Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

As much as i love that Biden won so many states..i really am worried he will not be strong enough to deal with Trump..he seems tired...I guess we shall see what he will do when he debates Sanders. If he can't defend his policies and deal with his past mistakes, Trump will crush him...and we have to win this time or this country is toast...I have never been a Sanders fan but if he is able to vanquish Biden then it is probably for the best...i hate to admit that..but this is no time to play favorites. I think Sanders will run the country like he has his Senate seat, lots of flailing arms with no good legislation..look at his record...but at least it won't be Trump..I could stand 4 years of normal for a change. So i will hold my nose and vote for Sanders, if it comes to that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2020, 11:48 PM   #782
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

So Rachel Maddow interviewed Sanders tonight and she went over how there has been no significant increase in youth and new voter turn out in the primary so far, including all of the Super Tuesday states, and he just blew off the question and couldn't answer it. He still is claiming he would have record-breaking turnout in the general. Just unreal. His whole premise for being the best candidate to take on Trump is a huge fat lie. It's so irresponsible to make these claims with so much on the line.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #783
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I gather young voters did come out in California but not as expected elsewhere. Re Bernie, he did acknowledge that turnout was not what they had hoped though apparently not on Rachel Maddow. I might not admit weakness on her show either if I were Bernie. She would probably do a celebratory dance. She really hates him.

If the DNC and the liberal media help defeat Bernie again, they better follow through and elect their lame ass centrist candidate this time. Last time they couldn't and blamed it on us. Such complete bullshit. But maybe they learned their lesson. Surely no one could be as complacent, arrogant and incompetent as Clinton and her campaign.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #784
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I suppose, we will soon discover whether Warren is a less selfish, self-centred politician ( person ) than Sanders and quits the race. I suspect in all decency and selflessness, she will. Sanders supporters better pray she is, though there is no reason to think it will help them.

Sanders ( and all Americans ) just might reap what he sowed when his intransigence helped get Trump elected with the subsequent result of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh ( and who knows how many more will come ) sitting on the US Supreme Court long after Bernie has moved on to Valhalla.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #785
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Warren drops out

Apparently, Warren is ending her presidential campaign - it was a good & honest campaign; her plan was realistic, unlike Bernie's financial plan - which is still a big fat lie. He lies a lot, will say anything to win, to have power, and he doesn't apologize for his words; he also blows off women who confront him with his lies - like he blew off Maddow. I don't think Maddow hates Bernie, I think it was clear that she didn't trust him and was just being polite, you would have to be a fool to trust him. Another old white man who hungers for power, making promises that can't be realized.

All his financial plans, even that of wiping out student debt seems fabulous and over the moon. Here, in Canada, we pay for our education. [I paid off all my student debts, btw.] Loads of poc in the U.S. are poor, living simply, and just working check to check; they are poor and most of the things that Bernie is promising have little to do with their daily lives.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #786
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
As much as i love that Biden won so many states..i really am worried he will not be strong enough to deal with Trump..he seems tired...I guess we shall see what he will do when he debates Sanders. If he can't defend his policies and deal with his past mistakes, Trump will crush him...and we have to win this time or this country is toast...I have never been a Sanders fan but if he is able to vanquish Biden then it is probably for the best...i hate to admit that..but this is no time to play favorites. I think Sanders will run the country like he has his Senate seat, lots of flailing arms with no good legislation..look at his record...but at least it won't be Trump..I could stand 4 years of normal for a change. So i will hold my nose and vote for Sanders, if it comes to that
Biden is no one's fool ~ quiet thunder, he can take Trump on ~ w/ class
Old 03-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #787
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

If I were an American and had an opportunity to vote for Warren, I'd risk "prison" and vote for her a hundred times over. What an amazing, graceful, decent, human being.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #788
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I see no evidence that Rachel hates Sanders. She was polite and professional as she always is with all of her guests. At one point she talked about being a progressive herself and that a lot of what he said made sense to her - I can't remember exactly what she said but she was empathizing with him.

It's not the DNC and liberal media taking Sanders down - it's the voters. He is losing at the ballot box. Full stop.

Another thing that bugged me about Sanders - talking about Biden taking money from corporate donors blah blah blah. He won many states on Super Tuesday without spending a dime, having field offices, or even visiting the states! He was the one running on a shoestring budget. Yes, it's his name recognition and people knowing him - Sanders has been in politics as long as Joe has.

People aren't just lining up behind Biden because he is "establishment." Joe knows how to connect with people and build teams and build consensus and build up goodwill just from being who he is.

Amy Klobuchar was asked by Lawrence O'Donnell last night whether she had talks with Biden about a position in his administration and she said no. Maybe she will end up there anyway. But she said she had known Biden for a long time. When he was in the Senate still (which would have been when she was a new Senator) she was giving a speech one day basically to an empty floor and felt no one was probably listening. Then she gets a call in her office. It was Joe Biden telling her he had listened to her speech and called to tell her it was good. He does stuff like that all the time and people remember - sometimes many years later.

Sanders is turning real negative on Biden now. His divisiveness and toxicity and negativity need to go. I hope Biden buries him at the ballot box very, very soon.

Elizabeth Warren is proof you can be a progressive without all of the divisiveness and ugliness. I wish her well and hope she doesn't endorse Sanders.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #789
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Rachel said a lot of rude things about Sanders in 2016. Even her own pundits called her on it. It was a thing. People noticed and talked about it. I am not going to argue that. Jeez.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #790
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Loads of poc in the U.S. are poor, living simply, and just working check to check; they are poor and most of the things that Bernie is promising have little to do with their daily lives.
Not just POC. There are many poor POC, but not all POC are poor, and not all poor people are POC.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #791
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If we keep sinking candidates like Elizabeth Warren, we’ll never get the leaders we need.
JOHANNA SCHNELLER
SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL/PUBLISHED MARCH 5, 2020

I’m not going to feign impartiality here: I am heartbroken that Elizabeth Warren has dropped out of the U.S. Democratic primary race. Once again, a highly intelligent, qualified, organized, thoughtful, empathetic candidate couldn’t get traction with American voters – in large part because she is a woman. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Democrats – I am one, a U.S. citizen who votes in Pennsylvania – insist they want the opposite of Donald Trump. No one is more opposite to an ill-informed, lazy, petulant, divisive, underqualified liar than Ms. Warren. So what stopped voters from embracing her? They call it caution: “Yes,” goes the conversation I’ve had dozens of times with dozens of people in the last dozen months, “it would be great to vote for my ideal candidate, but Trump is so dangerous, we must elect the practical candidate, the person who can beat him, and I just don’t think Warren can.”...

Meanwhile, the two males who defeated her are the embodiment of shouty, and of risky. To impersonate Joe Biden, Stephen Colbert puts on a pair of aviator sunglasses, tips his head back and YELLS. To do Bernie Sanders, Larry David hunches over, waves his arms, and YELLS. To do Ms. Warren, Kate McKinnon bounds around energetically and whispers. But somehow Ms. Warren is the one who’s too strident.

As for risky – the people I’ve been talking to admit their fears: that Biden is too bland, too middle-of-the-road to appeal to young voters; that Sanders is too divisive, too polarizing to attract the former Trumpers suffering from buyers’ remorse. But they consider those acceptable risks. We must be honest about why that is.

Full confession: I considered not voting for Ms. Warren, too.

Then in the most recent debate, Ms. Warren assailed Mr. Bloomberg, and shook me out of my fugue state. She called him out on his specific practices, his specific ethos. She critiqued things he had done, and explained clearly why they were not acceptable. I actually blushed with chagrin. The ways I’ve been conditioned to put men’s needs first! The things I am willing to forgive powerful men for! And if I’ve internalized the patriarchy to that degree, everyone has.

The spaces of power, the boardrooms and government offices, were not designed for women, or queer people, or people of colour. They’re not set up for our needs. Some of us get in there by accommodating, by contorting ourselves, by lying low or going high, by pretending we don’t notice that we’re being looked through or talked over.

Ms. Warren didn’t pretend to be less than she is. She is smart. She is organized. She does know what she’s talking about. She believes we should listen to her. She knows she’s right about a lot of things, and she doesn’t apologize for it. That threatens, consciously or unconsciously, the public’s comfort level. People love Mr. Sanders’ authenticity, and Mr. Biden’s. Ms. Warren’s authenticity, however – it’s just a bit too much./...

If we keep cutting and running from women candidates at the last minute, we’ll never get the leaders we want. We’ll just keep getting the ones we deserve.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #792
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I think Sanders is still viable. There are more than enough states left, and his campaign got a good look at where their weaknesses are. The youth vote did not turn out as expected, for example. Maybe the youth are freaked out by that and will flood the polls in the next few states.

Also Latinx. Texas has a lot of effectively disenfranchised Latinx, but maybe those in the next few states will see this as a wake up call, as well.

I will support Biden, though. It's like eating a Little Debbie when you could have had a donut, but i like Little Debbies ok
Old 03-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #793
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
If I were an American and had an opportunity to vote for Warren, I'd risk "prison" and vote for her a hundred times over. What an amazing, graceful, decent, human being.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #794
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Referring to the Coronavirus, President Trump announced there was nothing to worry about and the virus will be gone in days.

It was a bit difficult to make out what he was saying because he was wearing a gas mask and in a bunker 30 feet below the White House.

His only concern was that there may not be enough oxygen down there for all his family so Tiffany may have to take one for the family.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #795
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

watching Trump touring the CDC facilities ...he looks terrified and never takes his hands out of his pockets.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #796
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
watching Trump touring the CDC facilities ...he looks terrified and never takes his hands out of his pockets.

He's such a germaphobe. I'm shocked he even went there!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:01 AM   #797
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
He's such a germaphobe. I'm shocked he even went there!
seems he was dragged by the hair...two minute delay while he go a combover.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 06:27 PM   #798
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
seems he was dragged by the hair...two minute delay while he go a combover.
I agree ! He doesn't have enough heart or the mind to have empathy for those who have been afflicted or what to do with a global crisis. Some leader he makes ~ he's deff. a bottom. lolololol bottom Donald. lol and I find your posts amusing as well ~ lol well put homeo !
Old 03-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #799
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...est-photograph
Old 03-11-2020, 12:13 AM   #800
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I actually took a look at headline news on several major networks and it's looking like even mid-America is surging in Blue with support for former Vice President, Joe Biden.

And, while that is a good sign, I saw another tiny little news story (otherwise known as a giant big Red Flag) on how that horrid person in the WH is distracting voters with his latest wrecking ball plan: No payroll taxes.

What a massive load of baloney (BS). You can't run government without the tax base paying taxes. Hundreds upon thousands of government employees, including executive branch members of Congress, The House and other important executive branches operate on tax money procured from American tax paying payers. WTF is that person thinking (rhetorical)?

When will the Republican party come to see how this person is wrecking the country, one wrecking ball slammed into every corner of society? And put a stop, put the kibosh, on this mad person's lunacy???

I also read, partially, the news report about Cliburn (D-SC, House Majority Whip) talked about how he thinks it is a good idea to appoint a African-American woman as Biden's vice presidential running mate. Could they be tendering the name of Georgia's voter advocate warrior, Stacy Abrams?

She would make a helluva Vice President, is what I think.

Like a good many people in America, I am sick of the upending of our democracy by a person who should have never been seated as POTUS.

But it was good to see the mid-section of America making their voices heard loud and clear. Out with you know who, and In with Joe Biden.

Here's to the ever growing Blue Wave of voters who are making their voices heard. I hope it keeps snowballing to the end, and we see the official ouster of that disturbed person who is wrecking ever corner of America.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election