Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Yeah. She's a real intellectual.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #22
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Columnist calls it as she see's it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuhz43FwEsA"]YouTube- Ann Coulter Got What She Deserved?[/ame]
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Who's the blond dumb-ass, and why does she think Canada wants our "free speech" ?
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Who's the blond dumb-ass, and why does she think Canada wants our "free speech" ?
I don't watch Faux News, dunno.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #25
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Me either, hence the ?? At lease I know it's faux news ty!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 03-24-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

I"ll get back to you on that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #27
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Earlier on her tour in London, Ontario (University of Western Ontario)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mBKQEiA6p4"]YouTube- Ann Coulter To Muslim: Take A Camel[/ame]
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down unbelievable

Coulter's Calgary Cry: 'Save the Good Canadians'
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

With all the ranting on American news channels and by Coulter herself about freedom of speech, what they all failed to address was the right to protest. I am a firm believer in the right of the people to voice their discontent, whether it be with the government or with anything that occurs in their own nation, on their national soil, no matter their opinion. I don't actually have any qualms with people like Coulter publicly expressing their opinions (despite the fact that I don't agree with them), but the Canadian people have the right to protest against that opinion. What did she want to happen? The police to go in, in full riot gear, firing rubber bullets and tear gas into a crowd of 2,000 students? I'm afraid she's mistaken Canada for a police state. While police are present at protests, they generally don't start taking violent action against protesters unless the protesters do, and while they may have threatened violence, they didn't actually physically harm anyone.

That said, I'm not sure if I agree with what the protesters did or not, since I do believe that everyone should have the right to free speech no matter their opinion. Some liberals and left-wing types really do give themselves a bad name by acting just as fanatical as their right-wing counterparts. But it was good to see people take action in a country that is often apathetic. When I was a teenager (so not even a decade ago...hell barely half a decade lol) there were far more protests here in Canada, and in the last few years it's like people stopped caring unless it was about something that was happening in a foreign country. It's good to see Canadians stand up for something going on on their home turf...now if only we could drive Stephen Harper out of Canada the same way...Not surprising that Coulter was such a big hit in Calgary though. They've always been pretty ultra-conservative over there.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Hah!!! I knew it was Faux News and I didn't even have to see a logo...

*smirk*
Old 04-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #31
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

I don't blame Canada for not wanting our problems.

It is not intolerance to refuse to tolerate the intolerant. It's just self-defense.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote