Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
I forgot all about this thread

It was pretty much given that Hope will be the one . It was all over Internet that she was sorry loser WHAT ?
After everything she has been trough ? I don't blame her she didn't want to talk about it and have all kind of interviews .

So Monday are the finals and I am just curious if will be JR or Ricki . Now , if is Rob , I know Kardashians took over the planet Earth .
Solo was treated quite poorly and stereotypically as a female athlete by the judges, especially the woman on this show. Cattiness galore by Carrie throughout and I got really sick of the put downs about her femininity- not all women are girlie-girls and sporty women have their own unique grace. And internal scars are as hurtful as external ones. Although, I think JR is wonderful and one driven person. His Mom sure gave him love and security as a single Mom which helped get him through some hella tough stuff!

She and Chaz have some legitimate complaints. And my heart goes out to her as it does for JR in terms of horrible life events. Rob is not a better dancer than Hope Solo, period. Rob is far behind the technique and musicality of a male lead, which JR has. ahe and Riki also have some raw dance talent- Rob does not. He seems like a nice guy, but it is BS that he is among the top 3 in the finals. Totally Hollywood politics. The male judges see that he is not at the level of JR as a male lead. His footwork is not great.

I don't think she dances as well as Jr or Riki, but she should beat out rob at this point. He has no fluidity and does not have the athleticism that Hope, JR and Riki have in general- and part of dance is athleticism.

JR & Riki ought to be the finalists with one of them the winner. It's hard, because both have become serious dancers throughout the competition and obviously put in the hours.

If Rob takes this, I'm with you- it was bought and paid for.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #322
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Solo was treated quite poorly and stereotypically as a female athlete by the judges, especially the woman on this show. Cattiness galore by Carrie throughout and I got really sick of the put downs about her femininity- not all women are girlie-girls and sporty women have their own unique grace. And internal scars are as hurtful as external ones. Although, I think JR is wonderful and one driven person. His Mom sure gave him love and security as a single Mom which helped get him through some hella tough stuff!

She and Chaz have some legitimate complaints. And my heart goes out to her as it does for JR in terms of horrible life events. Rob is not a better dancer than Hope Solo, period. Rob is far behind the technique and musicality of a male lead, which JR has. ahe and Riki also have some raw dance talent- Rob does not. He seems like a nice guy, but it is BS that he is among the top 3 in the finals. Totally Hollywood politics. The male judges see that he is not at the level of JR as a male lead. His footwork is not great.

I don't think she dances as well as Jr or Riki, but she should beat out rob at this point. He has no fluidity and does not have the athleticism that Hope, JR and Riki have in general- and part of dance is athleticism.

JR & Riki ought to be the finalists with one of them the winner. It's hard, because both have become serious dancers throughout the competition and obviously put in the hours.

I was so disappointed that this happened. I tried to keep it into perspective, it's all about ratings, not about Dancing. Please, this is not the E channel and the KarTRASHians are not invested in this channel. I thought this was a disney channel(?)......so much for that.

Hope and Mak's were not invited to make a guest appearance on Jimmy Kimmel live/ nor Good Morning America. Unlike all the others in the past. Instead, a decision was made prior to Hope and Maks getting voted off the Island, the producers elected to promote the remaining three
on Kimmel and GMA. Hope went home to the state of Washington and was tweeting away. She is expected to make an appearance, along with Chazz and Carson et/el Tuesday. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING. not that they will care what I am doing.

I have to agree with Hopes' comments, They(the judges) did seem to want her off the show. KarTRASHian, week after week, looks to Cheryl for his next step...he doesn't know his dances. (similar to how Mark Ballas used to count out the dances to Bristol Palin).

I'm hoping DWTS does not go in another direction with Maks. Hope will be fine. In fact, she has her sights set on an olympic gold medal. Carrie Ann and KarTrashian Rob (who has never even had a job) can only dream what that must be like.

I wonder if Beach Volleyball Star Misty May Treanor, would not have been injured earlt in DWTS, and competed longer.....if the view of a female athlete would be different?

I said it before and I'll say it again. I thought Hope was sexy. I thought Maks brought her a long way. They danced well together.

Last edited by Dominique; 11-19-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typing without bifocals, thought I could see
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #323
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

thanks for this post , my feelings exactly
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #324
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Solo was treated quite poorly and stereotypically as a female athlete by the judges, especially the woman on this show. Cattiness galore by Carrie throughout and I got really sick of the put downs about her femininity- not all women are girlie-girls and sporty women have their own unique grace..
there have been other female athletes on the show, Shawn Johnson, Kristy Yamaguchi. Both won. Kristy was an easy pic due to her gracefullness from her skating, but Shawn was stocky, short, and not your "typical" female shape, but she still won. *I* feel, Hopes attitude towards any criticizm was her downfall. She got suspended from a soccer team for critisizing the coach for not playing her in a game the team lost, and she was was telling these judges to kiss her ass before they even scored her performances. She WAS good, she did improve, but she still wasnt up the caliber of other dancers, and yet felt she was entitled to higher scores. dont forget, half the scores that sent her home, came from the viewing audience. I felt bad for Maks, he is an amazing dancer, and just once, I would like to see him win!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #325
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
dont forget, half the scores that sent her home, came from the viewing audience!
Since it's reality T.V., we don't even know if that is *true*

After the arranged wedding, I am skeptical of all reality television.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #326
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

I am disgusted by tonight show and judges . I am not even getting exited and start rumbling about it . Kardashian 10's and J.R 7 from Len ?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #327
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

to me, Robs first dance was better than JR's, and it pains me to say that! But JR's freestyle was FAB!!! I told my honey that there was a good chance Rob could come from behind and win this, i dont want him to but...........Rickis freestyle was weird and not very good IMO. Still hoping for JR, we shall see tonight!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #328
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

JR has some great technique and has developed so much! Rob too, but he is just not the best. Riki has some real talent. Rob has developed too- but remains stiff. I know I have a rich-kid bias going about him and he is probably a really good guy. But all of those 10s- UGH!! NO!! His steps are not clean.

I loved JR's free-style!! The drum beat interpretation was amazing. He did not do as well wity the other routine and he said he was off, but that "7" was wrong!!

I just feel like it is rigged and frankly wish there was no audience voting. But that is what draws people to the show and $.

I think I am going to be mad tonight at the results.... Either JR or Riki should be the winner and I think Hollywood politics will be present.

It will be kewl to see all the others there tonight and overall, I feel like Chaz did a great job. He isn't really someone that I see as a trans spokeperson, but, I think it was great he did the show. But, it was so damn painful to read some of the things people said on blogs and FB, etc.

GO JR, GO Riki!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #329
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Ricki

How the hell did that even happen?

I don't think they should let fans vote on the finals. If it was all on the judges Ricki would have won.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #330
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Go JR Go! :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #331
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Chaz was dancing tonight. haha! nice. . glad he's such a sport
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #332
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
JR has some great technique and has developed so much! Rob too, but he is just not the best. Riki has some real talent. Rob has developed too- but remains stiff. I know I have a rich-kid bias going about him and he is probably a really good guy. But all of those 10s- UGH!! NO!! His steps are not clean.

I loved JR's free-style!! The drum beat interpretation was amazing. He did not do as well wity the other routine and he said he was off, but that "7" was wrong!!

I just feel like it is rigged and frankly wish there was no audience voting. But that is what draws people to the show and $.

I think I am going to be mad tonight at the results.... Either JR or Riki should be the winner and I think Hollywood politics will be present.

It will be kewl to see all the others there tonight and overall, I feel like Chaz did a great job. He isn't really someone that I see as a trans spokeperson, but, I think it was great he did the show. But, it was so damn painful to read some of the things people said on blogs and FB, etc.

GO JR, GO Riki!!
Thank you for your posts , I am grateful that you can eloquently summarized the episodes . I love this sport , I don't know you , but I understand you have a knowledge and I agree with your assessments of dancers .

I am happy for JR to win , he did deserve it . I don't dislike Rob . I personally think he is one of the best Kardashians . Yet , he is still stiff no matter what .

I was rooting for JR and I was concerned when he ended in the bottom , but then again taking in consideration ratings there must been some suspense .

I can't wait when you post your opinion on the last night show , because I already know I will agree .
Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #333
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight was an amazing finale

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #334
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I'm thrilled that JR won!!! YES!!

It was great to see all of them back, too. I love it that so many (including Chaz) have stuck around as support and super cheer leaders. Looks like they do get close throughout the season (never watched this show before).

Loved that Chaz's dance has Lacy's Dad in it- it was great! So happy Carson got his "wish"- !

As always, Hope heated my veins and I thought the routine including the costumes were her. I think it was kind of hard for her to wear a lot of the other costumes during the time she was in the competition. She is quite unassuming about her beauty and body.

I have to get over Rob worshipping his father, one of the "Dream Team" lawers that got OJ Simpson off in his double murder trial. Just have a hard time with the Kardashian family living off that legacy. But I know Rob misses his Dad and sees him differently. he did really well obviously, but not my kind of lead, not fluid enough.

WOW, if China had pulled off that routine before, I think we may have had 3 different finalists! I'm so glad she came out there and did it. I really felt terrible for her that night.

Oh, and I am so hapy that JR seems to be dating a great young woman. Plus, his Momma can be so very proud- at all of his achievements and recovery- the guy has one bright soul of light!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:

Tags
chaz bono, transgender