Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #9841
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Breaking down bricks together
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #9842
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

This flipping back over to day living is harder than it looks...

I'm stuck in a fall asleep around 7pm and wake up around 3 loop...

My bio-rhythm is all screwed up and when you factor in the cold...

Well my life is do something, lay on the sofa for a couple hours, do something, lay on the sofa for a couple hours...

I'm sick of tv, sick of the computer...

whine, whine, whine...
Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #9843
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Intense eyes that seem to see through me, as they always have

And now I'm going to bed before I get in trouble.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #9844
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

Sex for breakfast-Christina Aguilera asking myself why you sitting here eating a bowl of cereal. (lol) I might need to reconsider this behaving after this song. (lol)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #9845
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation
Default Call to Action

Next week I attend a conference of roughly, 3,500 LGBT activists, allies, advocates, lobbyists, justice workers and those who represent faith communities that are welcoming to all of us.

As I prepare for the work that I am to do at this conference, I am opening up memories of the past year, and the pain that others have shared with me, in the struggle for equality. The struggle, by the way, is getting old. The very fist time that I exchanged information with an LGBT civil rights advocate so that we could work on marriage equality, was 21 years ago. I was so much younger and full of fire for the fight.

Now I see how much the fight has cost us. Sometimes I want to wake up and have this all be over and done with. I do not want to read about another family torn apart, another same sex couple denied rights, benefits, services. And in the worst of the worst case scenario's, I do not want to read about the death of one more partner who trusted that the military, or her company, would do the right thing and release benefits to her partner.

My soul...literally every fiber of my being, is aching for change to come, to see my people treated as equal in the eyes of the law. Will I allow this to define me or my purpose on this earth?

Hell no...because in my world the ultimate source is my higher power. Love. By all of the names that we call our higher power, God, Goddess, Earth Mother, Buddha, Allah, Spirit of Life, The Divine, Maker, the great unknown...I call this love. I have never believed in a punishing God. If there is a source that is greater and all loving then so be it, and let it love each of us equally.

Ahead of me lies a huge and life changing responsibility. I have to deliver the right words to my people, who come to this convention open, vulnerable, hungry for knowledge and community, seeking, teaching, working, and often, hurting. Finding the words that are going to help them on their journey has not been the easiest thing for me, so I step back, and I witness. What I see is pain all around me. What I see is a community of civil rights advocates who are not going to allow a second class citizenship be a reality for any of us.

What I see is hope.

What I see is a pathway of justice burning brightly leading us into the future.

So as the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force convene's next week, in Atlanta, the home town of Dr King, let us remember the messages that he wanted all of us to take with us:

"We can not walk alone" & "Do not sleep through the revolution"

Each one of us can be a contributor to this revolution that is ongoing and being carried out by the few to benefit the many. If you have not written or called a Senator or Representative regarding a piece of legislation or a concern, now is the time.

As the new legislative sessions begin, log on to your state website and get updates, we need all of you to be all in. If you need training to learn how to do this, we can teach you.

We need one another, because we can not walk alone. There will be no marriage equality, or stronger hate crimes legislation, access to adoption for all people, fairness ..if we do not do this work together.

Please, waste no time. Use tomorrow to join the movement.

Thank you

Sun

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #9846
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

What's for lunch...

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #9847
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I'm awake.... I think that's what we consider this.

Currently, I consider it semi conscious and in serious need of coffee.

I have homework to do.

This week is a big one academic wise.

And last night is on my mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #9848
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brilliant, Sun!

Thank you for sharing that piece with us. I feel fortunate to have you as an advocate! I'm so excited about this opportunity you have at the NGLTF to get your message out. You ARE going to be an inspiration.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #9849
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Friends are on my mind. I am worried about how they are doing. I am sure they are well. I am thinking about getting to know some of them better, long conversations and shared moments.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #9850
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Next week I attend a conference of roughly, 3,500 LGBT activists, allies, advocates, lobbyists, justice workers and those who represent faith communities that are welcoming to all of us.

As I prepare for the work that I am to do at this conference, I am opening up memories of the past year, and the pain that others have shared with me, in the struggle for equality. The struggle, by the way, is getting old. The very fist time that I exchanged information with an LGBT civil rights advocate so that we could work on marriage equality, was 21 years ago. I was so much younger and full of fire for the fight.

Now I see how much the fight has cost us. Sometimes I want to wake up and have this all be over and done with. I do not want to read about another family torn apart, another same sex couple denied rights, benefits, services. And in the worst of the worst case scenario's, I do not want to read about the death of one more partner who trusted that the military, or her company, would do the right thing and release benefits to her partner.

My soul...literally every fiber of my being, is aching for change to come, to see my people treated as equal in the eyes of the law. Will I allow this to define me or my purpose on this earth?

Hell no...because in my world the ultimate source is my higher power. Love. By all of the names that we call our higher power, God, Goddess, Earth Mother, Buddha, Allah, Spirit of Life, The Divine, Maker, the great unknown...I call this love. I have never believed in a punishing God. If there is a source that is greater and all loving then so be it, and let it love each of us equally.

Ahead of me lies a huge and life changing responsibility. I have to deliver the right words to my people, who come to this convention open, vulnerable, hungry for knowledge and community, seeking, teaching, working, and often, hurting. Finding the words that are going to help them on their journey has not been the easiest thing for me, so I step back, and I witness. What I see is pain all around me. What I see is a community of civil rights advocates who are not going to allow a second class citizenship be a reality for any of us.

What I see is hope.

So as the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force convene's next week, in Atlanta, the home town of Dr King, let us remember the messages that he wanted all of us to take with us:

Each one of us can be a contributor to this revolution that is ongoing and being carried out by the few to benefit the many. If you have not written or called a Senator or Representative regarding a piece of legislation or a concern, now is the time.

As the new legislative sessions begin, log on to your state website and get updates, we need all of you to be all in. If you need training to learn how to do this, we can teach you.

We need one another, because we can not walk alone. There will be no marriage equality, or stronger hate crimes legislation, access to adoption for all people, fairness ..if we do not do this work together.

Thank you

Sun
Thats awesome buddy-I've known you a while now and you are always doing such noble things- thank you for all your great volunteer efforts see ya on the down low
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #9851
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post

What I see is hope.

Thank you

Sun

You are such a powerful speaker. That post moved me - I have actual goosebumps. I agree with you. The struggle has cost us far too much but I refuse to give up on hope or love.

The world around is IS changing and although there is a lot of work to be done, we can each contribute to making the world a better and safer place for the LGTBQ community, our allies, all of those who have struggled before and those we stand together with in their time of struggle.

I am in solidarity with you, Sun. Have a wonderful trip and may the memories of your experience lead you further on your path to continue spreading the word of light and love.

Namaste!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #9852
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Patriarchal customs, rituals and overall oppressive nature. I know that's a heavy thought for a beautiful monday morning, it's there none the less. Work is on my mind. It seems as though I may have knocked on the window of opportunity today. Hopefully I will be able to set my own schedule or find a way to make the next month or two less exhausting. I love what I do - I would just like some time to actually rest before the next week starts.

Work itself should be a good pace until spring break - then it will no doubt pick up.

I am still learning that a good barber is hard to find and even harder to hang onto? I didn't realize this so much until a conversation last night. It seems as though my travelling shop idea may actually be sustainable!

What else is on my mind? Breakfast or brunch, a friend, dreams, a few songs still floating around & all of these projects that I still have on the huge platter I have set out for myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #9853
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Can't wait...

Motorcycle season...getting a new spiked leather...buying a new set of cream-colored buckskin chaps, corsetted vest and cowboy boots.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #9854
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The school work I need to get accomplished.

All the what I so lovingly call "red tape" phone calls I need to make.

How ironic that it is that my bio-family is all of a sudden haunting me with texts for my help and support.

Friends old and new with the ability to get closer to them.

How hungry I am....

How much I do not like her new work rules that prevent the random texts through out the day but how proud I am of her for following those rules and not getting in trouble. Since I know it is hard on her too.

Decisions always more decisions that need to be made.

The pain level I am in and how much I miss the medication that at least made it bearable on some days.

Did I say the school work I need to get accomplished but am avoiding right now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #9855
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Reaching out to a friend in need and wishing I could cross the miles to give them the biggest hug in the world

Everything will be alright. I'm here to listen and help in any way I can.

Last edited by bright_arrow; 01-21-2013 at 02:24 PM.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #9856
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default What Is On My Mind........

I am watching all the Presidential Inauguration coverage. I am thinking of the President's speech and what the next four years may hold. Today, once again I felt hope. To hear the words Stonewall, Gay and Lesbian spoken from the President's lips before the world, well I have lived to see history being made.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #9857
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's the ebb and flow of good & bad...

my dad has been home from the hospital a total of 5 days and he's already picking back up his bad habits

the sun is shining bright and almost feels like spring

waiting for test results

a friend's daughter is in labor as we speak

a dear friend's mother is in ICU and the prognosis doesn't look so good
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #9858
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking about so many things: my job, the Reunion, loving my Daddy and how perfect we fit together, getting my passport for the Reunion, saving up for the flight and spending money, weight loss, the gym and just life in general phew that's alot

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #9859
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

a friend is ...
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #9860
Daktari

...what to do when you think someone is possibly about to be 'played' on the internet but you know they won't believe it.