Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #461
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countyfem View Post
Clay is out of surgery, she did great...the doc's were real pleased with what they didn't find! Both spots were contained, all parts removed cleanly...including the nodule that was found next to the mass. They have sent the leftovers to the lab but both the doc's feel real positive, so keep your fingers crossed.
She has just been moved to an interm room as they want to keep a close eye on her tonight. I got to see her briefly and she has good color, they are doing a great job of pain managment and her stats are great. Once they get her into her spot on the ward I'll be able to go sit with her till 7, then they are gonna kick me out till 8 am Lucky for me they have some comfy couches in the waiting area and they supply pillows and a blanket.

Stay tuned!
Thanks for the great news! Please tell her I'm still requesting Angels to watch over her

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #462
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Clay is out of surgery, she did great...the doc's were real pleased with what they didn't find! Both spots were contained, all parts removed cleanly...including the nodule that was found next to the mass. They have sent the leftovers to the lab but both the doc's feel real positive, so keep your fingers crossed.
She has just been moved to an interm room as they want to keep a close eye on her tonight. I got to see her briefly and she has good color, they are doing a great job of pain managment and her stats are great. Once they get her into her spot on the ward I'll be able to go sit with her till 7, then they are gonna kick me out till 8 am Lucky for me they have some comfy couches in the waiting area and they supply pillows and a blanket.

Stay tuned!
Thanks for the update.

Hope to hear from you again tonight, after seeing Clay.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #463
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Countyfemme,
Thanks for the updates. I have been wondering how everything was going. Please keep us all posted.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #464
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Stay tuned!
Such great news. Thank you Countyfem for updating us and most of all for being you. Please give Clay my best when she is up to having greetings.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #465
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clay update

Morning everyone, Clay is still doing well, more alert this morning, bit of a rough night (some spasms as her inside are starting to readjust) but much better now, they are going to get her up into the chair this afternoon and PT is schd to come by either late this afternoon or in the am. Doc's came in this morning and all is par for the course.

Keep all the good vibes flowing!
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #466
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Morning everyone, Clay is still doing well, more alert this morning, bit of a rough night (some spasms as her inside are starting to readjust) but much better now, they are going to get her up into the chair this afternoon and PT is schd to come by either late this afternoon or in the am. Doc's came in this morning and all is par for the course.

Hey, Countryfem, thanks for posting. Any word on the tumor in her colon? You said that the mass in her uterus looked precancerous, but what is the word on the tumor found in her colon?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #467
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

I wonder why PT is coming in.

They had me up and walking the day after surgery. It is all about getting the bowels moving. I walked around that unit for 6 days until I finally had a bowel movement and could go home (went home on day 7).

The second surgery took longer. I was in there for 12 days or something like that (the first 3 were spent with me just laying there, waiting to see if somehow the adhesions weren't as bad as they appeared and surgery wouldn't be necessary). I was up and walking every hour I wanted out so bad. The nurses were like, what the hell?

Finally an old school midnight shift nurse came in and said, "I don't care that they say, you are drinking prune juice tonight". Did I go to the bathroom? Damn straight I did. (supposedly one is not supposed to drink prune juice anymore after a colon resection). The other secret? Lay on her left side.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #468
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, Countryfem, thanks for posting. Any word on the tumor in her colon? You said that the mass in her uterus looked precancerous, but what is the word on the tumor found in her colon?
That one was cancerous, but contained to that area, he took a 1/3 of her bowel out and he seems confident that he got all of it. They will know for sure once the bi-op gets back from the lab.
They are doing a really good job of pain managment, I'm quite impressed. He is not going to let her have any liguids by mouth till Mon , once they get her up and in the chair this afternoon we hope the bloating and pressure will start to ease, that has been the biggest issue so far.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #469
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

He has PT coming in as she fell a couple weeks ago, stepped off the curb and her knee went south so he just wants to make sure she won't have any further issues once they get her walking around. They really cover all the bases here, I'm very pleased with that as well!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #470
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks for the up date,give clay my best.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #471
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
He has PT coming in as she fell a couple weeks ago, stepped off the curb and her knee went south so he just wants to make sure she won't have any further issues once they get her walking around. They really cover all the bases here, I'm very pleased with that as well!
Yeah,knees can be a pain to deal with,been there and done that.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #472
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I wonder why PT is coming in.

They had me up and walking the day after surgery. It is all about getting the bowels moving. I walked around that unit for 6 days until I finally had a bowel movement and could go home (went home on day 7).

The second surgery took longer. I was in there for 12 days or something like that (the first 3 were spent with me just laying there, waiting to see if somehow the adhesions weren't as bad as they appeared and surgery wouldn't be necessary). I was up and walking every hour I wanted out so bad. The nurses were like, what the hell?

Finally an old school midnight shift nurse came in and said, "I don't care that they say, you are drinking prune juice tonight". Did I go to the bathroom? Damn straight I did. (supposedly one is not supposed to drink prune juice anymore after a colon resection). The other secret? Lay on her left side.
Ooops, meant to say the nurse said, "I don't care WHAT they say", not THAT they say. Everyone knows prune juice helps to have a bowel movement, but supposedly for people with colon resections the sediment is bad for you. I knew this, but I am glad that I trusted the nurse and just went with it. You can't get released from the hospital until you have a bowel movement after a resection.

It was the same nurse that told me to lay on my left side. I know that this really does help b/c I found that after being home, until my bowel system got to a semi-regular state, every time I rolled over to my left side in bed, I had to pop up to go to the bathroom. Kind of weird.

Anyway, you will find that in a 1-3 days Clay will become obsessed with having a bowel movement in order to get the hell out of there! Plus, the nurses ask you every other minute if you have had one. They also warn you of this! lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #473
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thank you for letting us know - so, glad Clay is doing well!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #474
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default For Clay and those that come here and care.

Keeping the beacon on for those that need it. Stay warm, and give safe hugs and get some back attcha.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #475
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
That one was cancerous, but contained to that area, he took a 1/3 of her bowel out and he seems confident that he got all of it. They will know for sure once the bi-op gets back from the lab.
They are doing a really good job of pain managment, I'm quite impressed. He is not going to let her have any liguids by mouth till Mon , once they get her up and in the chair this afternoon we hope the bloating and pressure will start to ease, that has been the biggest issue so far.
Glad to hear they believe they got it all, but I want to share something with you. They told me the same thing after the operation, only to find out a couple days later that it was in 1 lymph node, so I did have to have chemo.

I wouldn't suggest passing the above information onto Clay right now as it may just worry her, but I want to pass it along to you, just so that you are not overly surprised if they come back saying they found it in a few lymph nodes. I just hope that the doc made it clear that it is possible that it really could be in the lymph system and chemo would have to be done in that case. I was too drugged both visits, so it didn't effect me, but hearing everything is fine and then a few days later hearing the cancer traveled into the lymphatic system was upsetting for both my mother and partner.

<--- praying the doc is right and was not found in any lymph nodes

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #476
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Please pass on my love and prayers and well wishes to Clay!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #477
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Countyfemme,
I'm glad you're there with Clay. Thanks for keeping us posted. She still has a long journey ahead but you're there to help.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #478
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Countyfemme,
I'm glad you're there with Clay. Thanks for keeping us posted. She still has a long journey ahead but you're there to help.
I agree, Jane, I am also very grateful that Countryfemme is there for Clay! She really is an angel!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #479
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Default Clay update

Rough night, wheww poor Clay fluid buldup in her stomach couldn't get a good breath and they didn't tube her till this morning after the doc saw her...once the tube was in she felt soooo much better...she is finally resting and we hope she is moved to a private room today. Her pain lvl is great she hasn't had to "hit" the little extra button, they still have her on the epiy and it is working really well for her. I feel so bad for her and there's not much I can do but keep watch and hold her hand when she needs it I really feel kinda useless

Will update later! Thanks so much for all the support!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #480
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everyone....just popping in to give an update...

Mom arrived yesterday evening....very underweight, looking exhausted and, of course, refusing her wheelchair and carrying too much stuff through the airport...grrrrrrr.

Got her home and settled in. She's confused how to work this different TPN pump, so a call is in to the nurse to come give her a lesson. In the meantime, she's already eating and drinking better here...because I'm pushy, and I cook. The key issue will be how much of it she can hang on to long enough to do her any good.

So far she's had homemade pumpkin bread, tea with local honey, some scrambled egg with a little cheese, whole wheat toast without crusts and a little fresh orange juice (diluted with water). She took a bite of my steak....but only one. Part of her issue is that everything was tasting bad to her....and this all went reasonably well, so we'll see.

Chemo is extended 6 months, but she's still saying she wants to go home in the spring and is keeping her house. In the next breath, she's telling me where everything is stored and hidden....just in case.