Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breaking The Stereotype!

I saw a thread similar to this on another (no, not that one) site and thought it would fit in quite well here.

I am a firm believer in the theory that what we wear, say, think, do, like/dislike does not make us butch or femme. While I don't see it much here these days, there is still the occasional "That's not [butch/femme/trans/etc]" in reference to something one may say. I still have moments when I cringe after hitting the submit button on a post because I realized that someone may read it and think "That's not very butch!". It's almost impossible to not buy into it in some way when it's been such a huge part of our culture for so long. But the truth is, I'm not a stereotype. There many things I do, and don't do, that could be seen as un-butch. There are many things my partner does that could be seen as un-femme. I think it's time we owned up to our differences and celebrate these things are make us individuals and not just a stereotype!

So, without qualification or justification (or fear of ridicule*) please share with us those things about you that break the stereotype!

*I would really like this to be a fun, perhaps silly, maybe empowering, definitely enlightening thread. If it gets ugly, I will personally drive down to The PDX and hold a puppy hostage until June hits the delete button.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: