Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weird & Random Goals

I'm always amused by the some times odd, silly, bizarre or down right funny goals that people have.

I was just today reminded of a friend who has a decidedly naughty goal of having sex with someone on every continent. I might add that this person only has one continent left in order to complete this life long goal.

Whether they are long term and take years or are ongoing daily goals - what are some of your stranger goals?

Some of mine:
  • I really try hard to get my first name, which is fairly common, at all of the new web services as they open up their beta program.
  • I want to have a paper note of currency from each country I visit (damn the Euro for screwing this up for me!).
  • I endeavor to fill my passport with stamps before it expires in 2015.
  • I would like to speak on five continents. (Three down, two to go!)
  • I would like to bank one million frequent flier miles.

I'm strange. What can I tell you?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

My goal right now, maybe it's not weird but it is sorta random, is to be in the best physical shape of my life by the time I hit 50 which is four years from now.
I would like to be able to run a marathon or at least a half marathon.
I did something similar when I hit 40, I was in the best shape I ever had been physically. I was at a healthy weight, was able to accomplish a lot of particular goals with the help of a personal trainer. I also was in a really good emotional place and was working on my mental health with therapist. I think it helped me grow personally.
Now that I am approaching 50 I would like to up the ante a little and get even stronger physically and improve my cardio endurance to be able to do some long distance running without losing the muscle mass.
Random.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
My goal right now, maybe it's not weird but it is sorta random, is to be in the best physical shape of my life by the time I hit 50 which is four years from now.
I would like to be able to run a marathon or at least a half marathon.
I did something similar when I hit 40, I was in the best shape I ever had been physically. I was at a healthy weight, was able to accomplish a lot of particular goals with the help of a personal trainer. I also was in a really good emotional place and was working on my mental health with therapist. I think it helped me grow personally.
Now that I am approaching 50 I would like to up the ante a little and get even stronger physically and improve my cardio endurance to be able to do some long distance running without losing the muscle mass.
Random.
Sooooo not weird, nor random, but certainly worthwhile.

I'm in a similar spot. I just hit a big birthday. I'm not super concerned with dropping weight, although that happens, but I'm interested in getting in better shape again.

But I can put a weird spin on my fitness goal:

I want to be able to run up the steps at Red Rocks Amphitheater without stopping.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I just turned 49, and I have a list of goals for myself for the next year.

I want to have earned both a CAGS in Math, Science and Learning Technologies and my professional license.

I want to have started a viable robotics program at the public high school where I teach math.

I want to have long curly hair to my waist.

And, I want to be good to my precious body and get into better physical shape.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I want to have a normal blood count.

I have very strange and short term goals, marked by odd milestones. I make deals with unseen gods for things like making it to my grandchilds birth or my sons graduation from eighth grade. I do things like promising to feed the hungry/homeless more often if I could just live "this much" longer....

So I guess it is all relative. I'm no longer asking for a cure, but I am begging, borrowing and stealing time.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Random

I want to be happy. Genuinely. No more of this fake it til you make it crap or relying on my years in CS to help me put a lovely mask on for the sake of others. I want to wake up in the morning and not think, "Shit! I gotta go to work today." I want more; deserve more.

I just need to find the directions to this holy grail.

Weird

I like visiting weird and/or odd and/or novelty places. Largest ball of ear wax kind of things. I want to visit a new weird/odd/novelty thing a year for the rest of my life.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I just turned 49, and I have a list of goals for myself for the next year.

I want to have earned both a CAGS in Math, Science and Learning Technologies and my professional license.

I want to have started a viable robotics program at the public high school where I teach math.

I want to have long curly hair to my waist.

And, I want to be good to my precious body and get into better physical shape.
I have reached all of these goals.

How about that?
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

a few of 'em...

to complete the entire AT with out any major breaks.
to walk from coast to coast in north america.
and to figure out my earthly purpose.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation
Default sharing is caring

my immediate goal:

to be semi-retired in 2.5 years. that allows me a couple of years to pay off all debt i currently have, and to redo the inside of the RV to suit my needs. then, it's off to hit the road. i plan to spend the rest of my life traveling and shooting (hopefully, i'll find a picture pimp to help me subsidize the traveling with picture sales).

today, this is my entire life's goal and plan.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post: