Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Texas Forums

Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #1781
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Sorry if I sounded ugly.

You didn't......
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #1782
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
So......what are You packin'...... Is Dick Cheney with You?

Hint: walk behind him.

I got heat, lady.

But you can bet your buns I won't be anywhere NEAR Cheney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
Yo, Gemme, you're in the music capitol now! BBQ menus generally are pretty limited, cuz they focus on the BBQ. Bands make their money off tips. Not tipping the band is a felony! They only have a limited amount of time to collect 'em.

It's all listed on page 342 of your Welcome To Austin Handbook. Right past the diagram about the correct pronunciation for "Buda."
The manual needs to be rewritten. Some of us have sophisticated palates and don't like to reach into our purses or pockets when we're elbow deep in bbq.

Quote:

Yes. Try 2" and no salt or mag chloride on the roads.

What people in other parts of the country tend to forget is that we don't have the preparation y'all do. So we have 1" of ice with 1" of snow over that.

Come down for a spin. I'll stay inside. Even seasoned winter drivers can't handle ice driving without salt.
I was out on the roads today and it was much different than when in WA. Ya'll (not YOU, just most of ya'll Austinite type folks) haven't a CLUE how to drive on roads in that condition.

I tried to get up Banister and couldn't, so I let Ella slide back into the parking lot and went the other way and then several OTHER ways until I could find a damn road whose hill was small enough to accomodate my pretty and delicate flower of a car. It took me the same amount of time to find a safe route out of the neighborhood and onto the highway as it normally takes me to get to work.

I found no less than 15 drivers (out of the 100 cars, max) that I came across that were tailgating and slipping and sliding and just acting a fool this morning. If the hill's too steep, continually squealing your tires will get you nowwhere. And fast.

Unlike WA, there were no plows. No salt. No sand, except for ONE bridge. Twenty miles is a looooong distance when you are driving a speedy 20 miles an hour on I35.

Vroom, vroom!

There's gonna be ice out there tomorrow. Be safe, everyone!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #1783
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Austin is a great town. That is all. Carry on. I'm just in a super good mood.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #1784
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Very true, and I realize that. I'm just teasin' y'all. I know that even 1" of snow - esp over ice - is dangerous no matter if you are prepared or not - esp 'black ice' which we get alot in these here parts. Glad it's all gone, tho.

You're smart staying inside...can I have some hot chocolate after I'm thru 'spinning'? lol

Quote:

Yes. Try 2" and no salt or mag chloride on the roads.

What people in other parts of the country tend to forget is that we don't have the preparation y'all do. So we have 1" of ice with 1" of snow over that.

Come down for a spin. I'll stay inside. Even seasoned winter drivers can't handle ice driving without salt.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #1785
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

I feel for the brothers and sisters in Austin. Those hills can be treacherous. We've just had to contend with ice on overpasses, and closures of the high, arching exit ramps.

We ventured out for a little while late yesterday, before sunset, to get some Pappasito's chips, salsa and dessert. We're hunkered down, but I've got such an urge to go to Kemah for some oysters. Guess I'll have to wait until another day.

Houston even had an ice delivery, of the baby nature. A woman was driving to deliver, and had an accident on the way to the hospital. Not a great time for ice on the highway.

Prepping to make my reservations for Diva's B-Day bash.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #1786
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Very true, and I realize that. I'm just teasin' y'all. I know that even 1" of snow - esp over ice - is dangerous no matter if you are prepared or not - esp 'black ice' which we get alot in these here parts. Glad it's all gone, tho.

You're smart staying inside...can I have some hot chocolate after I'm thru 'spinning'? lol
Texans will tell you we don't know how to drive on ice. It's such a rare thing here.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #1787
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just when I think I'm beginning to narrow things down.....we find new apartments on youtube.

*hears the opening strains of 'Neverending Story'*

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #1788
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Not cranky at all - if anything, perhaps a tad impatient with us folks who just dont 'get it'. But taking the circumstances at hand, one can understand why. It's hard to imagine a place that's always sunny and warm (for the most part). I was raised in NYC, lived in NJ many years, and now in PA for the past 8 years. It's hard to imagine a place with no snow, or that dreaded black ice. Given alot of thought, I can now understand why folks with your climate, and not having the right equipment, have such a hard time with the current weather.

Quote:
Sorry. My last post comes across a bit cranky. It's just that I've lived in Colorado through three back-to-back blizzards and at least one other that I can think of. I've driven in that nastiness.

I used to laugh at people up there who couldn't drive in downpours. They'd be pulling over to the side in what, to me, was just a little boomer.

So, I guess, what I need to remember is that we each have our own experiences. Sorry if I sounded ugly.

The is an organ of fire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #1789
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

♥♥♥(¯''•*♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*•♫♪ *♥♥♥¸.•''¯)
░G░O░(¯''•. ░P░A░C░K░ ♪♫•*•.░G░O░¸.•''¯)
♥♥♥(¯''•.¸ *♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*•♫♪ *♥♥♥¸.•''¯)
░G░O░(¯''•. ░P░A░C░K░ ♪♫•*¨*•.░G░O░¸.•''¯)♥♥♥
♥♥♥(¯''•*KEEP THE WAVE GOING! ¨*•♫♪ *♥♥♥¸.•''¯)

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #1790
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Steelers.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #1791
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

As always, I had a great time at Pup and Oiler's. There's something so relaxing about yelling at the tube with my lap full of dachsunds. Thanks for opening up your home to us.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #1792
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
As always, I had a great time at Pup and Oiler's. There's something so relaxing about yelling at the tube with my lap full of dachsunds. Thanks for opening up your home to us.

Anytime my friend! You know we love having you all over! And of course, the little girls absolutely love sitting in your lap!

Glynn and Pup
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #1793
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

PupOil.......thanks once again for having us all over for a fun evening!

It was really lots of fun screaming "PACKERS"......over.....and over again....out loud......<giggling>

Food was great....I rolled my first (and more than likely LAST) cigarette.....and it was nice to be able to sit outside for a bit!
Your home is always so welcoming and warm.....thank You again!

I'm having balls for breakfast....just sayin'......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #1794
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #1795
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
PupOil.......thanks once again for having us all over for a fun evening!

It was really lots of fun screaming "PACKERS"......over.....and over again....out loud......<giggling>

Food was great....I rolled my first (and more than likely LAST) cigarette.....and it was nice to be able to sit outside for a bit!
Your home is always so welcoming and warm.....thank You again!

As always, wonderful to see you! It's always fun to watch you,,,uh,,enjoy the game in your own special way! It's true that cigarette rolling in likely not your forte. Summer is just around the corner and we will be outside more. Do enjoy your breakfast,,,,,won't you??

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #1796
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

"balls!" said the queen. "if i had two, i'd be king."

just puttin' it out there.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #1797
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
As always, wonderful to see you! It's always fun to watch you,,,uh,,enjoy the game in your own special way! It's true that cigarette rolling in likely not your forte. Summer is just around the corner and we will be outside more. Do enjoy your breakfast,,,,,won't you??

Glynn

Hee hee.....

"....in my own special way..." SORTA sounded like "Bless her heart!" lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #1798
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Dear Austinites and those who love us and those who may not be Facebook friends,

I'm having a party at my place on Saturday March 5th. I would love for you to come help me share this time.

I'm celebrating my 50th year on this planet as well as throwing a housewarming party. Since Mardi Gras is on my actual birthday this year (March 8th), I thought I'd throw down Louisiana-style.

I'll have some gumbo for the "real" food along with king cakes. You can come fancy or casual, I don't care. I'm not real picky that way. I just want to see your smiling faces.

So PM me if you want more information (like the address and time.) I'll try not to post this invitation more than once or twice more (lol) but you are most warmly invited.

Love,
50IsABigDeal Femme
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #1799
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Aw shucks, missing this by 9 days...bad timing, I would've love to attend. But, the 'luck of the Irish' will be with me - I'm arriving on St. Patty's Day. In the meantime, I wish you a very advanced, but hearty Happy Birthday - may you grace the planet another 50 years!!

Quote:
Dear Austinites and those who love us and those who may not be Facebook friends,

I'm having a party at my place on Saturday March 5th. I would love for you to come help me share this time.

I'm celebrating my 50th year on this planet as well as throwing a housewarming party. Since Mardi Gras is on my actual birthday this year (March 8th), I thought I'd throw down Louisiana-style.

I'll have some gumbo for the "real" food along with king cakes. You can come fancy or casual, I don't care. I'm not real picky that way. I just want to see your smiling faces.

So PM me if you want more information (like the address and time.) I'll try not to post this invitation more than once or twice more (lol) but you are most warmly invited.

Love,
50IsABigDeal Femme

The is an organ of fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #1800
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

A great time was had by all, (well, maybe not E-), at the PupOil home! I just want to say Glynn has the best balls...
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TxBelle For This Useful Post: