Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
dancer611

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
fairy princess :)
Relationship Status:
single

dancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputationdancer611 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Newbie femme here--and a question about butches :)

Hey! I'm a young (20s) pansexual high femme, primarily attracted to butch women. I'd love to make some friends and learn more about the butch-femme community...but my first question is, WHERE ARE ALL THE BUTCHES?! Especially near my age! And butch-femme groups as well...the dynamic seems to be rarely appreciated these days in many areas...all I see are other femmes, who want to be with other femmes, and a few butch girls who are always already taken. Where in the world are there strong butch/femme communities? I've heard Toronto!
dancer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancer611 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

hi and welcome from another 20-something pansexual femme! i'm glad you found your way here.

my partner is from nyc and says there is a strong butch/femme community there. unfortunately it's not in the cards for us to move there, hehe.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions. But welcome to the planet. I hope you make a lot of friends.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the Planet family
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

to the Planet!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer611 View Post
Hey! I'm a young (20s) pansexual high femme, primarily attracted to butch women. I'd love to make some friends and learn more about the butch-femme community...but my first question is, WHERE ARE ALL THE BUTCHES?! Especially near my age! And butch-femme groups as well...the dynamic seems to be rarely appreciated these days in many areas...all I see are other femmes, who want to be with other femmes, and a few butch girls who are always already taken. Where in the world are there strong butch/femme communities? I've heard Toronto!
Yes i hear Toronto has a strong queer community as does Portland and San Fran.

Welcome to the Planet !
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

If that isn't the million dollar question If you find out, could you let the rest of here know please?? And welcome to The Planet.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
ru4me

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
single

ru4me is on a distinguished road
Default where are all the butches

I am from Portland....unfortunately ( in my opinion) there are alot of butches out here.....send some 40-something femmes here...pleeeease.
ru4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ru4me For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the Planet. ENJOY!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer611 View Post
I'm from Toronto and not sure how we compare to the US as I...don't really go there lol. The queer community here is pretty strong around the downtown area. My area is pretty queer, for example. There is a b-f community here as well, and there are occasional b/f/trans nights/get togethers. But I think most people just kind of meld into the general queer community and find each other that way, instead of sticking to b/f only venues. And yeah, still a lot of us who are in our 20s as well
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
mr.misnomer

How Do You Identify?:
boi/butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
either
Relationship Status:
single

mr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputationmr.misnomer Has the BEST Reputation
Default New to WA, new to 'the planet'.

i'm here looking for community. i've never participated in a forum like this. i'm a fairly masculine (often read as male), almost 40 yo, butch dyke. i'm not sure if there is a place for me here...i guess we'll see
Mr.M
Old 05-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #12
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I am a very nice butch from Vancouver.
There doesn't seem to be a huge b-f community here for some reason... maybe i need to visit Portland?

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #13
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the Planet!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #14
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

welcome to the planet dancer !!
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome! I am a newbie also. I found my Butch on line and snatched her up.

I have seen less young women identify as Butch or Femme these days because I think they figure it's not needed. It used to be something that had to be done, either/or type of thing, but not so much now days. I have heard that San Fran has a good Butch/Femme community.