Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

View Poll Results: Hypothetical Scenario ~ 2012 ~ Oprah or The Donald?
Oprah 52 50.98%
The Donald 12 11.76%
Why is there a duck in the running? 14 13.73%
I'm not voting for either! ~ *stomps off* 22 21.57%
I'm new here, can I watch? 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hypothetical Scenario ~ 2012 ~ Oprah or The Donald

Hypothetical Scenario ~ 2012 ~ Oprah or The Donald

If these two ran for 2012 Presidential Candidate, who would you vote for?

There's a Poll, gimme a minute to get that going.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Trump almost makes Palin look intelligent! Such a media whore...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb I'd vote for Donald Duck before Donald Chump!

Donald Trump is a sexist, racist, & homophobic ass hat!

I say Oprah!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 04-13-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Had to add the racism
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Let's not forget his awesome money management skillz.

Hiring a whole team of people to find out if Obama was born a US Citizen.

There's a fine waste of funding if I ever seen one.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Why aren't there any Canadian options in the poll?

Y'all just don't like us. Do you?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
Why aren't there any Canadian options in the poll?

Y'all just don't like us. Do you?

Next Poll

Why Marijuana don't grow in Canada like it does California = Paranoia Factor.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Can I do a write in for Randy Quaid?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
Let's not forget his awesome money management skillz.

Hiring a whole team of people to find out if Obama was born a US Citizen.

There's a fine waste of funding if I ever seen one.

LOL...

Let's see, he has filed bankruptcy 3 times, I think.... But, for someone with his money and tax breaks, bankruptcy is simply re-organization to cut taxes!!

He is taking the birther bull to another dimension, too. Soon, he will have the GOP/Tea Party believing there was a mistake when Hawaii was admitted to the Union and it isn't really a state!!!

You know, if it were not for the fact that millions of people in the US are in a lot of trouble and out of work (losing everything), this would be quite comimcal.

Yes, Oprah!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

neither one of them would get my vote..........neither of them no shit about how government works.........I wonder if either of them knows how a bill becomes law........

I lost all respect for Trump when he joined the birther bullshit........
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Agrees with Diva ...maybe we would get "my favorite things" in the mail. That's better than hearing "your fired".

And besides....ever noticed that beautiful red/pink shiny lipstick oprah wears? It's to die for and i can't find it anywhere...maybe she would include that in her "my fav things". It would certainly be worth my vote.

Oh yes and her stand on women's rights and going to the saturn and afghanistan......(saying that so i don't seem too shallow)
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #11
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I vote for the nuns going after Goldman Sachs.

Never mess with a pissed off nun.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this was a cute hypothetical thing. And then I saw The Donald
giving interviews on running for office.

A duck might be an interesting contrast to the current crop of Washingtonian jackasses.
But seriously, when did we become a people with a barnyard government?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Barring lack of political experience on both of their parts, Oprah would get my vote hands down.

She is compassionate, a smart as hell business woman, Pro-LGBT rights, and obviously knows how to handle her finances to the point that she is one of the world's richest women.

I wouldn't vote for Donald Trump to be a fucking JANITOR in the white house. (and this is certainly no swipe on people who clean for a living, just illustrating someone who is still in the actual white house but who is far removed from the politics there)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Is Oprah really going to run for president? Did she quit her show so she could seriously make a run for it, if not this term, then next? Did she get a flavor for it by helping get Obama elected? I had been thinking this to myself over the past year and then this thread crops up. hmmmmm. I dont get the newspaper and I dont watch the news. Was there something said that made this a current topic?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

softness: in answer to your question....no not that I know of.

----------

Being the President is not the same as being a CEO of a for profit company or any kind of business person. It's a whole different set of skills and knowledge base.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I'm just wondering when the 3-ring circus is going to stop and the GOP has some competent candidates. With the economy so fragile, gas prices rising, and the need for a sane overhaul of the tax code, I want Obama to be able to build a winning strategy. I honestly believe his re-election is tied to the economy and job creation. The gas price situation is something that hits hard on people- an everyday slap in the face that is a game changer with personal budgeting.

Neither Trump or Oprah have the skills to be president. But, Oprah is someone I respect deeply and feel she is very smart. Trump just loves to see Trump on the tube.

I think the GOP is worried about putting forth a candidate against Obama. Even Carl Rove has been saying "get serious" and leave the Tea Party zealots behind. I don't like Rove, but he is a savvy political strategist. Even Bachman is backing away from the birther garbage.

I really wish the serious issues would be discussed and ideas formulated that get things like the construction and housing industries back on their feet and jobs are created. We also can bring some of manufacturing back (some is lost forever).

Its fun to play with the craziness of some of these "candidates," but this is such a serious time for our economy and middle and working class people.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
softness: in answer to your question....no not that I know of.

----------

Being the President is not the same as being a CEO of a for profit company or any kind of business person. It's a whole different set of skills and knowledge base.

Kind of interesting to look at the occupations of folks before they became President. 26 of the 44 were lawyers. Some were businessmen - Harding was a respected newspaper publisher, Washington was a farmer/plantation owner, Truman was a farmer/retailer, Hoover was a mining engineer/businessman, the elder Bush was in oil, GW actually has an MBA and had run many companies into the ground before turning his talent on the country, a few including LBJ were schoolteachers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_occupation

Old 04-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I dont care who runs for president. I think Maury needs to be in there somewhere just in case we have another scandal in the white house. He can do the DNA testing.

But if we had Springer as President, at least we would get some Springer beads handed out along the way!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #19
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Kind of interesting to look at the occupations of folks before they became President. 26 of the 44 were lawyers. Some were businessmen - Harding was a respected newspaper publisher, Washington was a farmer/plantation owner, Truman was a farmer/retailer, Hoover was a mining engineer/businessman, the elder Bush was in oil, GW actually has an MBA and had run many companies into the ground before turning his talent on the country, a few including LBJ were schoolteachers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_occupation
Each and every one of those Presidents was a politician who had held an elective office(s) before they were President. Every politician comes from some other background and they developed the skill sets and knowledge needed to run a government BEFORE they ever became President.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: