Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,408 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipes and/or Ideas for Holiday Leftovers

With lots of holidays throughout the year, I thought it would be great to share what we do with our leftovers

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Leftovers are a good thing

My favorite is always Turkey sandwiches, and soup. I like the sandwiches with cranberry sauce and Veginaise. A friend told me yesterday her family makes Turkey Tamales. I think that sounds particularly yummy!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I'll start this off by saying that a lot of the Thanksgiving leftovers can be used the next morning for making an omelette and fried tater patties

I know someone that takes the carcass of the turkey along with leftover veggies and makes soup

My personal favorite is to create a sandwich with the leftovers I like best....in fact cranberries and stuffing are great with the turkey on bread or a roll. I've even been known to toss on a blob of the sweet potatoes. I think sometimes by the time I finish creating my ultimate leftovers sandwich, it's so big I either have to share it or wrap half of it up for later.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
My favorite is always Turkey sandwiches, and soup. I like the sandwiches with cranberry sauce and Veginaise. A friend told me yesterday her family makes Turkey Tamales. I think that sounds particularly yummy!

Turkey Tamales do sound yummy
Now that would be something I'd like to learn how to make

Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation
Default Turkey Mirepoix

I saute onions, celery and carrots in a dutch (traditional stock is the classic mirepoix, namely carrots, celery & onions) oven with a couple tablespoons of veggie oil. I do this till the onions are clear (about 10-15 min). I do not add herbs or spices to my basic stock, I can do that later if I want.

I then add the turkey carcass and fill the pan with cold water. I bring this to a boil, then let it simmer for at least 2 hours, four hours is best. This brings all the flavor out of the roasted turkey carcass. I skim the top throughout the process of the fat.

I remove the carcass, let it cool, skim any fat, strain the liquid through cheesecloth and freeze 2 cups of the liquid in freezer containers. I then have poultry broth for making all kinds of dishes.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna make soup with my turkey carcass and matzo ball for Friday night Shabbat dinner..yum
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post: