Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Arkansas Forums

Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #21
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5041 View Post
Hey ALL!!!

I am trying to get a group of us together to go and see Wicked in November. Anyone interested let me know. I am personally going down to the ticket office the day they go on sale to try to get us some great seats!!! The tickets are a bit expensive. They are $85 for the best seats, but we can sit where the majority can afford to go. Tickets go on sale September 17th so get at me if you want to go!!!

Jules
Hi Wicked goers,
I was Talking with a friend who wants to see Wicked, I made some seating suggestions to her that might be helpful to you, too.

When I saw Wicked, I was 5th row center. I thought they were the best seats in the theater. AT THAT time. Then I worked Wicked. At a few dress rehearsals, I wondered out into the audience to watch the scene they were rehearsing. There were times I thought "wow! I didn't see that." Then I realized, I didn't see it because I was too close to the stage. I would suggest not sitting any closer than the 20th row. Here's why:
1. Some of the special effects take place at the actors waist or below. It's a "deep" stage and if you are too close, you may miss some of the effects on the up stage side.
2. They add large set pieces to the face of the proscenium. (the portal that divides the audience from the stage. If you go to the web site, you will see.) If you are too close and to the side, it will add some obstacle to your site line of the stage.
3. If you have any sensitivity to smoke or things in the air, 20 rows back would be in your favor. They use a LOT of "fog" in that show. When the hazers are full and maintained, the fog has a way of rolling off the front edge of the stage. It looks cool, and where hazer fog has no smell, it has a "taste" that will stick with you for a bit. (I feel sorry for the orchestra, they get buried in the fog several times)

No matter where you sit, you will be amazed. Just hoping to make your experience that much better. Jules5041, I'm going to PM you with what might add to the fun of this outing.

Have a good show.
Ryan

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

My sister and niece will be the Saturday 11/9 performance at 8pm. I'm trying to see if I can swap days off and go as well. Look out Little Rock. Teh Arwen might be in town for a brief period. Can you handle it?

Last edited by Arwen; 09-17-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: I can't tell time, directions OR dates. LOL
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #23
las68

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
single

las68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputationlas68 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking woohoo!

I'll be going to see Wicked on Nov 14th. I'm sooo excited!!
las68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sooo Wicked!!!

Okay Im soo braggin' for my Birthday my "new" friend bought me a ticket to see the show! Im going 2Morrow. Skipping work and going!
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #25
Spoon

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie Geek. Sofa King Queer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Searching.

Spoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST ReputationSpoon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going on 12/11. I'm super excited!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by las68 View Post
I'll be going to see Wicked on Nov 14th. I'm sooo excited!!
Are you going to the 2pm show? We are! It will be a group of us: Me, JAckhammer, Niceguy, Pixie, TCountry. Wanna meet for lunch beforehand?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #27
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wicked

Saw it today and let me tell u; it was wicked!!!! Loved it!!!
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote