justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holiday Thoughts from a Rambler...

The start of the holiday season always fills me with a special energy….when darkness falls early on these crisp, cold days … the lights seem to twinkle brighter than ever … it isn’t long before shimmering trees…angels…wreaths…and stars begin to appear in store windows … people hurry along the streets .. cheeks glowing with the cold …arms laden with presents for loved ones … and eyes merry with thoughts of friends and family …hospitality seems to be at its height…

Each brilliant day of this season seems to be dipped in those colors we only see this time of year … splashes of red and green … deep rich satins with glittering hints of gold … each and everything we see becomes a visual splendor … like fragrant pine forests and lush evergreens … roasted chestnuts scent the air … horse drawn carriages roll through streets garlanded with evergreen and ribbons as the glow of street lamps catch the downey swirl of snowflakes through the shimmering of tree lights…all is quiet as the day fades into the crackling silence of the winter night … hushed and reverent … a Christmas most brilliant….if we listen closely at times … faint and sweet and faraway seems to come the sound of children singing and playing and one can see almost the pelting snowballs through the air in the frosty starlight…

People in general seem to become a collector of memories at Christmas…they are filled with an exuberance that seems to only be reserved for this time of year … we seem to think that more than any other time of year we can have “vintage moments”… “magical memories” …. “midnight walks” … the exchange of our lives on a more personal level than we usually dare to share … it is somehow more “ok” to share at Christmas … we get “caught up” in the essence of Christmas … and the things we do for others seem to be touched with a certain elegance and extravagance.

What is it that we seek at Yuletide? A connection with people we somehow “forget” the rest of the year … we seek hearths bright with friendship and caring and warmth … people more than any time of year seem to wear ribbons of enchantment…

Christmas and the days of the this holiday season is one holiday I have learned to receive like a gift … a gift whose significance has taken me years to unwrap… a gift that has given me the ability to have a glad heart all season through … a gift that makes all my days glisten like new fallen snow … the gift of Love … in all its various forms and expressions … love not only to me …but to each of us on this earth … so that Christmas message of “love and joy come to you” may live in each of our hearts … every moment…every day … this gift enables each of us to have that Christmas “feeling” we seek …all year long … that brilliance of light can warm our hearts and lives each day .. the light of Love in our life does not fade like the Christmas lights … Love we have for others and give to others is a permanent brilliance within our lives…must we wait until “Christmas” to express the generosity and love and caring for others? …What better gift could we give this Christmas than to share the light of love in our heart…with each person we meet …. we should share Christmas everyday … to ALL we meet … share the brilliance and love of kindness and generosity and truly goodwill to all those you love and meet … to share light and life with everyone in our lives…there is no gift you could give that would be greater…. than to share the message of hope and love…for the sharing of one’s heart without hesitation to another … it is a gift that is truly …priceless … it is a gift that will live and exist forever in the lives you touch.

Seems no matter where I have been on Christmas morning …there is always a certain light on that morning which is dipped in a radiance that may be only in the imagination of my heart … but, if this is so…what better place for a light to be … than in my heart …. for it is a Christmas light that explodes with particular brilliance when almost every window in every home becomes a candleholder to compliment the stars ….

As this Christmas day has passed and the new year approaches … I urge you, my friends to consider the little candle flickering against the vast blackness of a winter’s night … for it alone seems to carry the very message of Christmas and the holiday season and that message is love … hope …bravely lighting a path for understanding …and kindness and peace on earth to all …

It is my hope and prayer that this holiday season God will bless each of you with the brilliance of Christmas in your heart…each day … may you see and experience LOVE in your heart … so deeply and richly in your life that all else will pale in comparison…

Peace and abundant blessings to you, friends know and friends I've yet to meet...

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post: