Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Why did Facebook crush myspace? Is Facebook that much better?
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #22
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I am really isolated from community where I live. Facebook is one way I can stay in touch with people when the phone doesn't always work. I have 2 close friends who just don't like talking on the phone. I was keeping tabs on my kid until she kicked me off her FB last week. But yeah, I would miss it. I wish they wouldn't sell personal info but what can you do? Just be careful what you post about yourself. Good thing I am out and don't give a fuck what people think of me.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #23
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Knowing what I know about this group, and some other stuff and who they are involved with, etc. Facebook will most likely be down for a day or two if they follow through, and I am sure they will because they have yet to not follow through.

Will they destroy the data? Probably not. Every good company, or just company in general of their size has a data backup that is not accessible via the internet but stored in a secure location. So after a brief service interrupt Facebook will be back up.

As for the group themselves, who are they to decide what is and is not okay? Sure, they are clearly intelligent in a certain aspect with what they have the ability to do, its just a shame that it is wasted intelligence. I'm not impressed with their destructive behavior, hurting innocent people by leaking private information, etc.

They go on and on about how Facebook has all this information about us. Your right, Facebook does, and we chose to put it there. Nobody forced us to put that information on that website, we chose to do it. I am a firm believer of if you don't want someone knowing about it, you probably shouldn't put it on the internet.

Even Anon will eventually die out. Notice how LuLzSec has decided to step out of the scene, Anon will eventually as well.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
Daktari

http://www.businessinsider.com/anony...acebook-2011-8

Curiouser and curiouser. I can't wait to see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook