moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a snooty college professor. In Mathematics.
I don't have the patience to teach.
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moxie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Pro tennis player... and then an opera singer... not as good as one needs to be for either, and a skiing accident hurt my back at age 16 along with a genetic spinal problem, so.... I ended up a shrink and professor.

Frankly, being a gardener would have been best... would have been much happier working outside and being able to see my efforts right off, but again, probably physical issues would have blown that...

Hooray for raised gaeren beds!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #23
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wanted to please my family so I thought setting myself on the fastrack to become a Science teacher and with an interest in Phys Ed Admin would be good...and then everything went sideways. ..thank gawd.

So then I thought being a smoke jumper would be a totally awesome and a really studly thing to do....never happened...thank gawd.

So then I figured a Forest Ranger would be cool, kinda hippyish, and a real granola thing to do (am I dating myself?) . I could sit in a fire lookout, watch the smokejumpers and write really bad poetry
...never happened...yep, thank gawd !

Everything works out as its supposed to. I've been in my field for 26 years and couldnt imagine doing anything else !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #24
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I always wanted to be a Veterinarian or Doctor. I became a nurse and realized that I loved being a nurse. Ironically, I am not in nursing and instead do IT. I still would like to be a Vet.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #25
AshenLady

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Happy

AshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the roughAshenLady is a jewel in the rough

Rock star

AshenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AshenLady For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #26
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I wanted to become a career officer in the U.S. Navy, specifically, a naval aviator.

It was, to me, a cross between having a life both on board a ship and being able to fly. Both have always been dreams of mine. Well, those and a military life.

~Theo~
I wanted to be an actress or comedian. I think because of my dysfunctional childhood I was very good at becoming someone else. I was quite good at entertaining my parents.
It helped to relieve the stress levels. I thought I would like to be recognized by lots of people. I love horses though I have never owned one. I wanted to have a huge horse ranch. I would like to be a writer if I can just dictate my words.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #27
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
I wanted to be an actress or comedian. I think because of my dysfunctional childhood I was very good at becoming someone else. I was quite good at entertaining my parents.
It helped to relieve the stress levels. I thought I would like to be recognized by lots of people. I love horses though I have never owned one. I wanted to have a huge horse ranch. I would like to be a writer if I can just dictate my words.

i wanted to be a stripper *honestly* or a truck driver!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Where to start, where to start, as a young child, I wanted to be a singer playing drums in a rock and roll band. Then I decided I wanted to be a gym teacher because it was the only class I really liked to show up for. Then at 17 I decided I was grown up enough and left my mom's house for marriage, my way out.....mistake. So, in reality, I never really knew what I wanted to do when I grew up. Not knowing or not having direction is not a good thing when entering adulthood. I suppose if I had more adult support as a kid, it may have been different.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #29
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

when I was in 7th grade I read the book The Happy Hooker and decided I wanted to be a prostitute. My mother, however, explained to me, the very cloistered farm girl, that that wasnt exactly a noble profession for a catholic girl...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #30
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yikes, it just dawned on me what a weird image of my being an operatic Diva is!! OMG!! The costumes, pushed-up cleavage, make-up.... Isshhhh..Would have been much better to aspire to this in another century when female opera singers did trouser roles ...

Last edited by AtLast; 04-05-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: goofed
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #31
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
when I was in 7th grade I read the book The Happy Hooker and decided I wanted to be a prostitute. My mother, however, explained to me, the very cloistered farm girl, that that wasnt exactly a noble profession for a catholic girl...
OMG I read that book in 7th grade too! But I doubt my parents knew I borrowed it, along with a few of their other "books".

I wanted to be God or the leader of an alien space force when I grew up

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #32
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

From the time I was able to be aware until I was around 10 I wanted to be a large animal vet alah James Harriott.
From my tender nerdy 4th grade self until I was in my freshman year of college I wanted to be a genetic engineer. Where I grew up there were fields with metal signs on them that had a last name and a number, they were fields named by the engineer of the crop. I wanted to name a species of corn or soybean or hay. I was especially desirous of creating a type of hay with enhanced nutritional value but reduced propensity to cause founder in horses.

For awhile (8-23) I thought I would end up training horses and or coaching riders as that was always my side job to make money. I did it long enough for somebody else to realize that there was no money in it, so now I am in education bwahahahahahahahaha

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #33
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

trapeze artist
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #34
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

According to my mother I used to tell people I was going to be a flowerchild when I grew up.

As I got older I wanted to be a vet.

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButchBowWow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #35
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchBowWow View Post
According to my mother I used to tell people I was going to be a flowerchild when I grew up.

As I got older I wanted to be a vet.
KEWL.. a flowerchild! Those were the days!! ROTFL!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #36
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I remember very young deciding that when I grew up, I was going to buy a farm and have all the stray cats and dogs come live with me.

Next, I wanted to be a stewardess. I had a Barbie with a stewardess outfit and accessories and it really was all about the little bag she carried and the hat she wore that sealed the deal. Then....

I was going to be a hand model. (I would practice all my hand "poses" for hours in the mirror)

But then, when I saw the movie Grease, I was going to be Sandy. (Really just the Sandy at the carnival...those hot pants, heels and hair....wow)

Only after I came to terms with the fact I can't sing and don't look like Olivia Newton John, I started thinking more along the lines of psychologist, lawyer, editor, FBI profiler...
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #37
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quoted in the sixth grade as saying "A singer or a secretary." Heh. Oddly enough, today, I do both.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #38
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

As a kid, I wanted to be an attorney or in the military (Coast Guard preferably). At one point in my life, I ended up working for a law firm that facilitated Coast Guard regulations and decided I was glad I didn't actually become a lawyer. (Let's not discuss ethics, m'kay?)

There are times I wish I went into the USCG though - I'd be retired by now

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #39
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a classical pianist, but after already having years of piano in my life I wasn't having much fun. So I decided I should be a painterbecause oils always made me a happy girl. As a Professional Makeup Artist I stuck with the plan, just chose a different canvas.

Duchess
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #40
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a pilot and an astronaut and held on to those until my sophmore year of college when I decided that aerospace engineering really wasn't for me.
I got duped into taking a journalism weed-out course because I was sure I could then take a photography class next (hah!). The rest is history.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Write14u For This Useful Post: