Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default Meditation/Self-Hypnosis/Trance

Anybody into this stuff besides me?

I have been doing a lot of guided meditation and trance-work this last year, and I love it. I went through a phase a few months back now where I honestly think I meditated too much - reality began feeling very thin.

Still, I think it's made a huge difference in my life, and I'm curious if anybody else here is a regular meditator?

I love this Loving Kindness meditation. I did this one a lot during my last break-up, and I found it hugely comforting. I think Loving Kindness practice is a good regular practice to get into, though I find myself gravitating mostly toward other meditations these days.

I used to do kinda basic Yoga meditations - breath, chakras, just concentrating on relaxing each body part. I really enjoy guided meditations much more. I will most likely one day start writing them and making recordings for myself. I love the feeling of being in a meditative state.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

any thoughts on TM?

i've been interested in it for years and ez thinks that it's a cult (plus it costs 1500 dollars) but i'm not looking to levitate, just to *meditate*
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I was curious about TM after hearing an interview with David Lynch where he has some really excellent things to say about his experience with it. But he also has money to blow.

I'd go the cheapy way and find a mantra online. I think you might even be able to find old TM mantras from the sinners who tell.

I played around a bit with mantra meditation using mantras I found online, but not enough to give you a really good opinion on them. I felt like I had a really positive experience once - I think it was with 'Om Mani Padme Hum' (translation: 'Hail the jewel in the lotus')

Even the "Ohmmmm" meditation is supposed to do good things for you. It's supposed to kinda send a certain vibration through you.

I guess the main reason I don't tend toward the mantra meditations is because it requires a degree of aloneness I rarely achieve. Silent meditation is more accessible to me.

I remember when I googled before, I did find some sites claiming to be providing older TM mantras. I tend to think mantras shouldn't be bought and sold for huge amounts of money, but maybe there are TM people among us who might have a different perspective?

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've had some training in hypnosis as a therapist and have utilized self-hypnosis regularly since. Definitely an advocate!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
I've had some training in hypnosis as a therapist and have utilized self-hypnosis regularly since. Definitely an advocate!
When you do self-hypnosis, do you make yourself a recording and listen to it, or is it all self-guided in the moment?

I have another question about this - but I'm having trouble putting it into words. This is my best attempt: How do you determine/know the best way to communicate with your subconscious? Hmm. That isn't exactly the question I've got germinating, but it's maybe as close as I can get. Just basically - What level do you talk to yourself under hypnosis in order to accomplish what you are aiming for?

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Nat,

Sorry to be so late in responding. I don't have too much online time except on weekends - wasn't putting you off, just not around.

I do self-guided. That way I can go with whatever I need at the moment and not something pre-recorded. As for how deep I go...

Deep enough that I'm not focused on anything outside of me, but not out of touch with conscious. I can be easily aroused. For instance, if one of the cats jumps on me, I come out. If a cat knocks something over, I come out. So I do respond to my environment. However, once the stimulus has passed I can easily get back to where I was. This is generally the same level I go to when I have been hypnotized by someone else. The only real difference between being in trance for me and being completely conscious is that when I am in trance most of what is going on around me isn't really registering - it's just a really focused state for me. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
When you do self-hypnosis, do you make yourself a recording and listen to it, or is it all self-guided in the moment?

I have another question about this - but I'm having trouble putting it into words. This is my best attempt: How do you determine/know the best way to communicate with your subconscious? Hmm. That isn't exactly the question I've got germinating, but it's maybe as close as I can get. Just basically - What level do you talk to yourself under hypnosis in order to accomplish what you are aiming for?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation
Default bumpity Bump

Not sure how I missed this thread. If anyone is still open to discussion I would be most interested in reading others thoughts and experiences.

I don't practice TM meditation, but I am unfamiliar with it either. Where I live there are many intersections on the highway of transcending. I have friends who are in the "Waking Down" groups, they seem interesting. They use a technique called Gazing. I had never heard that specific term, but when I experienced it was not at all unfamiliar to me.

I recently took a workshop with Tim Freke. He refers to his work as Lucid Living and becoming Deeply Awake... I liked his terms. I liked them alot. They made sense to me. I love Deeply Awake... the two words together create almost an oxymoron, but not quite.

I have practiced Kundalini yoga on and off since 2001. I find it very moving. I have done a 42 day challenge, each day going longer and longer in silent meditation. Very deepening. I was thinking it was time to try that again.

I use drums, rattles and didjeridoo's for trance work. I have read, and continue to read, work on the neuroscience of trance work. I love to journey, love it. For me, it is one of the most effective ways to gather information and knowledge. I like giving candy to the conscious mind so the back of the brain (entrance to the spirit world) can open and the horses can run free.

Anyway those are just a foxes thoughts for now.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: