Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #841
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I have lost about 27 pounds in the last few months, mostly from changing my diet (eliminating bad carbs). I haven't done much exercise. Today I eased into things by walking in the backyard for 15 minutes first thing this morning (before coffee!). The dogs supervised. I am going to do another walking stint this evening. I plan on starting with some light weights tomorrow. I will work my way up.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #842
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight I was biking back down to my street and it was only 7:10 and already getting dark out. It's cooler today, and I hesitated about wearing shorts to bike in but did anyway. Once I warmed up, it was great. Then when I got home I went out on the balcony and there was one thin streak of orange in the sky.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #843
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

Today was rest day, but I worked out on the massage table. Life is good.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #844
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I did an hour on the Arc Trainer, Level 10, strength program. I've been watching a mediocre reality series called Dance Moms while at the gym, about a small group of young girls competing in dance competitions. There's too much drama between the moms and not enough dance, but I still enjoy it enough to finish the series. The leader of the dance company, Abby Lee Miller, is fat, childless, and fierce. She's kinda cool, and I love some of the choreography of the dancing. It's not all drama. There's some really cool dances! Also, it seems to be in her contract that they can't make fun of her weight because she's very fat, and she gets yelled at by the moms and the girls and competing dance companies for all kinds of petty things but not for being fat. I love not having to worry about that upsetting me and just being able to enjoy seeing a fat woman teach dance like nobody's business! Here's a pic of Abby Lee:

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #845
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

1.5 miles. Twas very sweaty.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #846
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Helllllo!

It's been a heckuva week, y'all.

This is what I've been up to.

9/4: moved aka weight training for a couple of hours
9/5-9/7: unpacked, moved furniture, cleaned
9/8: the Beast for 45 minutes. 447 cal, 2.26 miles.
9/9: moved some more furniture and boxes around
9/10: nada except work half the day and hang around for the a/c and internet guys to show up

Even though I've actually only put ONE day of "real" exercise in, I've dropped almost 3 pounds in a week. I have even done this while eating KFC (split into three meals). I had a massive craving and everywhere I went, there was fried chicken!

My coworker had it for lunch and the office smelled delish, then later that night I went to a house for a Craigslist find and they were frying up some chicken and my taste buds were screaming. So, I got some. I picked up a 3 piece, mashed taters and gravy, coleslaw and a biscuit. I had a piece of chicken each meal and divied up the sides. That biscuit didn't last but a few minutes. so rounds two and three were biscuit-less.

Sooooo, here are my theories. One, I changed up my routine and my body was like, whaaaa??? okay. cool. and it carried on. Two, in the past week, I've gone down several ticks on the stress meter so there's less cortisol floating in my gut. Three, it's good to indulge a little bit once in a while. The emotional and sense benefits (for me, it's comfort food and a little nostaglic) outweigh any physical cons.

I am now, officially, 2 pounds away from my Reunion goal weight.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #847
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Yay Gemme! You must feel great to be so close to your goal! Today was ab day for me, and I hope to do the bike a little later. I have a decline bench that I hook my feet into (kinda brings out my S&M subconscious!) for situps, and which I also use while holding a ball for my obliques. Then I did planks, and finished with a bicycle style exercise on the floor. Three sets of reps for each exercise, with 30 seconds to a minute rest between each rep. I'll have a little dinner soon, and then hopefully get on the recumbent bike...
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #848
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I vote for all of the above with a heavy dose of two.

Went to the beach today for 4.5. This was more than negated by going to a beach peeps house for lunch after.

Homemade spring rolls of many types followed by an obscene amount of Jackfruit. I was also sent home with a bowl of amazing homemade seafood soupish stuff with crispy fried egg white noodles to serve it on for dinner.

I really love fresh vietnamese food. It seems evil but is all good stuff.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #849
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

A mile and half again today, feels good now, but 89 degrees...sticky.

~Washington Irving
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #850
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I did lots and lots of walking today, but no weights. My day did not exactly go as planned. Hopefully tomorrow will be less chaotic, and I will get on track.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #851
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Every Tuesday my colleague and I walk in the Botanic Gardens over lunch because that's the day it's free. The amount of fragrance, and trees, and leaves, and scent of upcoming fall is luscious.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #852
Daktari

Talking

No dedicated exercise as such for aaaaages. However I spend much being outside and work a semi physical job (cycle maintenance) so get lots of on-the-job exercise. Just need to add some planks to m'evening routine for keep the abs toned to my satisfaction.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #853
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm working really hard, working out at the gym five times a week.

I feel like I am getting stronger, and I have added weight to my bar, but Zumba is still so hard for me.

I had a terrible crisis of confidence yesterday and I started crying in front of the teacher/trainer.

I really like her and I generally feel very encouraged by her, but she assumed that I was upset because I wasn't losing weight fast enough.

I had been really frustrated that the scale wasn't moving, but that has changed, and I'm wearing a smaller size than I was at this time last year.

She suggested that I eat fewer calories and I told her that I was comfortable with what I was eating, that I had recently started eating more fat and protein.

I asked her if it was really okay if I had to modify what we did in Zumba, if I marched in place or did something different when there's jumping, and she said, Of course!

She said that all the teachers felt the same way, that they all want us to do what's comfortable for our bodies.

I am still committed to stretch and Group Power three times a week, and Zumba 2-3 times a week.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #854
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

After getting absolutely no sleep last night I wasn't sure how I would hold up today, but I did manage two walking stints (second one a slow jog) and one session of light weight lifting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #855
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight was pretty awesome. I had a half hour round on the Beast and it went well. I worked hard and I felt it, but I felt strong too. 315 calories and a little under 2 miles burned like yesterday's money.

Interesting (to me) tidbit: I find sweaty wrists and hands sexy. Well, maybe not sweaty. Glistening. No actual beads of sweat; just the glimmer and shine on the skin that says You. Are. Kicking. Ass.

That's right; I just called my wrists sexy. What?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #856
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Cool I'm too sexy for my forearms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Interesting (to me) tidbit: I find sweaty wrists and hands sexy. Well, maybe not sweaty. Glistening. No actual beads of sweat; just the glimmer and shine on the skin that says You. Are. Kicking. Ass.

That's right; I just called my wrists sexy. What?

Yes, that is interesting. I think my forearms look sexy when they glimmer and shine. No seriously, I do remember noticing it and didn't think "sexy" at the time, just that it looked kind of cool. But, yeah, I think if someone asked me if at the time if sexy was a word that would fit, I'd say yeah.

I'm not really shocked by that, though. I am a bit narcissistic. I like to call it healthy self confidence, though.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #857
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

A mile and a half again tonight. I felt a little like I was on crack after, my poor Zack (my old kitty) was trying to follow me around as per usual and finally he gave up. Poor old man.

~Washington Irving
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #858
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a nice walk on the treadmill for 50 minutes tonight. I didn't want to work myself too hard since tomorrow morning will be a good, long workout. Random program, starting at level 7 and finishing at level 10. 255 calories and 2.35 miles.

Not too shabby!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #859
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

45 eliptical. Upper body. blah, blah, blah.

oh, and I got a haircut.

and chinese (tofu with mixed vegetables).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #860
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Two stints of walking/jogging for me and one session of light weight lifting.

I've been tempted to throw in other stuff. Leave it to Dapper to be the trail blazer. I had a pork chop and green beans for dinner. The Braves are beating the Marlins. Wax on, wax off.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights