Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #30
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Seconding Basil Hayden on the Bourbon front.

Vodka: Belvedere or Vodka 14 (a local Colorado all organic delish in a bottle)
New favorite cocktail: Strawberry Balsamic Martini. nom nom nom.

Gin: Hendrick's

Wines: I prefer Malbecs to just about anything else. Currently my favorite, if I can find it is Zapata's 2004. So good. If you're on a budge the Gascon which is available from places like Cost Plus / World Market is very drinkable.

Beer. Oh how I love a good beer. When I travel I make a point of drinking a local brew.

Some of my favorite Domestics:
- Harpoon IPA out of New England. A pint of this and some chowdah? Lovely.
- Fireman's #4 out of Texas. When it's the freakin' hot I like a nice pale ale.
- Honker's Ale or 312 out of Chicago. The Goose Island Brewery is what I 'grew up on' as it were, from a beer perspective. Honker's is their flagship offering and 312 is also very nice.
- 2 Below from here in Colorado is one of my favorites. It's a winter seasonal though. For year round enjoyment I've recently gravitated to Titan IPA.

Imports I enjoy:
- Sol from Mexico - another great beer for a nice hot day.
- James Squire Amber, XXXX and Carlton Draught from Australian. Despite what some might like you to believe, Foster's is most certainly NOT Australian for beer. I have yet to find a store here in Denver that stocks any of these. The best I can get is Tooheys. Which is a poor substitute, sadly.
- Bavaria from the Netherlands. I'm also a fan of Amstel (NOT light) but you cannot get that in the states. It's not made for export.
- Fuller's London Pride out of the UK. One of my best days ever was spent sitting in a pub in London writing for hours over a couple of pints of LP.
- Asahi from Japan. Lots of people prefer Sapporo but Asahi just has a nice clean flavor for me. If you get to Japan do try a Suntory. I wish it was available in the states.
- Harp from Ireland is my go to beer which is available in most places that stock any sort of imported beer.

Edited to add - Can't believe I forgot my all time favorite - Chimay. A Trappist Belgian beer. I prefer their red and blue label over their white.

After all that I think I may enjoy a drink tonight.