Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default "SlutWalks" international protest movement

The creation of Slutwalks came about after a Toronto police officer told a group
of university students that women should avoid dressing like "sluts" to
avoid being raped.

Advocates in Toronto held a “SlutWalk” to protest the officer’s remarks and to highlight
what they saw as problems in blaming sexual assault victims. Since then, SlutWalks, organized mainly through social media,
have been held in Dallas, Asheville, N.C., and Ottawa, Ontario. Organizers say the events also were held to bring
attention to “slut-shaming,” or shaming women for being sexual, and the treatment of sexual assault victims.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/0...lutwalk-march/

Following Boston, SlutWalk marches are planned in cities including Seattle; New York; Chicago; Philadelphia; Reno, Nev.; and Austin, Texas.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The creation of Slutwalks came about after a Toronto police officer told a group
of university students that women should avoid dressing like "sluts" to
avoid being raped.

Advocates in Toronto held a “SlutWalk” to protest the officer’s remarks and to highlight
what they saw as problems in blaming sexual assault victims. Since then, SlutWalks, organized mainly through social media,
have been held in Dallas, Asheville, N.C., and Ottawa, Ontario. Organizers say the events also were held to bring
attention to “slut-shaming,” or shaming women for being sexual, and the treatment of sexual assault victims.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/0...lutwalk-march/

Following Boston, SlutWalk marches are planned in cities including Seattle; New York; Chicago; Philadelphia; Reno, Nev.; and Austin, Texas.

Wow. I'm from the Asheville area but this is the first I've heard of this. Shows how often I get out and about.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

The infamous 'Slut Night' (held during the dash site Bash) originally started with ButchFemme Socials of SF and Oakland. It was named by femmes who attended our Socials. The reason it was started and so named was because a bartender at the White Horse (fondly called 'The Ho' by locals) thought one of the femmes was dressed inappropriately and told her she was dressed like a slut and she needed to put on her coat.........He was damn lucky he lived through the night because he hurt her feelings and made her bottom lip quiver and tears came to her eyes. He was appropriately verbally chastized by me with backup from the other butches and femmes. The femmes told him if he thought Stacey was inappropriately dressed, just wait till the next Social and he would actually see what slutty really looked like...........the next Social was Slut Night and our own femme sluts did us all proud. That bartender was never behind the bar again when we had our Socials.

There is a long history in all patriarchial communities of shaming and blaming women for owning their body and sexuality. Marriage and monogamy are also ways to control a woman and her body/sexuality. The patriarchy is loaded with this kind of thinking.

A big shout out to the organizers of this 'Slut Walk'. Kobi thanks for posting this...........I never heard of it before.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

There's one happening in my area this summer and the first I heard about it was on the radio a couple of days ago. The news channel I listen to during the day was doing an interview with a TV reporter who's been following the project since almost the beginning. The part that made me go was when the radio commentator started the conversation with, "Well, let me start by saying that I imagine this is one parade that most men will be lining up to watch."
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I googled this, but can't find any information on the one in Philadelphia, nor could I find a site for the organization. I figure I will just keep trying periodically.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I googled this, but can't find any information on the one in Philadelphia, nor could I find a site for the organization. I figure I will just keep trying periodically.

There's a facebook page -- http://www.facebook.com/slutwalkphiladelphia
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Women can avoid rape by monitoring how they dress, where they go, what they say.... same old goddam tired sexist victim-blaming message. Teach girls how not to be raped, rather than teach boys not to rape. Slutwalk -- the new version of "Take back the Night." It's good, but how I wish it were no longer necessary.

Heart
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Great! Thank you Martina!

I don't have a facebook page, but I see that this opened for me and now I have the date.

June 18, 2011 2pm.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Slutwalk London http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197363420301422
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Slutwalk Melbourne http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118591688223364
Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
Silverseastar

How Do You Identify?:
femme, submissive, girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Singular

Silverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST Reputation

Here in Vancouver BC we also have one:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103973876354281

a male friend had posted it on his FB page and another man actually got on the "you should dress appropriately to avoid violence" band wagon. Needless to say he got an earful from me and others. Very disturbing that these ideas still exist so strongly.

In happier news, the campus of the university I work at has a campaign for sexy consent including t-shirts, boxers, and underwear in black with white writing that says "got consent?". That is an awesome way to work on reconditioning the way people are thinking.

Silverseastar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverseastar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Upcoming and pending Slutwalks

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverseastar View Post
In happier news, the campus of the university I work at has a campaign for sexy consent including t-shirts, boxers, and underwear in black with white writing that says "got consent?". That is an awesome way to work on reconditioning the way people are thinking.

I LOVE this!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote