Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
All kinds of shows for free on SLING.com.

Right now I’m watching Django Unchained. Lots of triggers so I’ll watch for as long as I can, but it’s worth it just to see Django rescue Broomhilda and to see Samuel Jackson straighten his back in one of the closing scenes.
I really loved that movie, but it was BRUTAL. I remember coming out of the theater in a crowd of POC and keeping my eyes lowered.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:23 AM   #802
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight's movie will be the start of another top 10.....

Resident Evil series
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #803
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,542 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Selected free HBO series

Silicon Valley.....new set of geeks to watch..lol
Series of events and quirky comedy, definitely earns its 4.9 rotten tomato status.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 11:32 AM   #804
Baby_Yoda

How Do You Identify?:
wolf boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Depends on who is addressing me.
Relationship Status:
Supposedly in a relationship

Baby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST ReputationBaby_Yoda Has the BEST Reputation

Working through the Marvel movies on Disney+ ATM.

Baby_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby_Yoda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #805
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I found season 2 of The Boulet Brothers' Dragula on Netflix.

It was interesting.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #806
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Planet of the Humans April 21, 2020 YouTube

Michael Moore Presents: Planet of the Humans | Full Documentary | Directed by Jeff Gibbs

Michael Moore presents Planet of the Humans, a documentary that dares to say what no one else will this Earth Day — that we are losing the battle to stop climate change on planet earth because we are following leaders who have taken us down the wrong road — selling out the green movement to wealthy interests and corporate America. This film is the wake-up call to the reality we are afraid to face: that in the midst of a human-caused extinction event, the environmental movement’s answer is to push for techno-fixes and band-aids. It's too little, too late.

Removed from the debate is the only thing that MIGHT save us: getting a grip on our out-of-control human presence and consumption. Why is this not THE issue? Because that would be bad for profits, bad for business. Have we environmentalists fallen for illusions, “green” illusions, that are anything but green, because we’re scared that this is the end—and we’ve pinned all our hopes on biomass, wind turbines, and electric cars?

No amount of batteries are going to save us, warns director Jeff Gibbs (lifelong environmentalist and co-producer of “Fahrenheit 9/11” and “Bowling for Columbine"). This urgent, must-see movie, a full-frontal assault on our sacred cows, is guaranteed to generate anger, debate, and, hopefully, a willingness to see our survival in a new way—before it’s too late.

Featuring: Al Gore, Bill McKibben, Richard Branson, Robert F Kennedy Jr., Michael Bloomberg, Van Jones, Vinod Khosla, Koch Brothers, Vandana Shiva, General Motors, 350.org, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sierra Club, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Nature Conservancy, Elon Musk, Tesla.

Music by: Radiohead, King Crimson, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Blank & Jones, If These Trees Could Talk, Valentina Lisitsa, Culprit 1, Patrick O’hearn, The Torquays, Nigel Stanford, and many more.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #807
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Signed up for AppleTV

The Morning Show

With my two favorite girls, Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston. Now if they could get a special appearance with Sandra Bullock..swoon 😎

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #808
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest; A secret love.
Amid shifting time, two women kept their decades-long love a secret. But coming out later in life comes with its own set of challenges.
Director: Chris Bolan

I laughed, I cried. Their love gives me hope.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #809
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest; A secret love.
Amid shifting time, two women kept their decades-long love a secret. But coming out later in life comes with its own set of challenges.
Director: Chris Bolan

I laughed, I cried. Their love gives me hope.
Kim, I loved this movie too! Earlier I had posted about it in the 'movies anyone' thread as well! The more we get the word out about this flick the better
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #810
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

moana......Aladdin.....mulan.. not in any particular order
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #811
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

I recommend and really enjoyed

A Secret Love
Irrational Man

Now I'm on to..
Hollywood

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #812
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

The Pirates of the Caribbean series ...those are always fun movies
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #813
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Wolf Hall (2015)

I am currently watching Wolf Hall, a 2015 BBC release (available also thru Prime Video - Amazon.com).

I have finished 3 of the 6 episodes, and I can't say enough about this excellent TV mini-series. There were so many scenes that I will always remember, like images that recall some of Vermeer's paintings, only these are in motion.

The acting is excellent, the dialogue, the choreography, the music, the costumes, everything, and the story (so quiet and gentle) records an extraordinarily intense time in British Tudor history. Well worth watching!

"After the downfall of Cardinal Wolsey, his secretary, Thomas Cromwell, finds himself amongst the treachery and intrigue of King Henry VIII's court and soon becomes a close advisor to the King, a role fraught with danger."

This series is an extraordinary accurate historical rendering of the life of Thomas Cromwell - an adaptation of the first two books (of the trilogy of Thomas Cromwell's life) by Hilary Mantel (who won Bookers for both books). The third book in the series has just came out (2020), and I now have all three books stored on my Kobo... which I am also reading.

In a most excellent documentary on Hilary Mantel, where she discusses her personal life, her books, etc., she talks about how Thomas Cromwell contributed to "the Reformation, in giving the Bible in English to the people, and establishing Parliament as a ruling force". I saw this documentary on TV, but it is available on YouTube (Hilary Mantel: Return to Wolf Hall (2020):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDG-N5Z4POU

As an aside, from Wikipedia:

"During her twenties, Mantel had a debilitating and painful illness. She was initially diagnosed with a psychiatric illness, hospitalised, and treated with antipsychotic drugs, which reportedly produced psychotic symptoms. In consequence, Mantel refrained from seeking help from doctors for some years. Finally, in Botswana and desperate, she consulted a medical textbook and realised she was probably suffering from a severe form of endometriosis, a diagnosis confirmed by doctors in London. The condition and necessary surgery left her unable to have children and continued to disrupt her life. Continued treatment by steroids caused weight gain and radically changed her appearance."

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 04:47 PM   #814
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
I am currently watching Wolf Hall, a 2015 BBC release (available also thru Prime Video - Amazon.com).

I have finished 3 of the 6 episodes, and I can't say enough about this excellent TV mini-series. There were so many scenes that I will always remember, like images that recall some of Vermeer's paintings, only these are in motion.

The acting is excellent, the dialogue, the choreography, the music, the costumes, everything, and the story (so quiet and gentle) records an extraordinarily intense time in British Tudor history. Well worth watching!

"After the downfall of Cardinal Wolsey, his secretary, Thomas Cromwell, finds himself amongst the treachery and intrigue of King Henry VIII's court and soon becomes a close advisor to the King, a role fraught with danger."

This series is an extraordinary accurate historical rendering of the life of Thomas Cromwell - an adaptation of the first two books (of the trilogy of Thomas Cromwell's life) by Hilary Mantel (who won Bookers for both books). The third book in the series has just came out (2020), and I now have all three books stored on my Kobo... which I am also reading.

In a most excellent documentary on Hilary Mantel, where she discusses her personal life, her books, etc., she talks about how Thomas Cromwell contributed to "the Reformation, in giving the Bible in English to the people, and establishing Parliament as a ruling force". I saw this documentary on TV, but it is available on YouTube (Hilary Mantel: Return to Wolf Hall (2020):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDG-N5Z4POU

As an aside, from Wikipedia:

"During her twenties, Mantel had a debilitating and painful illness. She was initially diagnosed with a psychiatric illness, hospitalised, and treated with antipsychotic drugs, which reportedly produced psychotic symptoms. In consequence, Mantel refrained from seeking help from doctors for some years. Finally, in Botswana and desperate, she consulted a medical textbook and realised she was probably suffering from a severe form of endometriosis, a diagnosis confirmed by doctors in London. The condition and necessary surgery left her unable to have children and continued to disrupt her life. Continued treatment by steroids caused weight gain and radically changed her appearance."

An Ex of mine was a direct decendent of William Tyndal,the guy that translated it from Latin to English,he was burnt at the stake as a heretic by the church,I remeber her folks had the ink wells and also family portriats,also her family remained full on christians through all the following generations,not her,but her brother n sister were total happy clappers.
We went to Oxfordshire when we were in the UK and I found a book on him,in an old church there,
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #815
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Wolf Hall (2019) addendum

Well, I just binged watched the last three episodes, and WOW, omg, I am speechless, it was so good. I can't wait until the BBC does the adaptation of Mantel's last book in her Thomas Cromwell trilogy, The Mirror and the Light (2020). But then again, I have it on my Kobo, and it is looking like I may read it before any adaptation is done.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #816
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Finished the last episode of Kingdom on Netflix

Watched the secret life of pets 2
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 05:59 AM   #817
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Secret Love

Watched this yesterday.
It was a very good documentary., and one that i think a lot of you would like.
Its about two women who met in the 40's
And couldn’t be out at that time.
Its a heart warming story.
Worth watching
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 06:31 AM   #818
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
Watched this yesterday.
It was a very good documentary., and one that i think a lot of you would like.
Its about two women who met in the 40's
And couldn’t be out at that time.
Its a heart warming story.
Worth watching

Thanks for spreading the news!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 06:45 AM   #819
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Watched S3E3 of Killing Eve on Sling for free. Unfortunately, I think the emphasis is on who is being killed instead of how they're dying. It's not as posh as it was and I wonder if my assessment is swayed by that. Whatever the case, I'm still enjoying it.

Also watched E4 of Defending Jacob on Apple TV and think I'd enjoy the book more than the series, but am sticking with it to the end.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #820
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Forgot to say its on netflix
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post: