Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How long, on AVERAGE, do you spend on a phone call with a good friend
Under 20 minutes 12 18.75%
Between 21 and 40 minutes 11 17.19%
Between 40 minutes and an hour 19 29.69%
Between an hour and two hours 12 18.75%
Between two hours and three hours 3 4.69%
Between three hours and four hours 0 0%
More than four hours, but less than seven hours 1 1.56%
More than seven hours: after that who can count? 0 0%
I don't have a phone. 0 0%
Other. 6 9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Because I'm profoundly Deaf and self-conscience about how I might be percieved on the Phone.
Anyone that knows Me well r/t, will quickly say "Fuck that, getting hym to talk more than 2 minutes on the phone is a Huge accomplishment"...
Always been that way...g/f wanted to get in touch? Visit...or write.

Which shocked the ever loving shit out of Everyone when I kept hijacking my relatives Cellphones to talk with o'Queery until almost sunrise, almost every day....
At one point, I got teased..."U can't make fun of me now, you're worse, at least I eat & sleep !"

Other than that, unless it's really important, I loathe phones, my local DMV has a TDD, so that might help in the future...
Social Workers, Case Managers, Shrinks, all of 'em ask whoever's talking for me to get me to Verbally say it's ok for them to discuss my Case/appointment..
All I say is "OK!!"
That's how much I try to avoid the phone.....unless it's o'Q

Old 05-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I don't like to talk on the phone really. However, when I talk with long-time friends that live in other states or countries, I do talk for at least an hour and maybe more. My closest friend in Seattle (I'm in CA and we have known one another over 35 years), talk for 1-2 hours about every 3 months or so.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #23
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I, too, dislike talking on the phone. Some of it, like others have said, is related to hearing issues. What is really evil is voicemail. I hate listening to it. Most times I call the person back cause I don't want to listen to voicemail. Which then elicits: "Did you listen to my message?" "No. Tell me what you said." This usually is a conversation of me saying, "What did you say?" I am not asking cause I am not listening, I am asking cause I can't hear you, physically.

Toughy never leaves a message, I see a missed call and I call her back. I dunno what it is but I have never liked chatting away on the phone.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm really depends on who it is. In generally it is quick and to the point but sometimes it can be lengthy. Also depends on my mood. Geee...I can't sleep who can I call and wake up right now LOL
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 AM   #25
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

I hate the phone! I guess it all started when I once had a job that required me to be on the phone all day. I am more of a visual person...love to see body language and facial expressions.... I want to talk in person!
I have my conversations with friends and family by internet or texting on cell phone if I can get away with only that! Living out of country and long distance calling is way too expensive for a casual chat session.
rockybcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #26
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One of my jobs is talking on the phone. I'm not much of a phone talker, however every now and then I'll get on with an old friend and we'll have at it. Even still 20-40 min. I'm also not much of a chatter and this drives some of my friends nuts. I'd much rather write emails or letters. I'm up really really early and my mind is active and filled with lots to talk about. By 4pm I'm starting to get tired, my brain less active and more into chilly. If I'm with someone we're more likely sitting on the front porch sipping wine and listening to music.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #27
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I am so not a phone talker. No. I like real time much better.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote