Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Church of Body Modification

Saw this article in the Charlotte Observer today. Has anyone ever heard of this or does anyone practice this?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...attention.html

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,294 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting.

I have been suspended more than once or twice.
We always do the chest suspensions.
I have also suspended others.
There is something so powerful about the experience.
You are a bird. You are an angel.
When this man talks about chasing the demons away...
It does.
And it isn't about pain. More about transcending.

I keep my hooks hanging from my bathroom mirror.

PreHooking.

Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have heard of this practice but have only seen it done on documentaries.

I have 2 tattoos, my ears and nose pierced.
I have also enjoyed needle play in the past.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OOOOOOO not this boi! Where I have a pretty good tolerance for pain...not this kind.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hummmm... wonder if the "Church" can have tax-exempt status. LOL, had to laugh about the "regular guy" thing- has dogs, lizards and kicks butt a little..."

To each her or his own.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I must admit FeminineAllure my eyes got big when I read in your post "I have enjoyed needle play in the past"

as a child I was in the Dr's office every month with ear infections, this was in the days before tubes. I was terrified of needles until my mid 20's when I had to overcome that fear so could give myself allergy shots. Chuckling...of course allergy shot needles are no where the size of antibiotic or cortisone administering needles.

Course my tattoo wasn't to bad except right on my spine, but, still not something I'd like to experience every week. I'm thinking this type of needle work is different than what the article is referring to.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've heard of it but don't practice it. I've also seen documentaries and the odd video here and there on it. It works for those who can let themselves go.

I am not one of those people, unfortunately.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

When I was a child, My friend Bobby and I sometimes pretended we were supermen balancing our bodies on porch railings with outstretched arms. Below Bobby's railing was a clothes line hook which got snagged in his arm when he lost his balance one day. As he hung there, on the hook, I noticed that he did'nt seem to be in pain. After I went for help and he was treated, he claimed not to feel pain when the hook dragged down his arm. I thought this was amazing, and I wanted to know years later why. Aside from his superman consciousness, Bobby also did not equate that hook with pain. The power of individual will, force, and how anestesia is produced by the chakras is very little known in these modern times, and the spiritual enlightenment they can produce. Practice makes perfect!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I must admit FeminineAllure my eyes got big when I read in your post "I have enjoyed needle play in the past"

as a child I was in the Dr's office every month with ear infections, this was in the days before tubes. I was terrified of needles until my mid 20's when I had to overcome that fear so could give myself allergy shots. Chuckling...of course allergy shot needles are no where the size of antibiotic or cortisone administering needles.

Course my tattoo wasn't to bad except right on my spine, but, still not something I'd like to experience every week. I'm thinking this type of needle work is different than what the article is referring to.
Here is an example. But please be warned this is not for everyone. It is your choice to view or not. It shows needle play.
Thanks!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9qV87cSsY"]YouTube - Needle Play[/nomedia]
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

We just watched the documentary "Modify" and it was interesting. A point was made that skin is empty and modification is a way of filling the canvas....like an artist...the spectrum is wide for pleasures and desires...and wherever anyone falls is up to them...
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,294 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
We just watched the documentary "Modify" and it was interesting. A point was made that skin is empty and modification is a way of filling the canvas....like an artist...the spectrum is wide for pleasures and desires...and wherever anyone falls is up to them...
Modify is an amazing documentary. I recommend seeing it.
But it is not for the queasy.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post: