Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #81
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
when its over, its over move on
Exactly.....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #82
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Might sound silly but my past relationships taught me how to love; both myself and another. Deep thoughts for a girl under the covers with her kindle
Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #83
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Despite how miserable we were together, we each deserve our own happiness.

Just because someone treated you one way, whether good or bad, does not mean the next person will, so do not hold them to standards they don't know exist, and don't blame them for someone else's faults.

I learned erasing handles and making a new e-mail and a new handle help put a lot of the past behind you, instead of constantly being bombarded with it - especially helpful if you hold grudges/were very invested, and have trouble being civil to them LOL
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #84
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

*You can learn a lot about your love interest in the first hour of the first date. If you're out for a meal, pay attention to how they treat the waitstaff.

*Don't shackle yourself to someone who doesn't make you laugh, and definitely, 100% not with anyone who makes you cry.

*If it feels wrong, it is wrong. Don't make excuses or second-guess yourself.

*You attract what you think you deserve, even unconsciously. The healthier you are, the better partner you will be, and you will attract healthier people.

*Accept the other person as they are that very moment. They're going to change over a years-long relationship, sure, but not on your schedule and not always the changes you want.

*Don't get into a relationship for the wrong reasons (which is just about everything except that you are full of love and health and want to share that with a special person). That includes pressure, horniness, guilt, or even boredom with your life. BTDT, all of them.

*A relationship doesn't always end because the love ends. Love can't fix everything.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #85
LadyHilary

How Do You Identify?:
Hard Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am or girl
Relationship Status:
married

LadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST ReputationLadyHilary Has the BEST Reputation
Default ignoring my gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I learned to trust my own gut instinct.

I learned what it felt like to ignore my gut instinct.

I learned how to compromise myself.

I learned how to be afraid.

My true nature is one of positivity, and with that, I know so much more of who I am now, I know that I may not compromise my core, because it is beautiful and true, I know how very strong I am and I will go down fighting to protect myself, my self preservation is intact. And I know to trust that inner voice.

and the crazy thing, I miss the good parts, I miss the potential of what might have been...old fashioned Catch-22

Last edited by LadyHilary; 07-02-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: adding
LadyHilary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyHilary For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #86
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
*You can learn a lot about your love interest in the first hour of the first date. If you're out for a meal, pay attention to how they treat the waitstaff.

*Don't shackle yourself to someone who doesn't make you laugh, and definitely, 100% not with anyone who makes you cry.

*If it feels wrong, it is wrong. Don't make excuses or second-guess yourself.

*You attract what you think you deserve, even unconsciously. The healthier you are, the better partner you will be, and you will attract healthier people.

*Accept the other person as they are that very moment. They're going to change over a years-long relationship, sure, but not on your schedule and not always the changes you want.

*Don't get into a relationship for the wrong reasons (which is just about everything except that you are full of love and health and want to share that with a special person). That includes pressure, horniness, guilt, or even boredom with your life. BTDT, all of them.

*A relationship doesn't always end because the love ends. Love can't fix everything.
such a great point. sometimes you arent on the same page or right enough with yourself to be right enough with someone else even if you do love them.

there's always something good in you and in the person you love even when there's something not working in your behavior choices. i learned that self-respect and having loved one another for so long means you can find a few small ways to be kind to one another during a breakup. there's nothing more representative of honest love than watching the person you broke up with try to be sweet to you or watching them struggle to respect your decision. there's a lot to admire in someone when you're breaking up with them and they still find ways to love you while helping to dismantle the world you made together. i learned that i never stopped wanting the best for them and always wished there was a way i could have said "i'm still on your side". even now, when i have small victories or do things that i couldnt have done in the past, i wonder if they would be proud of me because i really always wanted them to be proud of me.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #87
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
i learned that i never stopped wanting the best for them and always wished there was a way i could have said "i'm still on your side". even now, when i have small victories or do things that i couldnt have done in the past, i wonder if they would be proud of me because i really always wanted them to be proud of me.
This really touched my heart Nomad. It's so sweet but also kind of sad....but I know exactly what you mean.
KayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KayCee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #88
lilapache

How Do You Identify?:
DONE

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,025 Posts
lilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputation

that all the amount of words are nothing... unless they area shown also...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #89
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Never, ever go back.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #90
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Some things I have learned from past relationships...

Patience.
To be true to myself.
Pay attention to the Red Flags in the beginning.
Be open to what can happen.
Compromise.
How to live well with others.
How important it is to be heard.
If it feels right do it, if it doesn't then don't.
Sex is way too important, not a place I am willing to compromise, sexual compatibility is a must.
Don't marry a gay man when you are in love with a woman.
Life always moves forward.
And most importantly... To Love fully, no matter how much it might hurt when they are gone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #91
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Some things I learned

I leanred a lot from past relationships and yes it's true not all lessons in life are learned the easy way.

I am worth a whole lot more than I let myself settle for in the past.
I am a heck of a lot stronger than I ever thought I could be.
To really listen in the beginning if they are a good match you will know.
To see the relationship for what it is not what I hoped it would be.
Never stay because you feel obligated to.
That through all the hurt and pain, I still wish the other person happiness.
When your intincts say something isn't right listen.

I am sure I learned a lot more but these are some important ones for me.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #92
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that break ups bring out the worst but also the best in people.

When N and I broke up we had a house and an apartment and ten years of shared stuff. There was not one moment of haggling or fighting over assets. It went like this:

You take it. You always loved that thing.
No, you take it. It meant so much to you.

I spackled the holes in the wall from framed prints I removed, and touched up the paint, then moved furniture around so it wouldn't look so empty. She mailed me a huge box of Christmas presents, because she knew I was alone that first year, in another state.

We might not have been in love, but we trusted each other. That's what got us through the divorce.

From other breakups, I've learned:

If it isn't real, the pain will disappear fast.
If it is real, if there is love, it might take longer to get over, but the lessons will be deeper.

Honestly though, I'm a slow learner in all things, especially those involving my heart.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #93
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that I am very different from who I thought I was.

I've learned that I don't have it in me to be everything for someone. I get overvigilant and weird.

I've learned that expectations just ask for dissapointment.

I've learned that Thanksgiving alone is not so bad, especially when you are allergic to turkey.

I've learned that sleeping with someone can often take away objectivity. For ever.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #94
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

i learned if coming home to no furniture happens...don't believe em when they say they ordered new stuff. verify verify verify!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #95
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Keep Loving.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #96
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Daddy-O View Post
Keep Loving.

I guess that's the ultimate lesson.

I think we live longer when we love other people, too.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #97
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I guess that's the ultimate lesson.

I think we live longer when we love other people, too.
Yes, I believe so. I don't know about living longer. LoL. I have never wanted to be the one left behind and when my health goes I hope to go quickly instead of lingering on. But, definitely happier while alive. When our hearts are full of love there is less room for anger, for sure. Although, I do stay angry about worldly issues.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #98
Breezy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,199 Posts
Breezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST ReputationBreezy Has the BEST Reputation

Forgive everything, this includes me and the other person.

Always love with an open hand.

Always show/share love. Each relationship is never with the same exact individual over and over again. It is a new love, a new person and another chance to give and receive love.

Overlaying the past upon the present is unproductive, useless, negative and gauranteed to doom a relationship.

Stay in joy. Seek joy. Give joy.

Have lives which include shared and sepearate interests.

Making love is important.

Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Breezy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #99
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Most important was to value myself a little more and know my needs and wants are equally as important in the relationship....

To not have the expectation that they can read my mind and know what I am thinking no matter how many years we have lived together......

To keep the value of friendship, take the time out to visit them, have that girls weekend away, or just a girls night out so they never feel lost in the transition of my relationships......

To let the past go and not bring it into my today so my future partner will never feel that they are like them or simply not good enough as the last......

To never go to bed on an argument always let them know they are loved as it might be the last night you sleep in the same bed together....

To not focus on those small nitty gritty annoying things that are in the end not that important....

To say I am sorry when I know I was wrong without putting up my walls......

And to not rush love, if it's meant to be it will happen naturally without forcing it......
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #100
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default perspective

My perspective...when that changes...I am in trouble. Im learning to control my outlook with what comes up. It becomes a filter. Can groove with anything if ya got a good perspective

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post: