Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I'm totally cool with male ID'd.

In regards to time. If its weekday, any time from 6:30pm and on. If its a weekend, any time from 1pm on. I am in the PST.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ok. So I've been thinking about this and what I'd like to do -- to start off -- is schedule two meetings a week to start off with. This will help those that cannot attend one (due to timezones) perhaps be able to attend others. So I offer these as options:

Mondays: 9pm EDT (this means 8pm CDT/7pm MDT/6pm PDT)
Saturdays: 10pm EDT (this means 9pm CDT/8pm MDT/7pm PDT)

I choose the Saturday because there are a couple of Aussie guys who contacted me and this would work out to 10am Sunday their time.

Later, I'd like to offer a voice-conference option once a month. This requires a bit of coordination and further instructions on how to use something like Skype (free online phone options).

Also, a few rules (if you have others to add please add them to this thread). I'm including the ones that were common when I participated in the NYC Gender Identity Projects support groups. I found them to be effective as guidelines:

1. What is said the in the support group, stays in the support group.
2. Speak from the "I/me".
3. Step up, step back (if you've talked a lot, step back to let others speak; if you haven't said alot, step up and speak)
4. Before changing a topic ask first.
5. Remember that not all discussions require feedback. Sometimes people just want to rant. Ask first if someone wants feedback about something. And if you are talking, indicate if it's a rant or want feedback
6. Try to be on time. Coming in late can disrupt if someone is talking about something.

Add others as you feel would help. If you have questions/concerns, do not hesitate to contact me or post them here. If you have topics for discussion, please forward them to me and I'll add them to my "magic bag" (if we run out of discussions, I'll yank one out and start a discussion on that )

ETA: PM me for the password. This will only be sent to FTMs/male-identified butches. This will not be sent to SOFFAs/Allies.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Oops! Knew I forgot something:

First meeting will be this Saturday, June 5.

The meeting will be using the Masculine-ID support room in the BFP chat area (join the chat and you'll see the room).

You'll be asked a password to enter.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #24
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi Linus,

Are you going to be sky-peing the group? Or is it still going to be online? Can you let me know the password, please. I most def. would love to join in.

Thank you for everything. My hat is off to you for this.

Love,
Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #25
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I can't make this Saturday, but will try to make others. Thanks for the coordination, Linus!!

T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #26
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Oops! Knew I forgot something:

First meeting will be this Saturday, June 5.

The meeting will be using the Masculine-ID support room in the BFP chat area (join the chat and you'll see the room).

You'll be asked a password to enter.
Have you selected a time when this will occur, Linus?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #27
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
So I offer these as options:

Mondays: 9pm EDT (this means 8pm CDT/7pm MDT/6pm PDT)
Saturdays: 10pm EDT (this means 9pm CDT/8pm MDT/7pm PDT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Have you selected a time when this will occur, Linus?

Does this help?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ack! Sorry everyone. I'm doing an onsite (at customer site) training this week and my head has effectively turned to mush.

So I apologize for not being in the chatroom.

Next support meeting will be this Saturday June 12th at 10pm EDT and the one after will Monday June 14th at 9pm EDT. I'm off next week so I should be less brain drained.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #29
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Bump for tonight: Saturdays: 10pm EDT (this means 9pm CDT/8pm MDT/7pm PDT)

Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 AM   #30
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh I missed it again I keep forgetting!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #31
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinkin Saturday evening really isn't a good time, but that's just me.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #32
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

I'm thinkin Saturday evening really isn't a good time, but that's just me.

T D, I asked for dates. No one responded. So I picked two dates of the week that would be good, one Monday and the other Saturday.

If others would prefer a different date, I'm open to it.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #33
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

i'm just reading this, maybe sunday evenings would be better before the workweek starts.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #34
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Linus - I wanted to let you know I really appreciate the support group you have started.

I had a really good time talking to all of you last night. I hope the group gets bigger.

I do have one suggestion. I do not type fast, so I would like for us to somehow communicate live. Is there a way we can do this?

Any night is good for me, just let me know if you change the date and time. I will definitely be there.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #35
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Linus - I wanted to let you know I really appreciate the support group you have started.

I had a really good time talking to all of you last night. I hope the group gets bigger.

I do have one suggestion. I do not type fast, so I would like for us to somehow communicate live. Is there a way we can do this?

Any night is good for me, just let me know if you change the date and time. I will definitely be there.

Rufus

I am looking into it. The reality is that to get a decent conference call option will potentially cost money. I'm trying to find a cheaper option. The challenge with conference call options is the risk of overtalking one another and that may result in additional frustrations.

Either way, I am looking into that option as well. I haven't really had a chance in the last 4 weeks due to work but since this week is an off week I should be able to focus on this a bit more.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #36
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Quote:
T D, I asked for dates. No one responded. So I picked two dates of the week that would be good, one Monday and the other Saturday.

If others would prefer a different date, I'm open to it.
I think that sometimes we don't know how something's going to work out until we try it. It may just be me too, but for some reason I cannot remember the Saturday evening chat to save my life.

I appreciate all the effort you have and continue to put into this, Linus!!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #37
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Bump for tonight: Mondays: 9pm EDT (this means 8pm CDT/7pm MDT/6pm PDT)

And the next one will be this Sunday (to see if more will come out on Sunday): Sunday: 8pm EDT (this means 7pm CDT/6pm MDT/5pm PDT)

I'll also suggest that instead of Monday next week, perhaps Tues/Wed mid-week may be a good 2nd date/time?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #38
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I was totally planning on being there tonight, but my work ran late and then I had to run errands when I got home. I am gonna try and be at the next one!
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #39
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Gah! I missed it again!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #40
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Just a suggestion ... maybe someone could be in charge of reminding those that are interested .... either a phone call or email or something.

I'm fortunate to have enough real time support and am generally busy at the times posted so am not participating myself, but thougth I'd throw out that suggestion.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote