mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

i shot my first wedding this past weekend, on staten island. a little nervous, but not too bad. have a look, if you'd like to see.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #242
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

I do mostly fashion and portrait work, I'm trying to get my foot in the door for wedding photography, currently working on getting an assistant job. ^_^ I have a website but its sorely out of date, I've been too busy to take any portfolio worthy shots... T_T

~Fashion/Portrait ~

~Wedding ~

~Architecture ~

No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #243
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
anything that will be a good long term investment that I can possibly hook up to a printer to print photos and onto my computer to upload images..

maybe something also with a timer and a tri pod. .

First something just to catch some great scenery photos with what I mentioned up above and then second to consider the timer and tri pod. . I want options but not have to spend too much to get started. Thanks!

Most all cameras come with a self timer now. Tripod is a must if you are going to do anything other than chase active beings around. Most cameras come with a USB cord to plug right into a printer.. or a computer then printed from there...

There are pretty much 3 categories of cameras....

The point and shoot that I posted earlier costs 100.00 -200.00.. not much control on them but some, I don't know what your level of experience is but you can get some really great point and shoot cameras these days, most of the postcards I sold in Oregon were with my point and shoot.

The second is this kind:

Cost between 300.00 - 500.00.. the lens is attached so you have no cost with buying lenses, and some zooms are really good. You can shoot in full point and shoot automatic, semi automatic or fully manual. I had one that i loved, I just wanted more control.

The 3rd is this kind :

Just the body with no lenses cost at least 500.00 up to 5,000.00. The lenses are seperate. I have the 40d shown above and got it used for $500.00.. my lenses are between 200.00 and 800.00 each. So this is quite an investment all at once. The common recommendation is to get a good camera, but put your money in the lenses.

I hope this helps.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #244
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Wil , the wedding pics came out great..
I am sure the couple was pleased, I am not brave enough to shoot people because I suck at lighting! I prefer to shoot a bug or a tree.

I was out in the barn this evening and saw some really great lighting and creepy webs and such, I think I will set up a shoot in there..
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #245
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Wil , the wedding pics came out great..
I am sure the couple was pleased, I am not brave enough to shoot people because I suck at lighting! I prefer to shoot a bug or a tree.

I was out in the barn this evening and saw some really great lighting and creepy webs and such, I think I will set up a shoot in there..
thanks, dee. if they hadn't been friends of mine for years, i'd likely have said no. i feel a little more confident about weddings now...so, may look into doing some of that. not that i'm looking to make that my living, but some cash here and there is certainly nice. and, you know i love shooting people. these are just dressed up people.

how about shooting the webs with lightning popping in the background? that would be some cool stuff. please share what you get, ok?

i'm a rambling man

The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #246
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
thanks, dee. if they hadn't been friends of mine for years, i'd likely have said no. i feel a little more confident about weddings now...so, may look into doing some of that. not that i'm looking to make that my living, but some cash here and there is certainly nice. and, you know i love shooting people. these are just dressed up people.

how about shooting the webs with lightning popping in the background? that would be some cool stuff. please share what you get, ok?
Will do ! Thanks for the nudge, I always back out of these things.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #247
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Will do ! Thanks for the nudge, I always back out of these things.
you know i'm here to nudge (or butt kick) if you need it.

i'm a rambling man

Old 08-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #248
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
you know i'm here to nudge (or butt kick) if you need it.
*nods*.. thank you, evening light is great will try that
Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #249
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Ok first of many, the barn is amazing and until I got in there to shoot it, I had no idea how many millions of pics I want to take in there!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2826199&type=1

Honest comments and feedback is welcome please!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #250
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

as you may or may not know, we've got a bunch of wildfires going down here in tx. there was a relatively small fire a couple miles from the house, so we went looking for it. and we found it. of course, we couldn't get to a place where we could see the fire (they keep blocking the damn roads), but i did manage to get some shots of the army helicopter that was doing water drops on the fire.

you can see them here, if you care to have a look.

i'm a rambling man

Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #251
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Ok first of many, the barn is amazing and until I got in there to shoot it, I had no idea how many millions of pics I want to take in there!

not sure how i missed this post, dee. sorry for coming late to the party.

it's a nice set. what lenses were you using? a couple of the shots seem a wee bit distorted (not in a bad way), and i'm curious what you shot with.

you did pretty well capturing the cobwebs...those things are hard to get good focus on. well done! one thing you might want to tuck away for future cobweb shooting is taking a spray bottle with water in it with you. since the webs are so delicate, they can be hard to see. if you mist them, they stand out more, especially if you can get a dark background with the light coming in over your shoulder to illuminate the water beads.

thanks for sharing...looking forward to seeing more of that barn. oh, and the last shot in the album (barn from a low angle) is my favorite. really like the perspective on that one and the way it accentuates the sky.

i'm a rambling man

Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #252
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
not sure how i missed this post, dee. sorry for coming late to the party.

it's a nice set. what lenses were you using? a couple of the shots seem a wee bit distorted (not in a bad way), and i'm curious what you shot with.

you did pretty well capturing the cobwebs...those things are hard to get good focus on. well done! one thing you might want to tuck away for future cobweb shooting is taking a spray bottle with water in it with you. since the webs are so delicate, they can be hard to see. if you mist them, they stand out more, especially if you can get a dark background with the light coming in over your shoulder to illuminate the water beads.

thanks for sharing...looking forward to seeing more of that barn. oh, and the last shot in the album (barn from a low angle) is my favorite. really like the perspective on that one and the way it accentuates the sky.

I heard about the spritzing for spider webs, which I still want to do, or using a shot of glycerin which hangs on to the webs more, but these are cob webs and I thought it may weigh them down too much, but hell it's worth a try..part of me gets the eebie jeebies creeping around for shots and that is what gets my adrenaline going only I keep forgetting what I am doing. I used my 18-135mm lens I THINK and I may have thrown on the Wide angle.

Mostly I just have fun shooting the creepy places. Upstairs in the barn has beautiful light coming in through the slats, gotta get up there soon, it will be too dang cold to do so! Also wanted to do some Fet shots up there, large beams are great for lots of fun stuff.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #253
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
as you may or may not know, we've got a bunch of wildfires going down here in tx. there was a relatively small fire a couple miles from the house, so we went looking for it. and we found it. of course, we couldn't get to a place where we could see the fire (they keep blocking the damn roads), but i did manage to get some shots of the army helicopter that was doing water drops on the fire.

you can see them here, if you care to have a look.
I can't get the page to open
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #254
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

really cool black and whites!!! I like the title "creepy" it is a lil
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #255
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
I can't get the page to open
link worked for me. it goes to my fb page...maybe keep trying it? facebook has been wonky lately for me.

i'm a rambling man

Old 09-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #256
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

My latest.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #257
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE your work! REally awesome..and I can almost smell the hay, the horses, and the musty old barn smells....excellent eye there CD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
really cool black and whites!!! I like the title "creepy" it is a lil
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #258
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Just throwing this back out here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystalds79/
I upload new ones once in a while. Working on a new batch at the moment actually. I'm still new at everything, so I like hearing feedback. And be honest: if they suck, tell me so that I can learn! lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #259
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default WOW!

YOU are also quite accomplished! Those are some incredibly amazing shots, there Ms. Dixie!!!! VERY talented!!! Thanks for sharing the link! PS I DO NOT like snake ones....ewwww...make me hurt myself...lol
Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #260
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybabytwo View Post
YOU are also quite accomplished! Those are some incredibly amazing shots, there Ms. Dixie!!!! VERY talented!!! Thanks for sharing the link! PS I DO NOT like snake ones....ewwww...make me hurt myself...lol
Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. Sorry about the snake pics, but I just love those! lol Nature is definitely my favorite subject, and a lot of those come from my own backyard.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote