Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I went out on permanent disability five years ago next month. It is supposed to be reviewed every ten years. But there is no chance of it being taken away because of my age which I would have been too close to retire now anyway and there has been no improvement in things either.

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who is looking for work and/or underemployed. I wish you all the very best luck in your job searches!!! My fingers are crossed daily for everyone and everyone in my personal life dealing with these issues.

I believe with all my heart that the economy will get better and the job situation will improve. I also believe the economy will return to a much more level playing field between employer and employee too.

Corporate America (talking about big companies) should be ashamed of themselves for sitting on over 2 trillion dollars they have recovered since the stock market bounced back. 2 trillions dollars; some of this should have been re-invested in their employees instead of hoarding it. Shame on them!!!Hugs to all of you looking to better yourselves!!! I feel for you all having been there myself in the recession of 2001. It is so scarey to look for work and it does reflect on how we feel about ourselves. Good luck!!!!!
Watched "Charlie Rose" last night with the two heads of the financial committe just out with solutions. very interesting- what they had to say about the holding back of this money and how it is essential that these corps get this money flowing! It won't happen unless these tough decisions are made - and it is time politics be put aside in both major parties.

Interesting how both agree that if decisions are not made soon and carried out, the markets will dictate the result.

I'm no economist, but, see reason in what the commission proposes- now, will the games stop? People need to feel some safety in employment.

Some in our community are struggling- evidenced right here. So many talented people with dreams! And others trying to get training and schooling to reach goals. You all are terrific!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job