Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #61
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

:| No Maddow tonite. Chris Hayes is sitting in. Argh.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #62
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My pesky concern about Maddow and her cocktail moments was fueled recently when I heard/saw that her office team got her a custom-made bar for her office as a birthday gift.

I know alcohol is legal and can be used responsibly yadda yadda, but it is also addictive.

Be careful kiddo!
I wish I knew why this post bugs the shit out of me. It seems, I dunno, condescending, wagging a finger in her face, somehow some kind of 12 step guilt/shame/denial meme.....

it's the idea that a stranger would suggest that a grown woman should be careful of her behavior...as if it's any of your business and it assumes she is not aware of the fact that a very small number of people have issues with their brain chemistry and alcohol.

(Hunter this is not personal towards you at all......so don't take it personal....I took your name off the quote hoping you would understand it's not about you at all....)
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #63
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Almost Maddow time!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #64
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Hah! Maddow: "Big dumb caterpillar girl-brain..."

Last edited by Reader; 05-08-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: RNC equates women with caterpillars
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #65
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

She's kicking ass tonight. And Barnie Frank is about to come on.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #66
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Maddow is talking all about how the Repubs are putting out all sorts of anti-gay legislation in response to what Bam said yesterday...
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #67
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

So ready to see Mondays show about the Ryan VP selection.

Thank you Hunter for the heads up that she is on tomorrow morning at 9 on Meet the Press.

Last edited by spritzerJ; 08-11-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: detail
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
So ready to see Mondays show about the Ryan VP selection.

Thank you Hunter for the heads up that she is on tomorrow morning at 9 on Meet the Press.

Did you hear that MS and NBC broke up? No longer married, unhitched, I guess. I wonder what's gonna happen with her network? It is HERS since she does have the number one rated show. Now msnbc.com is nbcnews.com.

I super enjoy watching the show with the folks on Twitter, btw. It's way fun.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
Did you hear that MS and NBC broke up? No longer married, unhitched, I guess. I wonder what's gonna happen with her network? It is HERS since she does have the number one rated show. Now msnbc.com is nbcnews.com.

I super enjoy watching the show with the folks on Twitter, btw. It's way fun.
You can watch with people from twitter? ohh I bet that is wonderful.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #70
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
You can watch with people from twitter? ohh I bet that is wonderful.
Yeah, do you have a twitter account?

If so, all you do is search on "#maddow" <----- without the quote marks, when the show is on. Then you will see what the snarky tweeps, mostly fans, are saying about the lameass guests she is politely ripping apart.

Or if she shouts out "Refreshingly fact-free!" or something, everyone starts tweeting stuff like #maddowswag or "my next bumper sticker" and stuff. The fan jokes are great, you can imagine. It's a blast.

Also, her show tweets stuff to the fans during the show, links and stuff, and you do it all on your PC if you want to. I don't have a smart phone. As a matter of fact my phone (my NEW phone, mind you) is exceedingly dumb, and I love using twitter, so I do it on my PC while watching tv, mostly for #Maddow and #Yankees.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #71
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

You just missed Maddow doing the Freak on her show.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #72
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

It's Maddow time.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #73
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Why I don't date

I've come to a conclusion for why I don't date. It's because Rachel Maddow is taken, and no one else comes close to holding a candle to her (in my eyes).

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #74
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I was reading some comments after an article on another site and came across this gif and had to share here!

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #75
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Default My favourite Maddow animated GIF

It makes me swoon just thinking about it.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #76
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

Rachel Maddow breaking down what happened in Lybia. I so appreciate her refreshing perspective.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...12565#49012589
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #77
bcelly1894
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
sb
Relationship Status:
Single

bcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputationbcelly1894 Has the BEST Reputation

Ive only seen Rachel Maddow in passing on cable. But saw her interview on The Wendy Williams Show(I like the glits and glamour). Rachel seems like a sweatheart. I do plan on reading her book (Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power) though when I get a chance to buy it.
bcelly1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcelly1894 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #78
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

OK, those were the weirdest damn shoes she had on today, at least from what I could tell on my computer screen.

Here she is talking all seriously about Romney's position on abortion, and I can't stop trying to figure out those sneakers.

Also, word lovers, did you notice that etch a sketch is now a verb?

She said something like, Can the Obama campaign "not let him etch a sketch on this?"
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #79
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I freaking love her. And, actually her making cocktails on her show does not make her any less intelligent or a damn wonderful anchor. And I love her take on all of the world issues and national issues. I also like how she is as a guest on other shows, she seems like such a sweet person. And I love her brains, I have to say it. For so many reasons, I'm glad for Rachel Maddow.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #80
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: