Old 10-06-2020, 10:17 PM   #1041
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Biden gave a great speech in Gettysburg today. Many are calling it the best speech of his campaign so far. Strong powerful closing argument.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #1042
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation
Default Updates from Houston: a story in 3 acts

Texas adds nearly 300,000 more voters in two-week period

Texas Republican Party sues Harris County over drive-thru voting

Harris County breaks record for the first day of early voting with hours to go before polls close

Old 10-13-2020, 05:01 PM   #1043
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

In the 2016 presidential election, Harris county registered record high of 68,000 first-day early-voters. Today we reached 68,000 between 7:00 am and 2:00 pm, with five more hours to go.

Houston says "NO, ACTUALLY IT IS YOU WHO ARE FIRED SIR"
Old 10-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #1044
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Great job Houston, Harris County, and the great state of Texas.

I voted by mail. I mailed my ballot in on Friday and it was received by my county clerk today! I felt confident that the mail would be reliable here and that I had plenty of time. In-person voting is happening in the basement of our county courthouse and that building has horrible circulation. So I decided to vote by mail, but I do love seeing all the in-person voting. It's awesome. Either way, it's all good.

I am very excited by all the early voting. We just need our peeps to follow through and the Blue Wave will happen.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 06:25 AM   #1045
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,100 Times in 8,594 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default ‘Simpsons’ Lists 50 Reasons Why Re-Electing Trump Is Terrifying

‘Simpsons’ Lists 50 Reasons Why Re-Electing Trump Is Terrifying in Exclusive ‘Treehouse of Horror’ Clip

There’s nothing scarier than the 2020 election, which makes it the perfect opener for this year’s edition of “The Simpsons” Halloween-themed “Treehouse of Horror.”

Variety has an exclusive first look at the 31st installment, which opens on Election Day 2020. Marge calls Homer to remind him to vote, and he gets to the polling station just in time — where he seems decided in just about every position (including Amazon Alexa for Governor) except for the presidential race.

That’s when a flummoxed Lisa can’t believe that, after everything that has happened these past four years, her father is still undecided. (To be fair, when asked to remember what’s happened since 2016, Homer can only picture one headline: “Faye Dunaway gives Oscar to wrong movie and is never seen again.”)

A helpful scroll then lists just a fraction of some of the things that Donald Trump has done that makes him unfit for president. (And the list misses plenty, such as the millions of dollars his businesses have charged the Secret Service, or the 280 days of golf that has cost taxpayers an estimated $141 million.)

Here is that list:
  • Made it okay to shoot hibernating bears
  • Put children in cages
  • Called Mexicans rapists
  • Imitated disabled reporter
  • Looks lousy in a tennis outfit
  • Can’t get wife to hold hand
  • Called third world countries ****holes
  • Called Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’
  • Said Jewish people who vote Democrat are disloyal
  • Showed top secret documents at Mar-A-Lago restaurant
  • Called white supremacists ‘fine people’
  • Leaked classified information to Russian ambassador
  • Asked the president of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens
  • Called for China to investigate the Bidens
  • Walked into the dressing room at Miss Teen USA pageant
  • Pressed the Australian prime minister to help Barr investigate Mueller
  • Talked about grabbing *****
  • Lied about the size of his inauguration
  • Refused to release tax returns
  • Gutted the E.P.A.
  • Confiscated and destroyed interpreter’s notes after meeting with Putin
  • Tweeted classified photo of Iran missile site
  • Called Baltimore a ‘disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess’
  • Described Meryl Streep as ‘over-rated’
  • Leaked information to the press about the 2017 Manchester arena bombing
  • Did not attend any White House correspondents’ dinner
  • Said Megyn Kelly had ‘blood coming out of her whatever’
  • Called Carly Fiorina ‘horseface’
  • Ruined impeachment
  • Brought Ivanka to the G7 summit
  • Corrupted Congress
  • Appointed and didn’t fire Betsy DeVos
  • Put Jared in charge of Mideast
  • Served McDonald’s to Clemson football team
  • Destroyed democracy
  • Lost Hong Kong
  • Threatened Marie Yovanovitch
  • Pulled the U.S. out of climate agreement
  • Allowed bounties on soldiers
  • Invaded Portland
  • Withdrew from W.H.O.
  • Bragged about knowing the date
  • Commuted sentences
  • Said to swallow bleach
  • Person, woman, man, camera, TV
  • Destroyed post office
  • Paid $750 in taxes
  • Wants third term
  • Wanted to be on Mount Rushmore
And we haven’t even said the worst one

Meanwhile, “Treehouse of Horror XXXI” also includes parodies of Pixar, “Toy Story,” “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” and Netflix’s “Russian Doll.” The 688th episode of “The Simpsons,” “Treehouse of Horror XXXI” airs on Sunday, Oct. 18 at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the...p-1234801745/#!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 06:13 PM   #1046
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am wondering if Biden‘s promise to repeal the 2017 tax law would include repealing the portion of it that altered the SALT tax situation that appeared to target several heavily democratic states.

Inquiring minds...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #1047
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default What I'm dying to know........

~~~
Is how did the Trump Town Hall event hosted by Savanna Guthrie, scheduled to air against Biden's Thursday night, come about? NBC call Trump or vice versa?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:37 AM   #1048
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,100 Times in 8,594 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Credit...Illustration by Jim Datz; Photographs by Dem10/Getty Images and Jim Watson/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

Taken from an article written by Susan Rice on This Year From Hell.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/13/o...rump-vote.html
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #1049
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

HIGH NOON AT THE TOWN HALL

People tuning into the Biden town hall will likely do so to hear his ideas.
People tuning into the Trump town-hall will likely do so to see Trump blow himself up again.
Trump's ratings will be higher but if I were him I would not be bragging about that.
Counting "eyeballs" has nothing to do with counting hearts or votes.

Voyeurism doesn't mean you want to have sex. ( Should I have stopped before I typed that last bit? LOL)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #1050
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
HIGH NOON AT THE TOWN HALL

People tuning into the Biden town hall will likely do so to hear his ideas.
People tuning into the Trump town-hall will likely do so to see Trump blow himself up again.
Trump's ratings will be higher but if I were him I would not be bragging about that.
Counting "eyeballs" has nothing to do with counting hearts or votes.

Voyeurism doesn't mean you want to have sex. ( Should I have stopped before I typed that last bit? LOL)
I agree. Trump's ratings will likely be higher because people want to see a trainwreck. If he doesn't treat people well who are asking questions in a townhall it will not go well for him.

The so-called "undecided" voters who might want to compare the 2 won't be able to make up their minds which one to watch so they won't tune into either. They will remain as clueless as ever.

I really am furious at NBC for airing Trump at the same time as Biden. I don't really watch NBC but they are the parent company of MSNBC which I do watch. NBC sucks!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #1051
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I hope more tv viewers watch Biden.

I am not watching T---p because he has ruined the lives of Americans and other citizens globally. I will not reward that deranged person with any of my time or attention.

<<<<<<~~ Biden-Harris ticket is the best choice, go Blue!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #1052
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I read an article today that said the decision by NBC to give Trump air time opposite of Biden has caused quite the ruckus and NBC is getting considerable backlash over this. We have to remember "The Apprentice" ran on NBC back in the day and brought in big ratings for them. I am sure Trump still has plenty of "friends" there with whom he colluded with to bring this about. As for us, we will be watching Biden tonight as we will not give Trump a viewer stat. We can watch all the stupid things Trump says later on CNN or MSNBC.
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #1053
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
I read an article today that said the decision by NBC to give Trump air time opposite of Biden has caused quite the ruckus and NBC is getting considerable backlash over this. We have to remember "The Apprentice" ran on NBC back in the day and brought in big ratings for them. I am sure Trump still has plenty of "friends" there with whom he colluded with to bring this about. As for us, we will be watching Biden tonight as we will not give Trump a viewer stat. We can watch all the stupid things Trump says later on CNN or MSNBC.
all trump does is insult never talks ABOUT WHAT HE CAN DO FOR THIS COUNTRY oops sry caps. I'm going to watch Biden as well. ~ bonsoir
Old 10-16-2020, 06:33 AM   #1054
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Is how did the Trump Town Hall event hosted by Savanna Guthrie, scheduled to air against Biden's Thursday night, come about? NBC call Trump or vice versa?
Well I'm still not sure how it call came about BUT what I am sure about, is how well it was choreographed & well coiffed!

IMHO, those stepping up to ask questions were not just picked at random, they were too well "put together" if you get my drift!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #1055
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Well I'm still not sure how it call came about BUT what I am sure about, is how well it was choreographed & well coiffed!

IMHO, those stepping up to ask questions were not just picked at random, they were too well "put together" if you get my drift!
Oh, I just read someone's post and YES it could of had to do with ratings, good observation...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #1056
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Crazy Uncle vs Mr Rogers.

.. .frequent Fox News contributor, one Mercedes Schlapp, took to Twitter to pronounce on one half of the TV event: “@ABCPolitics town hall feels like I am watching an episode of Mister Rodgers Neighborhood.”

This was meant to be derisory, but just as Schlapp misspelled the TV icon’s name, she missed the point. People like Mister Rogers. They grew up with him, as they grew up with Joe Biden being around, and they like Mister Rogers' neighbourhood. It’s nice there.

Through one failure in Twitter sarcasm, this Fox News contributor inadvertently nailed down the entirely of the TV event. It was crazy uncle versus Mister Rogers. There are crazy uncles everywhere, Fox News teems with them, but there’s only one Mister Rogers.

Globe and Mail
October 16, 2020
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #1057
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Crazy Uncle vs Mr Rogers.

.. .frequent Fox News contributor, one Mercedes Schlapp, took to Twitter to pronounce on one half of the TV event: “@ABCPolitics town hall feels like I am watching an episode of Mister Rodgers Neighborhood.”

This was meant to be derisory, but just as Schlapp misspelled the TV icon’s name, she missed the point. People like Mister Rogers. They grew up with him, as they grew up with Joe Biden being around, and they like Mister Rogers' neighbourhood. It’s nice there.

Through one failure in Twitter sarcasm, this Fox News contributor inadvertently nailed down the entirely of the TV event. It was crazy uncle versus Mister Rogers. There are crazy uncles everywhere, Fox News teems with them, but there’s only one Mister Rogers.

Globe and Mail
October 16, 2020
Even Savannah tossed around the "crazy uncle" theme.......
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #1058
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

It literally makes me sick to see that after all that has happened Trump still has plenty of supporters. I wonder what it would take for people to open their eyes. Also the Republicans despite they're abhorrent behavior and lack of interest in helping people effected by this pandemic seem to be holding their own in the senate races that are up for grabs. I really don't get it. This should be a slam dunk all around. Democrats should have the White House and control the Senate and the House in 2021. In a sane world they would. But I worry we are not living in a sane world at all. It's a Mad World - "Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow No tomorrow, no tomorrow"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/3678023001/
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #1059
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Your post made me think of this song (mad world)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
It literally makes me sick to see that after all that has happened Trump still has plenty of supporters. I wonder what it would take for people to open their eyes. Also the Republicans despite they're abhorrent behavior and lack of interest in helping people effected by this pandemic seem to be holding their own in the senate races that are up for grabs. I really don't get it. This should be a slam dunk all around. Democrats should have the White House and control the Senate and the House in 2021. In a sane world they would. But I worry we are not living in a sane world at all. It's a Mad World - "Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow No tomorrow, no tomorrow"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/3678023001/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 12:03 PM   #1060
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Your post made me think of this song (mad world)
That's good cause it was supposed to.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election