Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #301
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRider_Dillon View Post
My favorite artist is the Swede Carl Larsson (May 28, 1853 – January 22, 1919).I am always fascinated with his work because he painted so many pictures of his wife and children.His obvious love of "familijen or The Family" is evident and well respected by myself because that is how marriage should be.The devotion and love of his family radiates in all he has produced.

As a cowboy I am not very cultured but I love nature and animals and see art in almost everything e.g.,an old pair of cowboy boots,the bull elk I was fortunate enough to see in the woods near my farm (he was within 5 yards of me)and my Holstein bull who has perfect confirmation.

When my bull Thor urinates and then steps back and curls his lips back and uses his Jacobson gland (that all bovines have on the roof of their mouths)to taste his testosterone level,it is almost the most beautiful art work I have ever witnessed.
Dillon

p.s.I also love the Haka dance that the New Zealand all blacks perform before every Rugby match.Pure art...
I really like Carl Larsson's work as well, but not so much for his family portraits as well as portraits of every day life, but for his paintings related to Norse mythology and the Germanic Heathen past. One of his painting's I've long been a fan of is his rendition of a Yule celebration/sacrifice (Midvinterblót) at the temple in Uppsala.

There is also one representing Þrymsviða where Thor and Loki are dressed in women's clothing in order to retrieve Thor's hammer from Þrym.

Some other favourites (not Larsson, obviously):

One of my favourite statues called The Dying Gaul

And:

Have to agree with you on the All Blacks' Haka, as well. For those who aren't rugby fans, the New Zealand All Blacks perform a traditional Maori war dance (the Haka) before every match.

P.S. Kudos for naming your bull Thor
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #302
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post

Have to agree with you on the All Blacks' Haka, as well. For those who aren't rugby fans, the New Zealand All Blacks perform a traditional Maori war dance (the Haka) before every match.

I played rugby for a team years ago and we had a Maori coach. He taught us the Haka and we did it before every game. Performing the haka is truly an amazing thing to experience. You feel the energy. It was a ritual that put us in that primal headspace and helped focus and deliver intensity on the field. I loved it. Thanks for sharing the AB video.
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #303
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I love Tribal art, Growing up in Hawaii I got the chance to see on a daily basis the beauty and strength that lies in tribal culture from the Hula to petroglyphs on still eurupting volcanos like Kilauea....the Haka and the tradition of the dance is phenomenal and powerful...I would love to experience it firsthand someday.
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #304
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Old 09-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #305
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #306
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is by my dear friend Jess Jones in Portland, OR and she is an amazing emerging artist. I am blessed to own this piece called "Pyre", based on the Hafiz poem below....I hope you enjoy! Can anyone help me get this pic posted on here? Not sure if this will work...sigh...suggestions? Thanks!

Love is
The funeral pyre
Where I have laid my living body.

All the false notions of myself
That once caused fear, pain,

Have turned to ash
As I neared God.

What has risen
From the tangled web of thought and sinew

Now shines with jubilation
Through the eyes of angels

And screams from the guts of
Infinite existence
Itself.

Love is the funeral pyre
Where the heart must lay
Its body.

[IMG]http://file:///C:/Users/computer/Pictures/2010-09-19/001.JPG
Bootsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #307
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

just spent a week in Paris museum crawling...made many discoveries that i will share over the coming daysm starting with Kupka..

Old 09-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #308
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

i'm a huge experiential art and sculpture fan

Olafur Eliasson

Probably most famous in the States for his recent 'Waterfalls' in New York....
but he's been incredibly prolific in the past decade - having major exhibitions at Tate Modern, SF MoMA, The Venice Biennalle, The Serpentine Gallery, MoMA etc.

This was one of my favourites
'The Weather Project' at the Tate Modern in London

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...w=1020&bih=542

http://www.olafureliasson.net/works/...r_project.html
Old 09-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #309
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gustav Klimt

Gustav Klimt.

His paintings elicit a feeling of rich, ethereal sensuality. Dreamy if you will.

For your viewing pleasure.

Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #310
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post

Olafur Eliasson

I saw the Waterfalls exhibit via the S.S. Manhattan yacht. Very cool exhibit and sailing around Manhattan is always a great way to spend an afternoon.

Did you come here to see it?
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #311
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Joan Miro ::: Cat Encircled by the Flight of a Bird

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #312
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #313
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cuno Amiet

Old 09-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #314
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
LOVE MIRO! and he grabs at my heart for how he painted from hunger hallucinations. Most people would think that is a good enough excuse NOT to paint

Quote:
Hopper FTeternalW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post

Olafur Eliasson

but he's been incredibly prolific in the past decade - having major exhibitions at Tate Modern, SF MoMA, The Venice Biennalle, The Serpentine Gallery, MoMA etc.
OH! Speaking of "sculpture in the expanded field"
i saw this on Thursday!

http://www.videoartworld.com/beta/video_66.html
Old 09-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #315
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Judith Grassi

The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #316
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
mmm. sumptuous. velvety.
mmm
Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #317
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Default Nymph with a Scorpion - Lorenzo Bartolini

Nymph with a Scorpion - Lorenzo Bartolini

this piece was just breathtaking in person, and i love the bemused serenity in her face, despite having just been stung!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #318
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Georgia O'Keeffe :: 1926 New York Street No. 1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #319
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
the New York series are my fave o'keefes!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #320
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Default Sylvie Fleury!

i saw this piece at the Centre Pompidou on Thursday and i thought it was cool enough to photograph it, but now that i am googling her i see that this is not even the tip of one crystal on the tip of her iceberg! OMG