nightmares, I hope they can be replaced with peace. If you were injured, I hope it heals completely. If you lost friends, I hope you have a vault of happy memories.

Thank you...from the bottom of my heart. YOU are the reason we have the freedoms we have. YOU are the reason we can wake up each day and not have the kind of governments others are forced to live with. YOU are the reason that we can take so much for granted. May that never be forgotten.

In Eternal Gratitude,
Lis
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #22
IttyBittyFem

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
No thank you.

IttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST ReputationIttyBittyFem Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Thank you to the United States veterans of yesterday, today and tomorrow. You give so much to this country. I am proud to call some of you friends and others family. I'm honored by your service to our country.

DITTO

In LOVING Memory and Pride

Walter Sheppard Elliott

* Selected personally by General Omar Bradley, to a two man Planning Committee (with General Charles A. Hart), quartered in the home of Wally Simpson, Bryanston Square.
Prepared the planning of the Invasion and follow-up in Normandy, - "Operation Over-Lord" (D-Day-WWII) under "Bigot" classification (classification above Top Secret), accepted by General Eisenhower (President).

* Request personally granted by General Bradley to join in the 1ST Division, aboard the LST 391, scheduled to assault Omaha Beach on D-Day.

* Liberated all prisoners at Nazi concentration camp, "Buchenwald"

An American Hero

MY HERO - MY HOMAGE - MY "PAL"

I miss you Daddy
:

. .

My apologies, I can not resist an opportunity to boast about my Father's historical accomplishments.
IttyBittyFem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IttyBittyFem For This Useful Post: