Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mercury's In Retrograde (again) ...

Did you awaken to a wonky world?

Are your words garbled as you try to speak?

Do people look at you as if you have three heads when you try to convey information, emotion or simple thoughts?

Is there an intense urge to beat your head against a hard wall?

Have all electronic devices turned against you (ala the "Why Don't You Get Out Of Here Finchley" episode of The Twilight Zone?)

Does communication of all types elude you?

Well, you're not alone. It seems that our favorite planet, Mercury, has gone and lost itself in retrograde once again.

Here's a spot where you should feel free to communicate (if you can call it that) any and all mishaps, disasters and feelings during this ever so trying (read: hellish) time.

But don't fret my lovelies, it won't last forever. I promise!!

Below is a bit about Mercury when it's retrograde

At 04:06 UT (Universal Time) Sunday, April 18th, 2010, Mercury the wise communicator—and universal trickster—turns retrograde at 12°37' Taurus, in the sign of the Bull, sending communications, travel, appointments, mail and the www into a general snarlup! The retro period begins some days before the actual turning point (as Mercury slows) and lasts for three weeks or so, until May 11, 2010, when the Winged Messenger reaches his direct station. At this time he halts and begins his return to direct motion through the zodiac.

Everything finally straightens out on May 28, as he passes the point where he first turned retrograde. Mercury normally turns retrograde three times a year, but this year he turns tail four times, which is unusual. The effects of each period differ, according to the sign in which it happens (see box for Retrograde Periods in 2010).

A planet is described as retrograde when it appears to be moving backwards through the zodiac. According to modern science, this traditional concept arises in the illusory planetary motion created by the orbital rotation of the earth with relation to other planets in our solar system. It's a bit like travelling on the road watching another car beside you: when the other car slows down, or you speed up, it looks as though the other car is moving backwards. Planets are never actually retrograde or stationary, they just seem that way due to this cosmic shadow-play

Let the outpouring of frustration begin!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds more like being abducted by
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
That sounds more like being abducted by
Ah, but it's quite how it feels, no? *blink*
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Oh and I have the perfect example of a wonky world:

My best friend just called ME for technical advice. No joke. Me.

*shaking head in shock*

And so it begins.

May the force be with you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Oh man!!!!

Thanks for the warning!

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Okay then! Let's close the forum until it's out. All in favor?

I fear that should you do this, June, that you will be haunted by technical issues for the next three weeks or so. Do you really want to bring this upon yourself? Really?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I read about it online this morning and I wanted to crawl back in bed and stay there until it was over......but I can't, who would cook, clean, do laundry, wash dishes and keep up after the cats and the other adult in the house.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I concur.

Ms. E, thanks for starting this thread for me. As you know, Mercury being retrograde always kicks me in the ass.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Oy...that explains it.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
Did you awaken to a wonky world?

Are your words garbled as you try to speak? Not yet, but give it time.

Do people look at you as if you have three heads when you try to convey information, emotion or simple thoughts? That's not new.

Is there an intense urge to beat your head against a hard wall? Once again, not new.

Have all electronic devices turned against you (ala the "Why Don't You Get Out Of Here Finchley" episode of The Twilight Zone?)

Not exactly, but YES. My purposely non-verbal cell (One of my coworker's has hers set so it says out loud who is calling and leaves it on during her shift. It annoys me, guests and did I mention, me? So, I made sure that I don't even HAVE that option on my cell and yet....) it talked to me yesterday. Color me freaked out.

Does communication of all types elude you? No, just the one I'm trying to use at that moment.

Let the outpouring of frustration begin!
*dump*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
*dump*
Ha Ha Ha!

It seems that Mercury is going to be just like any other day then, eh?

; )
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
I concur.

Ms. E, thanks for starting this thread for me. As you know, Mercury being retrograde always kicks me in the ass.

Nope. No shutting down of the thread. We won't let Mercury beat us down into submission. Just say NO!

: )
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

That. Explains. The. Whole. Day.

sigh - I suppose I should go count the cash in the "bail money" coffee can.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'm pulling a fecking teflon tent over my whole house.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #15
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

bring it.....
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I just knew something was outta whack when I got up this mornig~~~I need to so life will be somewhat normal.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
Ha Ha Ha!

It seems that Mercury is going to be just like any other day then, eh?

; )
Yep, just days and days of them in row and over and over again....kinda like Groundhog Day but without the fun parts.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yep, just days and days of them in row and over and over again....kinda like Groundhog Day but without the fun parts.

Then Mercury in retrgrade might possibly hold something a bit different and more exciting, no?

By the way, my (so called) smart phone speaks to me too. Usually in the middle of the night, causing me to shriek in fear. Niiiiiiiice.

Not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

True story:

Two years ago, while sitting at home with my son, my Internet died, my cell phone died, because of the Internet my Voip phone died, and then my home phone died (regular land line). All this happened in a matter of minutes. After a moment of thought, I turned around and told my son, I bet I am retrograde!

Sure enough, I was! He has been a believer ever since.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
bring it.....
Edgeplayer.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote