Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #3641
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

For myself and for my loved ones, I sent the intent of healing and light for us each during the days ahead.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #3642
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Since I was here last time, I thought I'd give an update tonight :

My Sweetheart is very ill... but his latest rounds of chemo is taking a toll on him, emotionally and physically. For a couple of days, I lost track of him but we caught up with each other last night. Thank heavens. It's not easy on either of us when our health situations are not good. Worse, even after all the years he's been in the states, his English is very broken and his accent is very strong. So if we have to catch up by phone, he gets frustrated when I can't understand him. We understand each other perfectly when we're together physically, but factor in horrible cell phone coverage service, and it's not pretty (lol or not).

I just endured a terrible day, but I'll be okay. I had my own "triority" in progress this morning, when my driver service failed to show up for my hard to get Dr appt. Fortunately, because I'm a relentless task master and on top of my priorities, the Dr office was willing to reschedule my two hour long assessment to day after tomorrow. I might not be back at work yet, but my job right now is taking care of me and managing my weekly doctor appts and therapeutic exercises. My Pt guy just extended my therapy for another 30 days, and on top of it, ordered more nursing care at home and scheduled another urgent Dr appt tonight because my blood pressure is spiraling off the charts and I need intervention asap. It looks like I will have to take BP medication to stabilize my health condition.

I try earnestly to minimize my stress levels, because I get stressed out over almost anything lately. My nursing team meets in the morning to map.out another plan to help stabilize my condition. I'm so grateful for everyone on my team.

I spoke by phone with my new lady friends from the nursing home today: My former elderly room mate is seemingly doing well. My card playing friend, Susie, is not doing well. She might be relocated to a nursing home closer to where her husband lives.... she is happy to go home, so to speak, but she'll be sad to lose the company of friend's she has made at the nursing home where we met each other. I told her that first chance I get, when I'm well enough to drive again, maybe by summer, I will drive over to see her. Hopefully by then, Juan will be out of the woods and we'll both go and make a long weekend trip together to go see Susie and her husband.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes for wellness. It means a lot to both Juan and I.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #3643
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Lighting a candle for a former coworker and his wife. They were involved in a terrible accident today. They were hit head-on by a dump truck trying to pass. She was airlifted and they don't expect him to live. Praying for these two and their family.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #3644
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Lighting many candles today...it's been a horrendous week...

For my friends who lost their 15 yr old daughter due to an unforeseen accident

For my friends who lost their husband and father to his battle with cancer

For my friend who was just notified today her sister just didn't wake up this morning...

For my friend the best DJ in all South Texas...miss you Music man

For all of us who mourn the loss of a loved one...

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #3645
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

For my aunt and cousin who are both in ICU right now. My aunt had to have emergency surgery for a bleeding ulcer and my cousin who attempted suicide. It's been a rough couple days.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #3646
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lighting a candle.

For the people of the USA and a sage burning starting Friday to end on Saturday morning to help safe guard against bad ju ju!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #3647
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
For my aunt and cousin who are both in ICU right now. My aunt had to have emergency surgery for a bleeding ulcer and my cousin who attempted suicide. It's been a rough couple days.
I am so sorry to hear this about your family. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

My best,
Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 AM   #3648
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am so sorry to hear this about your family. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

My best,
Chad

Thank you, Chad. it is much appreciated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #3649
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Wrang......you are in my thoughts my friend! Sends healing energies for you, your family!! I am sorry you are having to go through this.......Hang in there my friend!!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #3650
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Wrang......you are in my thoughts my friend! Sends healing energies for you, your family!! I am sorry you are having to go through this.......Hang in there my friend!!
Thanks Clay. It means a lot to me. Both are improving. It was a scary and stressful few days.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #3651
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
honey

Thanked 21,377 Times in 6,725 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm lighting a candle for mankind and one for the U.S. Because we need them.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #3652
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,785 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

The Sad Grave of Kate McCormick

***TRIGGER WARNING***

In a quiet corner of the Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis oldest active, is the grave of 21 year old woman who died after childbirth on February 1, 1876. The tombstone on her grave read:

Kate McCormick Seduced and pregnant by her father's friend
Unwed, she died from abortion, her only choice.
Abandoned in life and death by family.
With but a single rose from her mother.
Buried only through the kindness of unknown benefactors.
Died Feb.1875 (sic) age 21.

Victim of an unforgiving society
Have mercy on us.

Kate McCormick, whose real name was Kate Simpson, was a “handsome young woman of about twenty-one years of age” from Humboldt, Tennessee. Kate was seduced and made pregnant by a shoemaker named George Burgess, who was her father’s friend, under the false promise of marrying her. When he failed to follow through, Kate was so disgraced that she left her hometown and came to Memphis.

Three weeks before Christmas, Kate came to Dr. Johnson in Memphis and told him her story and asked the doctor to abort her child. Dr. Johnson later told the court that he had advised her not to commit abortion as it was against the law, and she went away. Three weeks later, on a Saturday night, Kate secured a room at a boardinghouse run by Mrs. Widrig, where she delivered a dead baby girl the following morning. When Mrs. Widrig learned that Dr. Johnson had been attending her, her suspicions were aroused and she asked Katie to tell her the whole truth. Kate broke down and confessed.

“Mrs. Widrig, I think my time is short,” she told Mrs. Widrig. “Dr. Johnson gave the medicine to destroy my child; tell Dr. Johnson that I promised not to deceive him or tell any person but the time has come when I can keep the secret no longer; I paid Dr. Johnson twenty-five dollars for the medicine; he gave me the medicine some three weeks ago and said if it did not work in six days it would be a failure; I took the medicine from Dr. Johnson to kill my child and paid him twenty-five dollars for it.'"

Kate died a short while later. An inquest was held where the jury found Dr. Johnson guilty of murder by committing an abortion.

Kate’s mother was called upon but she had no desire to pay the last sad tribute to the ashes of her daughter, evidently more troubled about the publicity given to the affair than about the fate of her erring and unfortunate child. She instructed that her deceased daughter be not interred near her home, but buried in Memphis instead.

More than a century later, the plight of Katie McCormick touched the sympathetic sentiment of a thoughtful lady who paid for a marker to be placed at the young woman's grave in September 1997, bearing the inscription cited in the beginning of this article.

A lovely tribute as it was, “however,” as Nashville Daily American wrote, “her actual interment may have been considerably less theatrical than this inscription suggests, as it attributes a lovely gesture by her mother which was probably not made, after all and her benefactors were not unknown, one being a newspaper reporter and the other a kind-hearted saloonist.”

* To anyone who says Hillary is no better, a big FU!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #3653
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My only aunt is having surgery tomorrow. They found a tumor the size of a grapefruit inside her body. She is 78 years old but pretty healthy. I will be thinking of her and wishing for the best. I would appreciate it if anyone else wanted to send some good energy for my aunt.

Thank you, Chad
I guess that I misunderstood the situation. My aunt has cancer. She is still recovering from the surgery but is home now. She has a long road ahead. I will keep her in my thoughts. I would appreciate any good energy that goes her way.

Chad
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2017, 10:59 PM   #3654
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Lighting a candle for those who aren't safe in their own homes or communities or countries.

Lighting a candle for people everywhere to see with clear eyes.

Lighting a candle for the brave, for the scared, for the lost, for the oppressed.

Lighting a candle for people whose hurt outweighs their happiness.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #3655
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Lighting a candle for my friend and former boss who is starting a new job. She put up with a lot of verbal and emotional abuse at our last job and I'm hopeful that this new job will be a wonderful experience for her. She is a very sweet and caring person and she deserves peace of mind at work.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #3656
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
I guess that I misunderstood the situation. My aunt has cancer. She is still recovering from the surgery but is home now. She has a long road ahead. I will keep her in my thoughts. I would appreciate any good energy that goes her way.

Chad
I saw my aunt yesterday she has lost a lot of weight. She lost her hair too. She has a bunch more treatments ahead. I hope she is strong enough to fight for a while longer.

I will keep her in my thoughts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #3657
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all! Please, please send out prayers and positive healing vibes for me!! I fell at work on Friday night and did something to my right leg. I'm praying it's just a pulled muscle. It does feel a little better today than yesterday and I'm walking better. Yesterday when I went to the walk in clinic I was limping bad. I'm about to start my new job in a week so I can't afford to be hurt now!! I don't want to have to turn down my new job since it's such a great opportunity for me. I've already prayed to the Goddess and I'm staying as positive as possible. I keep telling myself it's just a pulled myself and I'll be fine.....ray ing:
Old 06-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #3658
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Hey all! Please, please send out prayers and positive healing vibes for me!! I fell at work on Friday night and did something to my right leg. I'm praying it's just a pulled muscle. It does feel a little better today than yesterday and I'm walking better. Yesterday when I went to the walk in clinic I was limping bad. I'm about to start my new job in a week so I can't afford to be hurt now!! I don't want to have to turn down my new job since it's such a great opportunity for me. I've already prayed to the Goddess and I'm staying as positive as possible. I keep telling myself it's just a pulled myself and I'll be fine.....ray ing:
(((((((( you )))))))))))) .... good juju sent your way!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #3659
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I feel you, G&G. I wrecked my back today and it sucks big time. I'll send you any spare good juju I have lying around. Feel better!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #3660
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
I will keep you in my thoughts friend. Take good care of yourself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: