Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #221
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

I took this in the Maldives ..

^ and this.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #222
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Those are really cute Merlin! What did you shoot 'em with, or did I miss that in a previous post?

I'm very curious to chat with you all about post processing photos. I'm a whore for photoshop, love to play with overlays, textures and actions. Piscean is much more organic in her photography usually likes it SOOC... but I'm a sucker for taking my shots and creating more with them, most of the times. What are your thoughts?

Here are a few of my newest shots. . . (Fancy I copied your format for posting - hope you don't mind!)

Gathering Eggs
(This was taken at Polyface Farms (mentioned in Food Inc.) in rural Virginia last month)

All for Believing

The Sacred is in the Ordinary

and this one was a tribute to our late kitty, Petunia.

Shooting a family tomorrow morning (in like 5 hours, ack!) But really looking forward to doing some personal soul searching this summer through the view finder. What have you all been shooting? Share!

fondly,
Amanda
Old 06-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #223
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Amanda!

I have always been a fan of your work. I love the photos, especially Tuna Pie

I don't have PS, but I am tempted.

I guess for ME, When I shot on film, it was such an adrenaline rush. Getting JUST the right shot, then waiting to see if it was any good. I remember each time I clicked thinking .27 cents, .27 cents, that is what I calculated the cost of each shot. Now I kinda shoot, shoot, ahhhh I can delete it later, I can darken/lighten it later, I don't take nearly the time I used to in any of it. I use Picasa for processing only. I have Aperture but I hate it. I am interested in working in layers and would love to learn how to do that.

I guess I have to buy PS to even think about it, I love that I don't have PS, I am afraid I will become even more lazy.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #224
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I use the Picassa also. I think I may break down and buy PS today. I haz a coupon for 30% off PS Elements. I think that will be a good starting point into it. (I have PS Lightroom but haven't delved too deeply into it, just some basic contrasting.)
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #225
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I use the Picassa also. I think I may break down and buy PS today. I haz a coupon for 30% off PS Elements. I think that will be a good starting point into it. (I have PS Lightroom but haven't delved too deeply into it, just some basic contrasting.)
Which is what Aperture is basically. Why do I feel so guilty using these programs??

What is the diff between PS and Elements?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #226
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

I used a sony cybershot,great for up close nature pictures. Rubbish for landscapes.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #227
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

I was laid next to them for two hrs and had my camera on burst.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #228
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Took this in our old barn earlier today.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #229
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I was laid next to them for two hrs and had my camera on burst.
How did you battery last? I am not sure how long mine would last.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #230
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Took this in our old barn earlier today.

I love this! I took some barn shots earlier too, haven't loaded them yet though.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #231
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love this site...

You folks have some awesome stuff. Thanks for the inspiration to keep shooting. I just did my virgin download; 900 images from my cell phone to the MAC....whooosh

Still struggling with the MacBook photo program, and anything Adobe just keeps locking up. So, off to visit Apple store sometime this week.

Subscribed for awe inspiring stuff.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #232
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Love this site...

You folks have some awesome stuff. Thanks for the inspiration to keep shooting. I just did my virgin download; 900 images from my cell phone to the MAC....whooosh

Still struggling with the MacBook photo program, and anything Adobe just keeps locking up. So, off to visit Apple store sometime this week.

Subscribed for awe inspiring stuff.

Which Mac program? Have you tried just using Picasa? It's easy and quick.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #233
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

This is a pretty good site ... http://www.learnmyshot.com/

Free contest, enter by June 15!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #234
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Some interesting news about a new kind of camera: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/te...2&pagewanted=1

Basically, it allows you to change the focus of a shot after you've taken it. Very cool!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #235
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

aha! here is where i was looking for. [subscribing]

really beautiful stuff ya'll are sharing! inviting anyone interested to click my signature below which is where i'm shoeboxing my photos, or the ones i'm not embarrassed to show that is.

i shoot primarily w/ my minolta srt202 [mhmm ... film] and when i can afford it, my holga 120 or kodak brownie. 120 film is expensive! but y'know, i've never been an advocate of 'what camera do you shoot with?' i'm much more interested in what you shot. i don't really care to see your camera but i would love to see your photos!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #236
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

VINTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO happy to see you here! I miss you and your work!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #237
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
VINTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO happy to see you here! I miss you and your work!!!!
aw so sweet... thank you sassy!

p.s. i love that photo of you in your signature w/ the fish!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #238
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy taking some scenery shots. . I will be making a cross country road trip real soon on my move to FL from CO and I would like to get a good digital camera to use on my way. This is something I will use again as I do like to take photos with my cell phone. I know a camera would take a greater picture and it is something to invest in. So what do you all recommend for a starter? Great thread and ideas here and for sure great photos!

Thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #239
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
I enjoy taking some scenery shots. . I will be making a cross country road trip real soon on my move to FL from CO and I would like to get a good digital camera to use on my way. This is something I will use again as I do like to take photos with my cell phone. I know a camera would take a greater picture and it is something to invest in. So what do you all recommend for a starter? Great thread and ideas here and for sure great photos!

Thanks!
Are you looking for a point and shoot type camera? Like this:

Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #240
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

anything that will be a good long term investment that I can possibly hook up to a printer to print photos and onto my computer to upload images..

maybe something also with a timer and a tri pod. .

First something just to catch some great scenery photos with what I mentioned up above and then second to consider the timer and tri pod. . I want options but not have to spend too much to get started. Thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote