Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation
Default Agoraphobia

Anyone else?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have it but I can understand it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Shyly admitting I do not know what that is...
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Shyly admitting I do not know what that is...
A lot of times, it's condensed into "they're afraid to leave their house" but it is more than that. Here's an article, if you'd like to read up on it.

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Agoraphobia

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

thank you Gemme!!! I suspected that was it but wasn't sure. I fear crowds; people too close pushing and shoving me. I imagine this would be a terrible thing to live with. It never hurts to ask does it?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
thank you Gemme!!! I suspected that was it but wasn't sure. It never hurts to ask does it?
Not at all. With knowledge comes power.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this health issue!!!! Here's a {{{hug}}}
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmusician View Post
Anyone else?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

In response to the article, I wouldn't say the fear of being alone is all that accurate for everyone. I don't have a fear of being alone, in fact I prefer it. I didn't leave my house much unless it was night time. The conditions had to be perfect. Night, not busy, secluded streets...there is even a 24 hour supermarket about a 30 minute walk from my place lol 1:30am grocery shopping.

I have experienced the dissociation, that was very scary. I've been through almost all of those on that list. It's like it's a fear of anxiety attacks themselves.

The problem is I was on wellbutrin and as soon as I came off that, recently, my anxiety and dissociation deminished by a good 80%. I lived in hell for 3 years. If I'd known I just had to come off the drug....

I've done a lot of work on myself to try to overcome this and am getting better. I just wanted to reach out to others who also have been overcoming it and people who are still in it. And of course, others who understand.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fear of the marketplace

I've had other therapist that I worked have clients that have had this in some point I'm their lives. Sometimes it's onset is do to tragic situations, anxiety, depression or other mental health issues not treated.

And I do think your right, alot of it is using cognitive reconstruction, however sometimes medications work for others or assist others but it does involve alot of work. Congrats for making those steps!!!
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #10
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmusician View Post
The problem is I was on wellbutrin and as soon as I came off that, recently, my anxiety and dissociation deminished by a good 80%. I lived in hell for 3 years. If I'd known I just had to come off the drug....
I was on wellbutrin for a while and had really messy anxiety while I was on it, which went away after I stopped taking it. It got to the point where I couldn't ride the subway because whenever I was on the platform I was obsessed with the idea that I might fall on the track or jump onto the track. Like, I obviously didn't want to jump on the subway track (as evidenced by the fact that the concept upset me so much) but I actually felt like I had no control over my actions / the situation.

I don't really have anything to add to the conversation, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in terms of getting pretty messed up while on the wrong med for you.

(Mind you, I know many people who have had really good success on wellbutrin. Every person reacts differently to every med.)