Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #121
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Complainers piss me off. ...

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Say, you go to a restaurant, order fish and the waiter brings you chicken. Yes, this you're allowed to complain about. Politely. And without being a jerk. And then you're allowed to get over it. The server's mistake should not be the topic of conversation for the next 2 hours.

Is traffic bad? Yep. Probably. I don't know a city in the US where traffic isn't kind of sucky at some point during the day, most days. Get over it. Don't make me listen to your diatribe every time you get behind the wheel. Seriously. Turn on the radio and find your happy place.

Oh, is the line long at the grocery store? Probably. Expect it. Get over it. Move on. Don't make everyone in the store listen to you rant about the lack of minimum wage cashiers... no one wants to hear it (they can all see it) especially the hard-working cashiers.

I could go on but I think y'all get the picture.

Maybe my Polly Anna attitude irritates someone else out there. But you know what? I don't care. I try really hard to live and enjoy each moment in my day. And I'll never understand people who walk through life steeped in angst and loathing.

Smile for goodness sake! It doesn't hurt, it's free and it's freaking contagious
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #122
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i have a small FB pet peeve

people posting from their jobs about how horrible their jobs are.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #123
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i have a small FB pet peeve

people posting from their jobs about how horrible their jobs are.
I have an FB one too.

The posts that "Person X just checked in at Business ABC."

Hmmm, you are obviously hours from home. And making that info public online. Makes me have visions of burglars/home invaders etc.

Really? I *never* post that I am going to be out of town if that is the plan. And I have someone at my place when I am gone but I still refuse to publize my immediate location.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #124
TimilDeeps

How Do You Identify?:
queer fucker
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mine
Relationship Status:
I'm dating myself. It's really working out. I think I'm the one!!!

Thanked 1,471 Times in 445 Posts
TimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
I have an FB one too.

The posts that "Person X just checked in at Business ABC."

Hmmm, you are obviously hours from home. And making that info public online. Makes me have visions of burglars/home invaders etc.

Really? I *never* post that I am going to be out of town if that is the plan. And I have someone at my place when I am gone but I still refuse to publize my immediate location.

True dat. And I think there were a few burglary rings a couple of years ago that used facebook to target their victims.
TimilDeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimilDeeps For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #125
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

Ok here's a strange one that I think only bothers me. If its raining out but very lightly, do you think you really need your wipers on full blast? I find it distracting. I'm really not sure why it irks me???
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #126
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

People who miss or are late cor appointments!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #127
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

People who just, flat out, cannot seem to ever get to work on time.

We have that happen all the time where I work, particularly from the (get this) ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY!!!!

Obviously, it's a far different military, these days, from the one I joined 33 years ago.

~Theo~
Old 03-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #128
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

You might be surprised at how many people get ticked at people who are early, particularly if they themselves are chronically late. I am chronically early, often arriving a half hour to 45 minutes early for appointments. I know i'm an early person, nearly always, so I always bring something to work on while I wait. I have gotten the "look" and comments from people with whom I have an appointment, because i'm early,lol. I'm like look, I don't care if I have to wait, at least i'm here and I can keep myself busy while you do your thing.

ETA: I'm also chronically early for work and I get the stink eye from coworkers for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
People who just, flat out, cannot seem to ever get to work on time.

We have that happen all the time where I work, particularly from the (get this) ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY!!!!

Obviously, it's a far different military, these days, from the one I joined 33 years ago.

~Theo~
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #129
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
You might be surprised at how many people get ticked at people who are early.

I hate when people are always early. If I request that you are at my place at 2:00, please do not arrive before 1:55. I get a lot of cleaning/primping done in those last 30 mins.

~note~
exception made for out-of-towners or relationship partners who love me despite my not being ready when you arrive early

Old 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #130
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
You might be surprised at how many people get ticked at people who are early, particularly if they themselves are chronically late. I am chronically early, often arriving a half hour to 45 minutes early for appointments. I know i'm an early person, nearly always, so I always bring something to work on while I wait. I have gotten the "look" and comments from people with whom I have an appointment, because i'm early,lol. I'm like look, I don't care if I have to wait, at least i'm here and I can keep myself busy while you do your thing.

ETA: I'm also chronically early for work and I get the stink eye from coworkers for that.

Ya, I can understand how that goes, but I suppose you also have to consider the work venue. I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital and all off-going shifts must give a shift report before they can leave.

When workers are chronically late coming in to work, it keeps other people from leaving on time. Getting out of there late makes it difficult for folks like me who are on a tight schedule and, because of health issues, must get enough sleep between shifts in order to physically function. In my line of work, being chronically tired can have a direct effect on one's capacity to make what are sometimes life and death decisions. We work with other people's lives in our hands.

So yeah, I do get really aggravated when some folks are chronically late for work. I don't care if they stink-eye me for being early. It also hasn't escaped my observation that these same individuals who are always late just looooove to get out of work a bit early, too. Well, one hand washes the other. If someone wants to come in early to relieve me, then I'll happily return the favor and come in early to relieve them. Ya gotta GIVE to GET. Don't expect to leave early when you're always arriving late.

~Theo~
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #131
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

When I had a caseload of clients I used to see, I didn't care how early they came for their appointment-as long as they didn't expect to be seen sooner than they were scheduled as I had an appointment scheduled every hour (county mental health). If someone did cancel- that was different.

Now, personal plans with friends or a date? Different story! Don't be knocking on my door 1- hour, 1.75 hours early! I am probably in the shower or dressing and you would get the stink eye for arriving that early or I might not even answer the door!

Am I on time? Yes I am. I aim for being dressed and ready to go at least 15 minutes before I need to be.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #132
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Lol, i'm commenting strictly on work. I haven't been to a party or someone's house in years, other than my best friend and he is always uber prepared in advance.

Quote:
I hate when people are always early. If I request that you are at my place at 2:00, please do not arrive before 1:55. I get a lot of cleaning/primping done in those last 30 mins.

~note~
exception made for out-of-towners or relationship partners who love me despite my not being ready when you arrive early

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #133
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

~note~

Well, when it comes to going to someone's house, you certainly don't want to arrive inordinately early. I can certainly understand that.

Work is an entirely different matter. At work, your employer is paying you to be on time.

~Theo~
Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #134
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Work, strictly work and doctor's appointments! I haven't been on a date in many years, but I don't think I would be THAT early. What would be the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
When I had a caseload of clients I used to see, I didn't care how early they came for their appointment-as long as they didn't expect to be seen sooner than they were scheduled as I had an appointment scheduled every hour (county mental health). If someone did cancel- that was different.

Now, personal plans with friends or a date? Different story! Don't be knocking on my door 1- hour, 1.75 hours early! I am probably in the shower or dressing and you would get the stink eye for arriving that early or I might not even answer the door!

Am I on time? Yes I am. I aim for being dressed and ready to go at least 15 minutes before I need to be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #135
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i don't showing up early for stuff, a few minutes but beyond that why do this? Appointments are made for a reason!

The stuck turning signal

People who drive TOO slow, that is just as dangerous as speeding because now everyone has to go AROUND you.

People who drive from the passenger/back seat while i am driving!.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #136
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Mainly because I hate being late but also because I have nothing better to do and can work anywhere, with my laptop.

Quote:
i don't showing up early for stuff, a few minutes but beyond that why do this? Appointments are made for a reason!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #137
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

The stuck turning signal

People who drive TOO slow, that is just as dangerous as speeding because now everyone has to go AROUND you.

People who drive from the passenger/back seat while i am driving!.
Haahaahaaahaaa! Dee, ya ever get the air brakes from the passenger side?? I hate that!!
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #138
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Haahaahaaahaaa! Dee, ya ever get the air brakes from the passenger side?? I hate that!!
yup, my mother usually has one foot through the floorboard and the other puffing on a cigarette, while hanging from the roof in sporadic *bracing* moves. i want to put her in the trunk.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #139
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Mainly because I hate being late but also because I have nothing better to do and can work anywhere, with my laptop.
i'd rather wait in the car than walk in very early
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #140
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

I understand but I can't squeeze my laptop into a good position in my little Eurocar, lol. I also live in Buffalo and would freeze my butt off in the winter.

Quote:
i'd rather wait in the car than walk in very early
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:

Tags
pet peeve