Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #821
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Yay! I now have a Craigslist recumbent bike in my workout
room (aka living room)! I am so happy about it!

Kelt, thanks for that great article. Smart advice.
Jennifer, I am so with you about being back at school
and trying to pack it all in. Or being worried that I won't
be able to. Actually, the other day I found myself really
feeling that working out and watching my food takes
total priority over my job now! Work, this year, will be a very
small part of my life. It will not consume me (as it usually
does). My health and fitness routines, and the slow changes
that are happening to my body, mind, and spirit, are so
much more rewarding and important to me!
Well, let's see if it stays like this...

So, today was my high carb day. And my hardest workout
with the weights. A great day! Exhausted! But I just have to
hop on that new bike for 20 minutes before bed!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #822
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I went for a bike rode the last three nights after work. Tonight I'm just hanging out at home.

I was going around the 3-mile loop at Prospect Park, and noticed a guy ahead of me with a prosthetic leg and long dreds. His T-shirt said, "Work less."

I saw three people (yes, three!), riding with no hands, so they could text.

That last quarter mile or so of the loop is a slow incline that will really kick your ass, but it's gotten so much easier now that I realize, I've been waiting for the hard part to hit, and then suddenly I'm at the end of the loop.

I also like that straight path that goes about 20 blocks down the west side of the park. Coming back, I got off and started going up and down the side streets. I would coast down one block, then stand on the pedals and use what feels like my whole body, up the next street.

It's light enough to ride till about 7:20. Today I ordered a $7 reflecting vest on Amazon. I should also get lights. I'm thinking, if I get the right gloves and jacket and so on, I can ride till there's ice on the ground.

Year round cyclist here and proud of it. You can cycle through all weathers with the right clothes and attitude.

I love that feeling when an 'incline' that's always felt like a workout suddenly becomes easier, if not easy. I've experienced the same recently with some nasty short, steep(ish for for a chap with lung disease) inclines that have always been a challenge.

I love reading your exercise posts because you do in the open air like me.

Keep on doing it outside!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #823
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Year round cyclist here and proud of it. You can cycle through all weathers with the right clothes and attitude.

Yes, when I was into mountain biking I did it year round. I always liked the sound of the crunchy snow under my tires on the trails.

The weather never bothered me. How did I get so old and grumpy (at age 43)?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #824
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

After one day off, I did another mile and a half walk last night. I felt so much better after taking a day to rest. I was in some pretty serious pain from going from sedentary to active. I am not nearly as sore today.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #825
Daktari

Talking

Hah! Dapper, perhaps when you get to my advanced years you'll be less grumpy and feel even more inclined to do things, like cycle in all weathers, when all around are saying they're too old to do stuff like that anymore!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #826
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

I love that feeling when an 'incline' that's always felt like a workout suddenly becomes easier, if not easy. I've experienced the same recently with some nasty short, steep(ish for for a chap with lung disease) inclines that have always been a challenge.

I love reading your exercise posts because you do in the open air like me.

Keep on doing it outside!
I couldn't agree more. I love being outside for everything, but most particularly exercise. I really struggle when I go to the gym because of it. Mostly I am good at skipping the gym so that I can head to the beach or pool so that I can be outdoors.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #827
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

0222good, what type of recumbent bike did you get?

BB has one from Costco that we ordered on Amazon (for maybe 2 to 300). Hy's been riding it for several years, and screws fall out, but somehow the bike continues to work great for hym! I let the bike be hys alone because I think it's nice for someone to have their own space and toy . Hy watches Pretty Little Liars, Orange is the New Black, the Fosters, and all sorts of shows I never watch while hy rides it.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #828
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Today was alternate walking/running for 30 minutes.
Various pushups
and situps- I'm up to 27 in a minute.

Have a great Saturday everybody!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #829
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I went to Zumba this morning, and I worked hard!

My butt is sore, my legs are sore, and I hope there's some good reason we're working our shoulders.

There was a new young peppy teacher and she kept us moving for 60 minutes.

I don't do any jumping and if I'm tired, I just march and gyrate until I'm ready to go again.

I'm trying to get to my morning classes three days a week and to Zumba 2-3 times a week.

Good for me!
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #830
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went for a three and a half hour walk in Riverside Park today. Well, I also swung on the swing set and used the jungle gym and that cool spiral slide. I was on the phone with my mom while at the playground, and she kept yelling at me, "Be careful!" And I'd say, "I'm old enough, MOM!" It was a beautiful day out, and I walked trails, climbed steps, and people watched. I saw a group doing a kung fu lesson. Ironically, with such a long walk, the only tense part of it took place during the last five minutes! I ran into an administrator and teacher from my school (married to each other) and their children. It was very awkward because my wireless listening device had lost it's charge, so I'd been listening to a book on Audible through my i-phone set on speaker. It was a non-fiction book on toxic waste. So I tried to turn it off as we stopped to say hello, but instead I pushed the button that speeds up the audio narration of the book, so it sounded like Chipmunk Punk! And, of course, for the life of me, I just couldn't get the sound off! It was a painfully awkward couple of minutes. Afterwards I just tried to look on the bright side that I wasn't wearing my "On a Queer day you can see forever" t-shirt.

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #831
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

nothing planned today. I'm surprised I'm not sooo sore lately.

I'll be doing "some" walking at work. Ya'll have a great Sun day!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #832
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today and yesterday both I've done beach walks in the morning. 4.5 miles each time with Saturday 1.5 & today 3 miles done barefoot to strengthen my feet. It feels like I'm doing nothing, but I know that I am on the way to balancing things out.

Beach report: Looks like the oil containment booms have been pulled up. I'm not seeing much in the way of media information, but I gather the damage is mostly north of where I am. So it looks like all systems are go for bringing in more equipment this next week. It is going to be interesting to watch.

nycfem, I love swing-sets! That is something I learned to look for when I'm doing long drives during road trips. There's nothing like finding some old swing-set along the way and spending 15 or 20 minutes really going for it. It shakes out the kinks and the antsies and I have found that it is actually a really good core workout. I was thinking there aren't any around me, and then I realized that I really haven't looked locally. So you've giving me a new project, go find a swing set! Bonus points for being outdoors. Thank you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #833
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did the Arc Trainer for an hour, Level 10, strength program. I got my favorite one. Jill's favorite one is not my favorite one, thank goodness, so she was right beside me. She likes to go back and forth between the Arc trainer and the Stair Master from here to eternity. I never use the Stairmaster, just regular steps, because the Stairmaster doesn't agree with my feet (Too much pressure falls on the front of my foot, and I have a history of a fractured sesamoid bone, so yeah... not my thing). Afterwards I did 30 minutes of weights, stretching, and yoga. Here's a list of 3 things I like and don't like about Jill (I made this in my head while next to her):

Don't like:
1. Too much perfume
2. Doesn't acknowledge my existence unless I initiate
3. Plays her music a little on the loud side

Like:
1. Always there
2. Mysterious
3. Amazing looks

How do I... ?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #834
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Danced for three hours!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #835
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I did my mile and a half walk...I went from "slow paced" to "leisurely pace" to "moderate pace" in a weeks time, not bad. *s

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #836
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

worked in the heat today, should have burned a million calories!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #837
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

Did all that I planned this week. Would have liked another hitting session but it was probably good I didn't and not risk overdoing it for today's event. Always want to play more but have to be cautious not to over-play.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #838
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

We worked in the garden for more than three hours.

Poor Pete would have given up, she said, but

I was unstoppable.

I weeded the hell out of all four beds,

I trimmed two rose bushes, and

I dragged around bags of mulch.

I guess it doesn't sound like much, but,

I was sore and tired, but not as sore and tired as

I would have been last year.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #839
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Same old thing; bike riding around Prospect Park yesterday morning,

then down the 20-block path that flanks the west side of the park,

then up and down the side streets between Prospect Park West and 8th Avenue,

then up and down the side streets between 7th Avenue and 6th Avenue,

then headed home.

It took about an hour and a half.

I stopped at one point to check out the big flea market at the public school on 7th Avenue.

It was beautiful out.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #840
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

This mornings game plan was to go to the gym and do weights for 30 minutes and then HIIT on the arc for 20 minutes.

Then I got up and it was sunny.

I went to the beach instead. 4.5 miles.

Everyday here is sunny.

I see a flaw in the gym plan.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights