Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anybody want to talk about sexual expression (performance?) as we age? Nitty gritty stuff.

This is not a thread about lesbian bed death, though we can talk about that in here, because I think changes in technique may help us "rise from the dead", lol.

What I want to talk about is positions that are easier, devices that may help, how to overcome the bad effects of medication on our libido or performance ability, how we can help our partners, or they can help us achieve whatever goal we desire (orgasm, union, physical closeness, whatever.)

I would like for posters to be as specific as they can comfortably be. If you suggest tantric sex, give us sources or links, or be specific, tell us step by step how you do what you do. Have you figured out a good position that makes penetration easier? - share it with us. Masturbation techniques are good, (please share them with us) but my personal interest is on what will help older couples. (In their "coupling", as it were.) Come on now, don't be embarrassed, we're all grown-ups here.

Also this would be a good place to talk about our feelings about sex as we age. I think a lot of us say, "I have lost interest", when what we really mean is "I'm afraid" - that I'm not attractive anymore, that I won't be able to please my partner, that I'll be in pain for days afterward, that I'll have to quit in the middle of it. Or we may mean, "I'm angry at you, so I don't want to have sex" A lot of things build up in a relationship, things go unsaid, feelings get hurt, and intimacies becomes problematic as a result. Maybe we can help each other get past this.

Those of us who are lucky enough to have lived past our youth are going to be facing some of these issues. Maybe talking about it will help.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Although, I get told I am aging well (whatever that means), the fact is that I have severe polyosteoarthritis along with RA. In some ways, I felt older when first diagnosed in my early 40's. Sure, I remain active, but can't do many physical things I used to do. I'll be 60 in March of 2011 and most of the time age is just a number to me. I was a competitive athlete and these changes were not easy to accept.

My libido certainly can be affected my chronic pain and medications. What I have learned is that I have to just adjust dosages of some medications and use others to help during sex with muscle spasm and pain- kind of tricky!! Also, using mental imagery and just sex-talk can work wonders in kick-starting a higher level of desire. So can sensual massage and tantric methods (especially these breathing techniques for prolonged sexual activity).

Sexually positions have changed for me with age and the arthritis. Won't be flying off ceilings anymore! Yet, sex remains the wonder it always has been for me...... with the right partner. And choosing a partner that understands able-bodied privilege and sex is important for me.

Life changes with age, just a fact and sex changes along with everything else. Reaching the appropriate developmental stages in life to meet these changes emotionally with acceptance, and an ability to explore possibilities (instead of only seeing loss and barriers) and the inner grace to explore my body from different viewpoints, has been key to remaining a healthy sexual being while aging. I don’t gauge sex according to performance criteria of others except for the desires and needs of a partner. We will meet somewhere in the middle!

Oh, I did have a loss of libido during menopause, but it elevated later on... think it was finally being free from the horrible and frequent headaches I had!

Thanks for the thread! I hope there will be lots of discussion from everyone.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone in the mood to talk about this stuff today?

OK, I have one. This is for folks who are used to using a cock in their lovemaking. If your knees, or your partner's knees are bad and that makes penetration with a strap-on cock difficult, try this. Lie side by side, have the cock wielding partner hold the cock in her/his hand and penetrate that way. Though it may require a small mental shift, it can still feel great to both partners. Remember a cock in the hand is better than two sexually unsatisfied partners, LOL.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Starrynightaw

How Do You Identify?:
Femme. Queer. Submissive.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Girl, Honey :)
Relationship Status:
Single!

Location: Southern Alabama, But I can also be found in surrounding areas. (Travel Alot)
Starrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST Reputation

Ill talk about it.
Since I normally date those older than me, I have had to accommodate for their physical limits. When its a bad back issue, I've experienced its easier to be on top myself so the weight can be distributed evenly for them. I prefer the doggy-style type position but if they have bad knees its easier to let them lean over you like in a slanted position, sometimes it gets deeper so it's kinda a win-win for both.

Just some random thoughts.
Starrynightaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starrynightaw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank the Goddesses for people dealing with reality without shame! No way with severe poly-osteoarthritis, RA and fibromyalgia am I going to be able to swing from the rafters as I used to!!

But... ADAPTATION is everything! So is having a partner that isn't stuck on sex as static!

And yanno... there is a lot of sexiness and arousal with all the pre-adjustment/adaptation talk! The human voice is one of the most sensual tools of the trade.

LOL, I remember visiting my Mom at the senior facility she lived in and seeing many smiles and winks among the residents.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't made a graphic post in awhile. So, here it comes.....but don't be surprised by my vanilla

My partner and I always preferred for him to be behind me. Due to his constant knee/leg pain, we now do this with me draped over the best height appropriate piece of furniture. I push back onto him to further help the process.

His sex drive is currently MIA(as is mine due to illness), but I find other ways to satisfy our need for intimacy and skin to skin contact. Even if that means I just squish him with my entire body for our mutual entertainment & giggles/laughter.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Wink

Those who prefer rear entry may be assisted by this pillow.

http://www.therightposition.com/store/product.php?productid=1&cat=1&page=1

Come to think of it, don't know why it wouldn't help in any sexual activity where one partner stands - or anything else you might think of.

Smooches,
Keri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Omg..hear we goooooo,yep this subject is much needed for those who feel a way to injoy sex a diffrent way.Tipin my hat to ya keri..way to go.
What im fixin to say happened to me not onec but a fue times in varying degrees, and has been the royal pan in the ass..really.OK,hear goes.The last time I has sex With anyone ..well this is what happened.We were going 90 when I had a spaz in my lower back wich cramped up my left leg real bad..talking pain hear folks.ANyway I roll to the side of the bed to get in a siting position but was to close to the edge,fell off the bed landing on the floor like a sack of potatos.When I come to my sences I had one pissed off femme giveing me hell for quiting at the worse time.Not a good situation at all,needless to say I dont see this person anymore.NOr am I wanting to have this happen again, so after a time I just quit trying.So now the truth is out for the world to see.When rereading this in hopes I dont have to many typos I had a good laugh about it,really I did,life can be stranger than fiction.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Rockin
That is so funny and so horrible at the same time. I feel for you my friend. But you can't give up. This is what we need this thread for. Femme on top might help if she has no limitations that would make that difficult for her.

Be more specific about what you were "going 90" at and maybe someone will have a workable solution for you.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=iamkeri1;358276]Rockin
That is so funny and so horrible at the same time. I feel for you my friend. But you can't give up. This is what we need this thread for. Femme on top might help if she has no limitations that would make that difficult for her.

Be more specific about what you were "going 90" at and maybe someone will have a workable solution for you.
Smooches,
Keri[/QUOTE

Change "goin 90" to hot and heavy..was more like it.I guarentee if I ever find someone else to have sex with we will have a good talk about this sort of thing.ONe thing that over the years that I find is when you tell someone u r a stone butch they have this notion that its one way only or that im going to freak out if we try something else.My stoness is reflected in that I am not into penetration ...her yes if she wants, me no way.My stoneness has changed over the years,as in life all things change in varying degrees.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
This is not a thread about lesbian bed death, though we can talk about that in here, because I think changes in technique may help us "rise from the dead", lol.

What I want to talk about is positions that are easier, devices that may help, how to overcome the bad effects of medication on our libido or performance ability, how we can help our partners, or they can help us achieve whatever goal we desire (orgasm, union, physical closeness, whatever.)

I would like for posters to be as specific as they can comfortably be. If you suggest tantric sex, give us sources or links, or be specific, tell us step by step how you do what you do. Have you figured out a good position that makes penetration easier? - share it with us. Masturbation techniques are good, (please share them with us) but my personal interest is on what will help older couples. (In their "coupling", as it were.) Come on now, don't be embarrassed, we're all grown-ups here.

Also this would be a good place to talk about our feelings about sex as we age. I think a lot of us say, "I have lost interest", when what we really mean is "I'm afraid" - that I'm not attractive anymore, that I won't be able to please my partner, that I'll be in pain for days afterward, that I'll have to quit in the middle of it. Or we may mean, "I'm angry at you, so I don't want to have sex" A lot of things build up in a relationship, things go unsaid, feelings get hurt, and intimacies becomes problematic as a result. Maybe we can help each other get past this.

Those of us who are lucky enough to have lived past our youth are going to be facing some of these issues. Maybe talking about it will help.

Smooches,
Keri

Gettin' down to the nitty gritty.....love it.

Communication is the key. Honest and open communication. If your partner is understanding and willing to work and explore with you then things should work out.

Performance can be tweaked and adjusted to overcome almost any physical barriers.

Last edited by kannon; 06-13-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: adding some thoughts.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
Starrynightaw

How Do You Identify?:
Femme. Queer. Submissive.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Girl, Honey :)
Relationship Status:
Single!

Location: Southern Alabama, But I can also be found in surrounding areas. (Travel Alot)
Starrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Omg..hear we goooooo,yep this subject is much needed for those who feel a way to injoy sex a diffrent way.Tipin my hat to ya keri..way to go.
What im fixin to say happened to me not onec but a fue times in varying degrees, and has been the royal pan in the ass..really.OK,hear goes.The last time I has sex With anyone ..well this is what happened.We were going 90 when I had a spaz in my lower back wich cramped up my left leg real bad..talking pain hear folks.ANyway I roll to the side of the bed to get in a siting position but was to close to the edge,fell off the bed landing on the floor like a sack of potatos.When I come to my sences I had one pissed off femme giveing me hell for quiting at the worse time.Not a good situation at all,needless to say I dont see this person anymore.NOr am I wanting to have this happen again, so after a time I just quit trying.So now the truth is out for the world to see.When rereading this in hopes I dont have to many typos I had a good laugh about it,really I did,life can be stranger than fiction.
Thats amazingly funny and sad all at the same time. Im sorry to hear things have gotten like that.
Starrynightaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starrynightaw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

One thing I really beleave in is foreplay,its not a quick stop but a destanation thats not in a hurry,lots of people have forgoten that sex is suposed to be enjoyed,not rushed,we muxt have some humor included when its needed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #14
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I've quite often dated partners older than Me, and we've had to accommodate some physical problems but in the end it all worked out. Rockin I'm really sorry that happened to you, I guess I would just think if your in pain that the femme would understand and be more concerned about how your doing and not whether or not you can finish what you began. Foreplay most certainly comes first but I think that no matter the age or physical condition one partner may be dealing with, experimentation and a great imagination will definately help when coming up with new ways to have fun :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I was on anti-depressants for about 5 years in my 20's. I actually had to change my meds every year in order to not lose my orgasm! The best thing I found to keep my libido going was to just do it! Once I started it was fine, it was just the maintaining interest that could be problematic. I also found porn that I could read on my own, that kept me interested.

I've also road-tested a Kegel and would recommend it to anyone. I haven't had kids yet but this Kegel was worth it's weight in gold. I raved about it so much that my Sister-in-law went out and bought one.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Quintease,
Can you provide a link for the Kegel?
Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hellooooo,how is everyone today???Just thought I would check this out hear,will post more later.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #18
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Thinking about the use and role of things like musle relaxants as proprophylactic agents for chronic pain folks. I get really tired of purist outrage against this. If something enables me to enjoy sex more and be more agile physically during sex- keep your purist pronunciations to yourself! BTW, other non-pharma methods can be utilized- accupresure is one that ought to find it's way along with self-hypnosis to the bedroom. Again, an altered-state is not always negative dirung sex!!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Thinking about the use and role of things like musle relaxants as proprophylactic agents for chronic pain folks. I get really tired of purist outrage against this. If something enables me to enjoy sex more and be more agile physically during sex- keep your purist pronunciations to yourself! BTW, other non-pharma methods can be utilized- accupresure is one that ought to find it's way along with self-hypnosis to the bedroom. Again, an altered-state is not always negative dirung sex!!
The only thing I recommend from muscle relaxant use for sex is to have some safeties in place. I overdid more then once and only felt it the next day. And I am not talking nice afterglow aches but oh my god what bus hit me agony.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #20
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Quintease,
Can you provide a link for the Kegel?
Smooches,
Keri
Oh god, mine was a Kegel 8, so they're not cheap. I swear they work though, provided you're prepared to use them every day for at least 3 months. My sister-in-law managed and she has two kids, a business and she's not the most organised person in the world..

There are much cheaper manual ones, but I was always too lazy to use them.