Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #121
paintedleofemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,her
Relationship Status:
Married

paintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputationpaintedleofemme Has the BEST Reputation

I work full time, with benefits. Believe me, for everyone who is looking, I too was in your shoes, don't give up!!

Don't like me? Take a seat with the rest of the losers waiting for me to give a damn.
paintedleofemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paintedleofemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #122
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

I was laid off 3 years ago after the company I worked for decided to outsource all of their IT staff. It's the second time in my life that has seen me in this position. Both times I decided to make big changes. The first time I switched careers. No regrets at all and I love what I do now. The second time I decided to relocated from the east coast to the west coast. I made it. I'm here. I love it!

During your time off do volunteer work. Employers LOVE this! It shows that you are filling your time constructively and not just sitting around waiting for something to fall in your lap. It also gets you out and networking with like minded folks who may be able to help you in finding a or securing a job. Study something new. Employers love, love, LOVE this too. There are ton of free online courses being offered by some pretty prestigious schools right now. MIT is offering a 600x series of IT classes that can earn you a certificate.

Being fearless is mandatory in times like these as is taking risks. Both times I jumped off that cliff I landed squarely on my feet. I know there are so many of you still unemployed. Hang in there and don't be afraid to set yourselves apart from all others. Go big or go home

Good luck!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #123
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default worth the wait......

Well here it is almost 2 months after my initial post about being laid off and finally landed that job I was pursuing. So many delays due to both holidays and a vacation by the HR department!! I worked part time while waiting to get through the ropes but well worth it. My total independence is connected to this job, the fact that it pays good and has full benefits is a bonus! Accepting this position has me relocated back to Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg but it's all good. A beautiful part of Pa and very rural at times. This I can handle over the fast paced city attitudes. Feels wonderful to finally be settled! My cat agrees!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #124
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I am a full time massage student at college. So I have very little time for employment. I work at a clinic for free one day a week to apprentice along with my formal education and college table work. I do freelance massage for donation and I do other freelance in creative body work and sexual education/hostessing.
I also write erotic and fantasy adventure stories for individuals and glamour-fantasy modeling. These are very small bits and pieces. I can't work more than 8 hours a week, so my work has to have a high wage in order for me to survive and graduate. It is very intensive and exhausting work requiring a lot of skill, tolerance, creativity, education and empathy.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #125
Rolo

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Rolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently employed full time working with adults with developmental disabilities. I am a social service worker and never once thought about working in this sector but I love it. It is highly stressful with very few rewards. I've been doing this for 5 years now and could use a change. I would still like to work with the same population just maybe a different setting, but feel very stuck. I was very lucky to get this job straight out of school and scared to leave my security.

Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rolo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #126
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I am retired but still get a check, I'm a full time student but at the moment this year taking a year long break.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #127
Two-spirit

How Do You Identify?:
Native American
Preferred Pronoun?:
soft butch
Relationship Status:
single

Two-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST ReputationTwo-spirit Has the BEST Reputation

You show work at a truck stop. We drivers are always having back pains, legs pains and just need a good rub down after a 70 hr work week..

At this time I'm still on family leave, my father had two strokes last year. So I'm helping my mother take care of him. But when I can I might go back trucking I always come back home with my back hurting after two weeks on the road.
Two-spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Two-spirit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 02:25 AM   #128
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-spirit View Post
You show work at a truck stop. We drivers are always having back pains, legs pains and just need a good rub down after a 70 hr work week..

At this time I'm still on family leave, my father had two strokes last year. So I'm helping my mother take care of him. But when I can I might go back trucking I always come back home with my back hurting after two weeks on the road.
Oh I got a lot of truck drivers in the UK as patients willing to be treated by me as a student. They were great clients. Friendly, chatty, not up their own arse, not shy about their bodies, appreciative and tipped me and even brought me bottles of wine and a couple gave me restaurant gift certificates. Real sweethearts actually. Flirtatious sometimes but always perfect gentleman with me.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #129
Hey You

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and waiting :)

Hey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST Reputation

I work at a uni library as a library assistant, which is below my qualification. And I'm only 2 subjects off being qualified as a librarian. Keeping an eye out for jobs not because I don't like my current job/workplace, but because I need to be on more money. Life will get more expensive when I stop having a student status. Sigh.
Hey You is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hey You For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 02:30 AM   #130
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I just got promoted to Supervisor, Financial Services last week. Currently I manage a team of 8 people and we are already in the process of adding more members to the team. Basically what my team does is handle any fraud and billing issues that our users face, as well as enforcing the Terms of Service and handling reports about that as well. I love what I do, and I love the team that I work with, they really make my job so easy and make it fun to come to work every day.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #131
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation

I work at Sams club in the freezer / cooler. Dont know how long i will be able to keep the pace. my body is taking a beating. lots of heavy lifting and pulling. restacking water pallets near the freezer. pulling /pushing pallets way taller than me and completely loaded down even with a pallet jack its extremely heavy. especially when you have to straighten the cooler because the forklift driver just shoved stuff in there and now you cant get to the milk , eggs or tea to work it. so you have to pull out half the pallets in the cooler...

all i know is my body is falling apart. but hey...i atleast have a steady job i guess.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #132
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I help manage a vacation resort/bed and breakfast. I've met so many different folks from all over. I also live on the property, so I must do everything to help maintain the property in and out. It is very interesting work.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #133
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

I work full-time with a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule. I love it. Yeah, working seven 10-14 hour days in a row can be brutal but those 7 days off are so sweet. It's like having a vacation every other week.
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaige For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #134
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Niiiice! You are lucky.

I have always said that if they would let me, I would work triple shifts for 2 days and have a 5 day weekend. lol, though I can't vouch for the quality of my work after about 63 concurrent hours - but hey; the two triple shifts don't even have to be back to back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
I work full-time with a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule. I love it. Yeah, working seven 10-14 hour days in a row can be brutal but those 7 days off are so sweet. It's like having a vacation every other week.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #135
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I work full time. Always have. Lord willing, always will.

What is new though is that this job is salary. This is somewhat rare in nursing. Bye-bye overtime. That was hard to get used to. However, it is nice on snow days and holidays and when i only work around 35 hours or so per week. And i know exactly how much my check will be without fail.

Salary was hard to get used to, but i really am enjoying it now.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #136
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

By choice: I resigned my position of 5 1/2 yrs on 12/15/14. Today, I accepted the position at my local hospital to be an Environmental Service Technician.

This will be my 4th career choice since graduating college in 1980. My fear was my past careers and education and age: may have *disqualified* me. I am happy to say none of the above did!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #137
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Unemployed looking for a job!

This is harder than I expected seeing I usually work for family.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #138
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't remember if I posted before, so will post anyway...

I am a high school administrator. I never thought that I would choose to be in education or stay in education but somehow I became passionate. I walk the halls of the school and know every student's name, their history, and at least one thing they are interested in. I enjoy the idea that I might make a difference even if I never know it. The possibility is there and that's kinda incredible.

I do have other dreams and one day I may follow them, but for now I continue on this path I'm on. Everything happens for a reason, right?
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #139
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

I changed jobs a month ago. Same field, different title, different organization. I love the organization. Love the flexible schedule. Strongly dislike the mess the last case manager left for me. I cuss him out daily. I'll get it smoothed out eventually.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #140
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I am the director of a large and busy sign language interpreting agency! I have no life, I work 24/7, I'm always tired but it's all worth it

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job