Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Java/Chat issue

Ah, the bane of my existence! It's caused more problems for users. After doing some research I found the following article that should help those who keep seeing that "security" warning. For our chatroom it's a false message and to make it go away permanently take a look at this link and follow the instructions (there are pictures to help with the navigation of stuff; look for the section entitled Always activate Java for a site): http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...s-been-blocked

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass

Last edited by Linus; 01-30-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I need to track issues for chat easier as it's happening all over. To that end if you having problems please post the issue here and answer the following:

1. What operating system and version are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 7, OS X Leopard, OS X Lion)

2. What browser are you using and what version that is experiencing the issue? (Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7)

3. What version of Java are you using? (if you are not sure, visit here: http://javatester.org/version.html )

4. What is the exact error you saw (describe or link to a screenshot)?

5. Where on the site are you attempting to access the chat? (be as descriptive as possible)

Please note: If you do not have an issue, please do not post. It gets confusing for people and for myself to track things.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

1. What operating system and version are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 7, OS X Leopard, OS X Lion)

Windows 8

2. What browser are you using and what version that is experiencing the issue? (Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7)

Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m

3. What version of Java are you using? (if you are not sure, visit here: http://javatester.org/version.html )

Java Version 1.7.0_13 from Oracle Corporation

"Who is Chatting" drop down navigational link does not work correctly, it just opens the floating chat window.

5. Where on the site are you attempting to access the chat? (be as descriptive as possible)

I've tried to view who is in chat from the home page, my user CP page, the arcade, it just doesn't work correctly regardless, of where I am trying to access the information.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post

Windows 8

Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m

Java Version 1.7.0_13 from Oracle Corporation

"Who is Chatting" drop down navigational link does not work correctly, it just opens the floating chat window.

I've tried to view who is in chat from the home page, my user CP page, the arcade, it just doesn't work correctly regardless, of where I am trying to access the information.
Who's Chatting is definitely broken. As much as I know everyone like's to preview who's in there, at this time everything I've tried to address it has failed. For now, I'll just have to table this to be fixed later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

if someone wants to see "who's chatting"

you can click on "forum" on the left side , front page, under "Site Navigation"

then scroll down to the bottom and there you will see who's chatting.

if you put your mouse over the "chat room" that is underlined, that may also be another route to enter chat. that one though, i am not 100% sure if it works for everyone or not

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Using windows 7 latest versions of IE, Safari, Google chrome, chat cannot be accessed by using the Chat Room link next to Log Out. It gives the following message :
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/addonchat.php?do=popup&. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

(I already sent you an email with screen shots) I get this message only on the Main Page if I directly click onto chat on top right next to Log Out.

I have to use a different way to get into chat either by
1. clicking on New Posts and then clicking the chat room next to log out,
2. clicking on Chat under Site Navigation or
3.clicking on chat under the Reunion Info. on far right.

Also, to get the window to float after chat room opens, I have to click on the tab left of the question mark at the bottom of chat if I enter chat via site Navigation.
If I enter chat by going through New Posts, the chat automatically floats the window.

Thanks for your help ALL MIGHTY GURU LINUS.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Using windows 7 latest versions of IE, Safari, Google chrome, chat cannot be accessed by using the Chat Room link next to Log Out. It gives the following message :
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/addonchat.php?do=popup&. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

(I already sent you an email with screen shots) I get this message only on the Main Page if I directly click onto chat on top right next to Log Out.

I have to use a different way to get into chat either by
1. clicking on New Posts and then clicking the chat room next to log out,
2. clicking on Chat under Site Navigation or
3.clicking on chat under the Reunion Info. on far right.

Also, to get the window to float after chat room opens, I have to click on the tab left of the question mark at the bottom of chat if I enter chat via site Navigation.
If I enter chat by going through New Posts, the chat automatically floats the window.

Thanks for your help ALL MIGHTY GURU LINUS.

This particular error I'm finding challenging. As I run into it personally on one computer but on another, using the same browser, I don't run into it. Have you tried clearing out cookies for the site?

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
This particular error I'm finding challenging. As I run into it personally on one computer but on another, using the same browser, I don't run into it. Have you tried clearing out cookies for the site?
Yes Linus. I clear out cookies from my browsers and from my computer by doing cleanup on a daily basis.
It is odd, because all my browsers.....IE latest edition, Safari latest update, Chrome lastest update and having Java's lasted update 7 u13 do that same thing; but I am not the only one having that issue. Most of the chatters are having the same one as me. Some of them couldn't even get into chat for some reason. I have asked chatters that have encountered any problems to post. If no one else posts the issues they have encountered, you won't know whats happening.
Anyway, your posts here have helped resolve an issue for at least one particular chatter, as well as me telling them how I get into chat.
Thanks for your time Linus, I know you are very busy at work with tons on your plate. Hopefully more will post with the issues they have encountered and the way they are managing to get into chat.
Anyway, this didn't start happening until chat was being worked on when it was being updated to accommodate more chatters.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ya. Well the front page piece was always a challenge before so not surprised it returned. As long as there are ways to still get in via the links when in the forum area or from the front chat icon.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
Jean_TX

How Do You Identify?:
via driver's license
Preferred Pronoun?:
Jean
Relationship Status:
Not available

Jean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST Reputation

I have a Google Nexus tablet that I'm using to surf. The tablet OS is Android 4.2.1. I cannot "chat" at all. I've tried using the Chrome and Dolphin browsers and neither can handle java applets. Based on my scant research, no Android browser can cope with java. Do you have any plans to provide a means for us tablet users to chat?

Thanks for any assistance.
Jean_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #11
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_ View Post
I have a Google Nexus tablet that I'm using to surf. The tablet OS is Android 4.2.1. I cannot "chat" at all. I've tried using the Chrome and Dolphin browsers and neither can handle java applets. Based on my scant research, no Android browser can cope with java. Do you have any plans to provide a means for us tablet users to chat?

Jean I posted a couple different ways you can try to use to get into chat , above. Try those and see what happens.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_ View Post

That's actually our plan. Both Medusa and I have reached a level of fed-up-ness with the chat software and the lack of support from the vendor and are looking at alternatives. One of my key requirements is that it is tablet agnostic (ideally using HTML 5 rather than Flash or java).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Jean I posted a couple different ways you can try to use to get into chat , above. Try those and see what happens.
Justbeingme: I do appreciate the help. However, as I stated in the first post of the thread, I ONLY wanted postings from members where they were having issues. As an FYI: Because tablets (e.g., iPhones, iPads, Androids, etc.) don't support java at all, none of the suggestions you put forward would work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #13
Jean_TX

How Do You Identify?:
via driver's license
Preferred Pronoun?:
Jean
Relationship Status:
Not available

Jean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
That's actually our plan. Both Medusa and I have reached a level of fed-up-ness with the chat software and the lack of support from the vendor and are looking at alternatives. One of my key requirements is that it is tablet agnostic (ideally using HTML 5 rather than Flash or java).

...snip

I look forward to the adoption of chat software that is both java & flash free. Thanks for your response.
Jean_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
AlchemyGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, princess, babygrrl ;)
Relationship Status:
in a budding relationship ;)

AlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Apple iPad/iPhone user here...

I am subscribing to this thread hoping to be updated on the issues faced by us iPad/iPhone users. I use my iPad and iPhone almost exclusively anymore. Which I guess means no chat for now? Anyway, it doesn't work for me. Thanks for looking into it!

AlchemyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote