Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #21
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I was fourtunate that I have the ppl in my life to step in for the bio sperm doner that wasnt hear to injoy the kid he sired.My gramps was the rock of my young life,he passed all to soon,poppa I love and miss you.Then there were two uncles that stepen in to be there for me..my uncle wally..a big huge ex navy chief petty officer with a heart of gold was there when I needed him...I wish I had not been such an ass as a teenager but he always understood the frustration and rebelion that was in me better than anyone else...uncle wally u were the best.Then my uncle Jack tho I didnt see him as much as I wished I could have cause he was a big gun military guy that was always off doing stuff for the army,he came out of no where when I fell flat on my face not once but several times.He didnt scold or berate me he just reached out a hand to lift me up,dust me off and said...ok kid what up and how are we going to fix it.Much love to u for being there.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #22
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Rockin,

My Grandfather was really the one person who I think of on Father's Day. In fact, I have taken on his name & I am so honored to have known him. He was my best friend, my confident, my teacher, my mentor, my cigar smoking buddy, and my family. He was there when I got off the school bus in tears because I was failing in school. He wiped away my tears, and taught me how to drive his pickup truck, fish, and hunt. It was an honor and priviledge to have known him and love him.

Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Andrew
I know just what you mean about the strength our grandpa's gave us.I was never a good student infact most every teacher I had said it was a retard( I hate the word but thats what was said to the family)Several years ago I needed my school transcripts what I read on them made me look like I was totaly not a human being ,but something way less in the chain of life.Back then if they had special ed we never knew about it cause the schools I went to didnt have it.I got a fair education inspite of it even went to college.I wish I hadnt had to deal with all I did cause it made me one rebelious pissed off kid that took years to mostly get pass the way I felt.My gramps and uncles gave the the ablity to learn from my mistakes and grow with new knowledge..There are things I wish I hadent done or done sooner but over the years I just had to do what I needed to do to make it in a world that I didnt really fit in.If I have made it to where I am now anyone can.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #24
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

To my uncle and my neighbor Reynaldo for being the dad's in my life...but mostly to my mom and Guelita (grandma) for being both mom and dad...Ilove you all...En paz descanse mi Guelita...la quiero y la extrano mucho...
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #25
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Awww...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Little Shug,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul. The posts you wrote just brought me so much joy within.

I have joy from my own friends, furkids, and family of choice. I follow my faith, and hold on dearly to that. I know how some people are - like my own father. I sent him a card, and called. He refused to talk to me, and my sister told me that he got my card, and just threw it in the trash. He said it meant nothing. I forgive, and will keep trying to be a good son. It is his loss. I know that I have tried.

Love,
Andrew

You're my friend, sugar and you deserve love, acceptance and acknowledgement...so if no one else gives that to you, I do. You did a noble thing trying to honor your dad. It truly is his loss...he has no idea what a great guy you turned out to be...hold your head up. And don't worry about the haters...pray for your enemies and bless those who curse you...God bless you...

Shug
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #26
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

I had gone looking for this thread and couldn't find it on fathers day.I honor my Dad, who is a Artist and a dreamer, with a wicked sense of humor. There is Gypsy blood there somewhere but no one is talking. I also honor my Ex who has loved and helped me raise my grandson for a time. It wasn't easy, and he hung in there with us. He even honestly misses him. I feel that is so special, and it is important to me to hold the beauty of people I love in my heart.

Andrew~ I agree with Sug, there are many here who see the beauty of you, I too am one.

Blessings to all the Daddies here as well......
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

my dad had to work the whole day. my sister and I will celebrate it with him tomorrow. He is a master griller...and has this ridiculous power grill that has a searing grill and panini press. It also has lights for night cooking. So we bought him the smoker that he has been wanting. I also picked up some pecan wood chips for it. I am hoping that I will get a nice strip steak with it. He cooks all summer long...which means I don't have to except at work...and hey I am getting paid for that.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #28
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I honor the four most important men in My life, the ones who have moulded Me into the man that I have become and will be someday as I continue My journey:

1) Dad ~ I know that you and I butt heads all the time, and that we will continue to do so as long as we are both alive, but for all you've done for Me I still love you and am thankful that we were able to be together on Father's Day when others have lost their fathers ........ thank you for being there and for loving Me, in your own way

2) Uncle Steve ~ What can I say? When I was young, you were a constant in My life. Even though your not around as often as you used to be, you were someone who influenced Me throughout My life. It was you who made Me go crazy for Ozzy Osbourne, always begging you to play "Cwazy Twain" because I *LOVED* that song. For being one of My best buds growing up, and for calling Me that nickname that still sticks with Me to this day - *Weezer*. For letting Me always wear your baseball caps, for your sillyness that always put a smile on My face, and even that one halloween that you let Me wear your high school football uniform ......... I love you Uncle, and I am glad that your still here with Me even if I don't get to see you as often as I would like to

3) Gigi (grandfather) ~ I was only 13 years old when we first met, and I only got to know you for six months but the impact you left on Me has lasted a lifetime. You were always there for us, you constantly gave the shirt off of your back in order to help others, and even though you were a quiet man you were there for all of your kids as well as us grandkids. I can't believe that you've been gone for almost 16 years, but I still think about you and love you as much today as I did then

4) Papa (grandfather) ~ This will probably be a longer and more wordier thank you to you Papa, but its because you had the biggest impact on My life. From the day I was born until you passed away in 1998, you helped to raise Me along with mom and Nan. If any man in My life influenced Me as a person it was you ~ from your hard working ethic, to keeping a roof over our heads/food on the table/clothes on our backs and love in our hearts. I remember napping beside you with My socks on, reading the paper with you kneeling at the edge of the bed, watching golf on sunday's munching on green grapes, taking rides with you in the semi when you drove truck within the city, taking trips to various family functions, letting Me wear your big work boots (still have the picture), to being there for Me anytime that I needed you. Its been twelve long years since you passed away, and not a day goes by when I don't wish you (and Nan) were here. Oh I miss you so much Papa, you were like a father to Me for the first 13 yrs of My life and I was lucky enough to know you for the first 18 yrs of My life. I love you ad know that your in heaven watching over Me ~ je t'aime Papa
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:

Tags
dad's, father's day