Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I love the logo!

and

Green is a boy color?

Love me some spyrograph!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #62
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Are Merkins going to be in our Meet and Greet goodie bags again this year?

Is it going to be like last year and all the neebies have to wear them?
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #63
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

I bring you, a Merkin.

I never knew what a merkin was either until Medusa educated me back in the day.

I have to say this looks like an "angry" merkin though. It has a mean merkin-like face. Actually the face patch looks like the "Chuckie" doll. And if that's the case, run for the hills and keep far, far away from this particular merkin.

Got me thinking now. I wouldn't mind looking at a Wonder Woman Merkin...Now that'd be hot!!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #64
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

What really is a Merkin? It looks like a G-string, minus the strings. Is that what a Merkin is? Do they all look like shag carpets like this one?

I like the pink.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #65
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Smile weighin in brief style

The very reason I am on this site is bcuz it is a Butch Femme site. I never never never want any other way. Just last nite I found myself kinda worrying whether there would ever be enough members who joined and did not identify as bf...to change this site into a gay blend of people who are not into identification. Reading responses today makes me feel better. I do not appreciate an implication(imply not infer)(lol) that bf is a faze and that in a bettr reality we dont need to identify. It took me awhile to find a safe place to land. If you dont believe it can make a difference for life...attend a reunion...and come home. Come home and see all of us being us.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #66
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I like the fact that the f looks like a stilleto. But then, as far as I'm concerned, it's always about the shoes.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #67
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too tired to think after a long hard work day
Wanted all y'all to know, I've enjoyed reading this thread

Also, would like to see more bodies with Merkins please n ty
The pink was hawt and I don't even like pink much

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #68
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
Ok, I am a bit overtired, so if my perception is off or I am reading too much into the details, my apologies. Here is what I see and how it all seems to work:

One (possibility A): the banner combined with the logo looks like a microphone which can indicate that everyone here is allowed, and even encouraged to use their voice. Because of the very nature of what a microphone does, it lends to the idea our voices are important, and perhaps some need a little extra amplification.

One (possibility B): the banner combined with the logo looks like a lollipop which can indicate that all sorts of flavors exists in our universe. It also give the idea that this is a "sweet" place to be.

Two: if you allow your eyes to unfocus while looking at the surrounding circles, you might be able to see that these outer circles actually blend into a multi-structure of varying colors. Again, this gives the impression that no one color dominates over the others. Granted, there are three simple colors, the melding of the three give a rich and lively appearance.

Three: the black background of the circle not only makes the colors pop more, it reminds me of a kind of heaviness, perhaps depth that everyone holds. It is almost like a blackhole without the sucking. It seems to beg each of us to look within to find that place that does not contain any binaries; just regular people with regular lives, but at the same time, the letters force us to understand that not a single one of us is regular. We are all fantastic with light and love to give to the world.

Four: the "B" does not seem basic. It is not the typical Times New Roman or Arial font that we see everyday. It is bolder, riskier. That does not mean that all butches by nature are bolder or riskier, it is just a letter in this way. However, because it is part of the b/f dynamic, the stray away from the more acceptable font can show us that we are original, and capable of being dynamic. The "f" is a almost floral without being overdone. Many femmes I know (myself included) are not physically high maintenance, and it seems apt that this "f" represents us. It is pretty, but not overly so. Now as for the coloring, I adore the fact the "b" and "p" are green. Here again, we stray away from mainstream ideas of what is supposed to be as opposed to what is. The pink is not soft and baby-like. It is strong, assertive, commanding attention. The combination of the colors is playful, cheerful. I do not believe that anything about the logo or banner is anyway suggesting hetero-normative values in an American societal way.
This was amazing... I love the way you looked at this... Very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
Really? Of all the things to spend mental energy on, are we really now dissecting someone's hard work for this community? Really? Have we run out of topics that will lead to positive discussion and moving instead to dissect the logo? Really???

I'm not moderating yet.
yep, really! Some people have some amazing thoughts on things.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #69
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I've loved reading everyone's thoughts as well, interesting stuff!

But for me? Pink and green are my favorite colors, have been since the preppy years. Have a pink sticker on my truck with bold black letters, never gave those letters much thought though because I just simply liked what it said, same here. I reckon if I picked hard enough in my tired brain, I could bemoan almost anything, lol

LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #70
Justin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Sir
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Justin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST Reputation

I have waited to respond to this thread so I could collect my thoughts.....and my glasses

As an artist first who has designed logo's, I have to say I was very impressed by the aesthetic feel and the choice of font (trust me it's hard to come up with this stuff).

Now as me, a butch..... I have found a home on these sites that are for butch, femme ideals so to speak. I am old,old,old school and when I came out very young this was how the world was, but it fit me to a tee. I know times and things have changed and yes, we are a dying breed. I have been to MANY other lesbian dating sites and forums and all I get from femmes is a "NO" cause they want other femmes or a mailbox full of butches wanting to date me. Now mind you none of this offends me, its just not my cup of tea. Here I have found a home where I know I can feel safe!!!!! Does this mean we are not accepting of all ideals and relationships? NO !!!! For once in my life I have found a place where my ideals and who I am are accepted!!! And we are accepting of everyone!!!! This is why I love BFP <3, I feel at home but we are a diverse group of individuals. Who cares if you pack or not, if you get nails or not, it doesn't matter!!!! What does matter is that we are accepting of all that want to share themselves with us, and accept us all for who we are as individuals!!!

BFP rock on !!!!! And thank you for making this a home for everyone !!!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #71
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

random thoughts after a 15 hour day during which i missed all this...

...i love that this thread devolved into fuckery it seriously made my day to come home to.
...i love that picture of princessbelle and bulldog.
...i'm not a huge fan of binaries or stereotypes of what it means to be butch/femme. i don't think of butch/femme as a binary. i'm not a very girly femme. i rarely wear pink and i never wear heels. (okay, that's a lie, i wear them like once a year for work. but still.) the points that have been brought up here about the "butch is bold, femme is pink and flowery" ish is something that i've definitely thought of before with regards to the logo. and that's not really my deal, but it's cool.
...i love pink, green, and black together. green is my favorite color and i'm not a huge fan of pink but i love the hot pink/black combo. and the way it integrates with the whole color scheme of the site.
...the circles are really cool and i love the favicon.
...as a forum admin and a web designer i totally appreciate the amount of work it must have taken to make the logo (which is aesthetically gorgeous and AMAZING) and make the forum colors match.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #72
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

What I think is so cool about the Planet, is that a topic on a thread can start out in one direction, can take off into another, some folks can get riled up, others not so much and still others can make us think and feel.

In the end, for the most part, once the dust has settled, we can still come back together as a community.

I really love that about this place.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #73
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
What I think is so cool about the Planet, is that a topic on a thread can start out in one direction, can take off into another, some folks can get riled up, others not so much and still others can make us think and feel.

In the end, for the most part, once the dust has settled, we can still come back together as a community.

I really love that about this place.
Anya, I wish I could give you a big huge bear hug right now! Whomever gets to spend the rest of their life with you is one hellofa lucky butch!! And if no butch snags you, this femme makes a super fun roommate.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #74
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I see randomness, graffiti, carefree and floating......and no, I have not taken any happy pills today.

When I was creating the washer set for the raffle, I was custom spray painting the rings on the box; of which some of you got to follow my progress as I went. When I was out in my little workshop/garage working on it one night, I was trying to figure out where to put the next ring and which color it needed to be....then I thought: it doesn't matter; it's going to fit right in with the others and it doesn't have to be perfect!

That is how I feel here at the Planet....I fit right in no matter who I am talking to, and god knows I do not have to be perfect.

So having played WITH the logo; I like it even more!

As far as the font....OMG, kudos to y'all trying to find the right one! I sat here for several nights trying different fonts for the writing on the side of the washer set. OMG, who knew there were so many out there! I ended up going with the bold stencil font for all of the writing. I don't want to have to mess with THAT chore again...lol

Carry on.....
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #75
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
From the above link :

Quote:
The size of the letters is not about hierarchy, or sexism. Our initials are BFP. Our name is butchfemmeplanet.com. When I type it out, Butch doesn't get capitalized over Femme, they are both caps. Example: "We belong to a Butch Femme Planet." Not a BUTCH femme planet.

When we do BFP it tends to look like a block. In my head, Butch isn't more "important" than Femme or Planet. We are looking for something that is visually appealing and incorporates our color scheme and the feel, as much as possible. In this case, it makes sense that the middle letter we're using as part of our brand is different, so as to avoid a block. I am tending to use a lower case, script "F" because they tend to give a nicer contrast between the two other letters.

I hope that makes better sense and we can stop overpersonalizing the size of our...fonts.
I never really noticed it up close and personal before till this thread came about. I knew I like it! no, no I love it! The colors and logo all combine together perfectly. . and I like pink in logos and things as such and wear pink too! I think it makes something stand out and be noticed. Nothing to do with butch, femme or any gender. very well done!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #76
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I bring you, a Merkin.

i am disturbed. possibly i was disturbed before but i am disturber now.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote