Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Exclamation Ohh Ohh... Honey do list

Okay...
This thread is a play off of Sachita's; Official Honey Do List.
I guess I should have named it, YFU Butch to do list.
But I think the Ohh ohh will be just fine for my learning experience.

So we all know it's the 3 day weekend.
Well, my Official plans were to relax, go fishing and well, relax.
Little did I know that behind every expectation of relaxing is a expectation of get off your butt and do something around the house!
Well. I was all excited. Told Doll. I AM going fishing this weekend! And she said, well, we don't have much time during the week so this might be a good time to pull the carpet. With a sigh I said, okay. Then she said, lets go to Home Depot and see what kind of paint they have, I stopped, turned around and saw the seriousness in her eyes. So I started up the jeep and off we went... From the paint section, we now ended up in the carpet section, to which ended up in the tile section, to which ended up in the trimming section, to which ended up me wanting a smoke, lol...
Moral to the story?! Don't make plans on a long weekend if it doesn't include fixing something around the house. Never say I AM to your girl/guy. Tread slowly around the word Relax. And never I repeat, Never say Ohh ohh and sigh because the list of Honey Do's will only grow longer!!!
Anyone else have a Ohh ohh moment to share???
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

One of the advantages to being single......long weekend......think I will go to the beach......cat yawns......off I go.....

Grass is looking a little long there too Blaze.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

~grinz~ My Ohh ohh honey do list is turning into a
Procrastination list...
That I know will be short lived!

And I think I will blame it on Kobi... Yep, that's the ticket!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Blaze,

I've noticed since owning my own home, the "to do list" is NEVER ending, IMO you should go fishing and enjoy the weekend, the house will still be there when you get back. lol
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Ya know Guy, You have a point there... But, If you ever get to know Doll one of these days, you will know the look. You know, the one that crawls down your spine, pulls at your big toe and then jets back up and whacks you between the ears!
Fishing was just a sweet memory, lol. At least I pulled the carpet and padding out, dry walled, and toothpaste patched the holes yesterday.(only because I forgot to get spackle) Today. Well today is paint the ceiling day, then the walls, measure the floors.
We will have to stop at Home Depot again, (cringe) and I know this time I can't get away with the $1.87 bill I had yesterday, lol. And I also know that the basket will fill up again because when you find projects to do, well ya gotta do em!
Sooooo today will be another Ohh, ohh moment, I can feel it in the air...
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think there should be a balance. One day of honest to goodness work and one day of play. After that, it's all gravy no matter what you do.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly, I have no 'honey', but I do have a very long list of 'to do's'. I can do some things, but the physical stuff I can't, so I have to pay to get those things done. *sigh* Oh for the days when I had a honey who *wanted* to do these things for me, and may I add, happily.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a honey do list I have a Blade do list. After having tendonitis in my elbow for 18 months then Plantar fascitis in both feet for 2 yrs and then last spring got a partially torn achilles tendon, finally all have healed but that is 4 yrs of light duty around the house. So my Blade do list is long but getting shorter every day. Praise the Lord for finally being totally healthy again.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

My lists change daily, tomorrow is sleep and grill, not much of a hardship.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is what the list boils down to...

When the homeowner doesn't feel like doing something, even though it would benefit her (though me more), I make the call to get the right person here to do the damn thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 AM   #11
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I kind of like the compromise of one day of a weekend for work and one day for play. We do need to remember to take the time to replenish ourselves.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation

Good Goddess, don't let Mr. Strutt see this thread.

It's even worse for hym...since hy works for Home Depot, hys procrastination/excuse list is pretty well non-existent

Pity the poor butch with a job at Home Depot and a creative wife

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

The task is done! Only had to go back to Home Depot 2 more times. To get cable wire, more expensive PVC piping lol, not! Some hooks, a few more brushes. But it's done, and it looks fabulousssssssssssss. And now I cannot complain because Doll got right in there with me and helped pull the carpet, swept, dragged the stinky thing out to the curb. And that evening she grabbed the roller and we conquered the ceiling together, paint marks and spots all over us but no matter, we had fun and got to poke fun at each other because she looked like she was going to play football with the gray paint on her cheek and I looked like 101 Dalmatians with all the ceiling paint on me. Next day we painted the walls and the trims. And today, we did the touch up paint, and layed the floor. Now that's one hell of a girl! And yes, this time I did pay for more items, lmao. Sooooooo that was the 3 day weekend that actually turned out to be a learning experience, and the Doll amazed me! She didn't mind getting dusty, a tad sweaty and paint all over her. Now it's time for a relaxing evening
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Another saga of the Oh Oh Honey do List;
I am sitting here reading various threads. When my wife walks in with her hands on her hips saying. Baaalazzzzzzeee The rug stinks! I washed it and it still stinks. (Putting a little soap and spraying a Afghan rug is not my idea of cleaning it). She leans to the other side of her hip and says. What can I do with it???
Now comes the Oh Oh moment, lol.
This is the huge hint for me to get off my ass and clean the darn rug. So I go outside, access the situation, grab the industrial cleaner, pour it on and begin the task of starting from one end to the other, then criss - cross, flipping the rug over and doing the same on the bottom with a high power water spicket. Then once again flipping it over to start all over again. She come's out and says; Wow, now that smells way better (Clinches teeth, damn puppy poops)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

You're a good man, Charlie Brown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

Another saga of the Oh Oh Honey do List;
I am sitting here reading various threads. When my wife walks in with her hands on her hips saying. Baaalazzzzzzeee The rug stinks! I washed it and it still stinks. (Putting a little soap and spraying a Afghan rug is not my idea of cleaning it). She leans to the other side of her hip and says. What can I do with it???
Now comes the Oh Oh moment, lol.
This is the huge hint for me to get off my ass and clean the darn rug. So I go outside, access the situation, grab the industrial cleaner, pour it on and begin the task of starting from one end to the other, then criss - cross, flipping the rug over and doing the same on the bottom with a high power water spicket. Then once again flipping it over to start all over again. She come's out and says; Wow, now that smells way better (Clinches teeth, damn puppy poops)

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post: