Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #441
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sending positive and warm energies, healing love to CatalinaRose, to her sister, and to all else who have a need for some...and to all the Brave Warriors here......may you all find the good karma, serenity, and healing that is needed.....we are all here for one another! I heart you all..and each of YOU are a HERO to me...Clay
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #442
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
Hi Everyone. I got my results today but I can't even think about them because an hour later my oldest sister called me to share news of her own. She was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with lymphoma. She has several spots and one large tumor in her left lung. I think the name if it is B-cell lymphoma. She started chemo last Friday and is feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything. She apologized profusely for not telling all of us siblings earlier but said she just needed time to come to terms with it all herself.

I am in shock. And I am so fucking angry at cancer. Lisa is this amazing, bright light of a beautiful person. She has always taken so much pride in her health...she teaches vinyasa yoga and is a massage therapist and is about to enter her thesis semester in grad school. I was laying in bed just now trying to fall asleep and the tears just came out of no where. It felt so good to have a long cry.

Please keep my wonderful sister in your thoughts if you can. And thank you all for letting me vent. I probably will be scarce for a bit since I'm entering finals week, but you are all never far from my heart.
I'm sorry this is happening to your sister. I will keep both of you in my thoughts.

When you can, please let us know the results of your colonoscopy. I, and I would suspect others, are concerned about it since you said in a prior post that you suspect that you will have to get a bowel resection. That is pretty serious stuff, so I am concerned.

Take care and hang in there the best you can.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #443
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Dapper, Thank you for being patient with me while I re-group.

So all but one of the polyps removed were PRE cancerous. Since my situation has been so unusual, along with such a stong family history of cancer, my doc sent them off for further genetic testing which all came back negative. YAY!!! So I do NOT need any further surgeries but will go back in six months for another colonoscopy and if that comes back fine then I go every year for the next five years. Since the adenoma on my appendix and colon was self contained they will monitor me closely, possibly scheduling a PET scan in the Spring and hopefully that will be that. Everything thus far has been found VERY early and has all been self contained so has been very easily treatable. The biggest concern was the mass on my appendix because they were worried it had perforated my bowel. Thankfully that did not happen! My sister's cancer was also detected VERY early. Since she was diagnosed as a stage 4, she was concerned that she had beein living with cancer for a long time. Her endo seems to think this all started about 4 months ago. I am just so thankful they found hers so early. And also thankful that we are both so in tune with our bodies that we know when something isn't right.

Thank you all for your support. It means more to me than you know. It so much easier for me to talk here about this than to anyone in real time. I just don't like that kind of attention, if that makes sense.

Hugs and love to all, CR.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #444
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

[[[[[[[[[[ CatalinaRose]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers! so glad your news was on the positive side!
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #445
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have another quick question for those of you who have had radical hysterectomies due to cancer. Since we can't do hormone replacement therapy, what are some effective ways you all manage hot flashes and sleepless nights. My mood has been amazing since having everything out and I LOVE not having a monthly period, but the hot flashes are killing me! I have such empathy for menopausal women now...I had NO idea how yucky hot flashes could be.

I am still running which seems to help and I no longer drink alcohol <sniff> but are there other things we can do?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #446
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have another quick question for those of you who have had radical hysterectomies due to cancer. Since we can't do hormone replacement therapy, what are some effective ways you all manage hot flashes and sleepless nights. My mood has been amazing since having everything out and I LOVE not having a monthly period, but the hot flashes are killing me! I have such empathy for menopausal women now...I had NO idea how yucky hot flashes could be.

I am still running which seems to help and I no longer drink alcohol <sniff> but are there other things we can do?
Catalina - have you looked to see if their are supplements that are recommended to help with hot flashes? If it were me, I would start there.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #447
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

So....I've known that my mother was lying to me....and she arrives in two days. This is the timing in which she usually "comes clean" because she knows she can't lie to my face and get away with it.

They have extended her chemo another 6 months...and apparently she's not responding as well as she had been letting on.

Her doctor has also said that she needn't go to Miami to the top-rated chemo center for treatments, but can go right here in PSL and that will be "just fine."

I'm pretty sure that's because the chemo isn't curing anything...and is just delaying the inevitable...and he's stopped pretending otherwise.

Fuck.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #448
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

(((((((((((((((((((Debby))))))))))))))))))))))
I heart you, my beautiful and lovely friend!! Congratulations, honey!!!

(((((((((((((((CatalinaRose))))))))))))))))))))))) )
Hugs to you, keep that spirit..and a BIG hug to your sister....smiles..

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DB))))))))))))))))))) ))...Have a wonderful week....hugs to you...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((COUNTYFEM)))))))))))))))) ))))) you are the BESTEST!!! You so rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! THANK YOU!

(((((((((((((((((((((((JustJo))))))))))))))))))))) ))))....big hugs to you..I so hope your mom will be allright..and you will enjoy the visit...hugs to you both.,..
to all the other BRAVE WARRIORS....fight on...and stay strong! I know I am!!!
I heart you all...big butch hugs..Clay
Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #449
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
So....I've known that my mother was lying to me....and she arrives in two days. This is the timing in which she usually "comes clean" because she knows she can't lie to my face and get away with it.

They have extended her chemo another 6 months...and apparently she's not responding as well as she had been letting on.

Her doctor has also said that she needn't go to Miami to the top-rated chemo center for treatments, but can go right here in PSL and that will be "just fine."

I'm pretty sure that's because the chemo isn't curing anything...and is just delaying the inevitable...and he's stopped pretending otherwise.

Fuck.

{{{{{{{{{{Jo}}}}}}}}}}}}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #450
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

This is coming from the woman who LOVED the COLD so much, I sufferred thru frostbite TWICE.....black cohash tea!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #451
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
This is coming from the woman who LOVED the COLD so much, I sufferred thru frostbite TWICE.....black cohash tea!
Oooooh yes! Someone else mentioned this to me the other day. We were sitting at breakfast with a dear friend of mine, Amanda, and my oldest says to me, "mom, why is your face all shiney?" I was literally melting but trying to hide it, lol. OK, black cohosh tea, CHECK!
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #452
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clay update

K ya'll Clay is in surgery, will be 4-6 h, I'll update when its all said and done. Send good vibes her way!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #453
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countyfem View Post
K ya'll Clay is in surgery, will be 4-6 h, I'll update when its all said and done. Send good vibes her way!
Thanks for the information. So strange, I was just about to click on this thread to ask about her.

CountryFem, PM me (or post here), if either of you have any questions about recovery. I had a colon resection last year, so let me know it I can be of any help.

For me, it was a rough recovery. But, part of that is because I had to get it done twice (2 weeks apart), due to adhesions, so how "rough" it is, is probably a bit skewed for me. I do know that I wondered if I was having a normal recovery from time to time, so if I can be of help, I am here.

Also, remember to take care of yourself while taking care of Clay.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #454
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I always make a donate for cancer , My mother died of lung and bone cancer back in 1984 and my best friend from high school died also from bone and lung cancer in 2000 and she was only 36 years old. So here I leave a lited candle for all those to remembering.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #455
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Default Clay 2

Quote:
Ok first part is OVER the Histo is done, doc said everything was contained within the uterus and that it looked precancerous...great news there. They sent it off to be sliced and diced to confirm. The second part is now under way....

Dapper, thanks for the thoughts, and you can be sure we'll be hitting you up with any questions!
Right now I'm running off coffee, I'll catch up with myself later!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #456
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Ok first part is OVER the Histo is done, doc said everything was contained within the uterus and that it looked precancerous...great news there. They sent it off to be sliced and diced to confirm. The second part is now under way....

Dapper, thanks for the thoughts, and you can be sure we'll be hitting you up with any questions!
Excellent news, CF! Sometimes the nastiest looking uterus comes back the cleanest. You just never know!! Clay is gonna feel SO much better having all that out.

Thank you for the update and please take good care of yourself!!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #457
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

please give Clay Desd's and my love we will be thinking of her and sending good thoughts. thank you so much for the updates
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #458
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Clay is out of surgery, she did great...the doc's were real pleased with what they didn't find! Both spots were contained, all parts removed cleanly...including the nodule that was found next to the mass. They have sent the leftovers to the lab but both the doc's feel real positive, so keep your fingers crossed.
She has just been moved to an interm room as they want to keep a close eye on her tonight. I got to see her briefly and she has good color, they are doing a great job of pain managment and her stats are great. Once they get her into her spot on the ward I'll be able to go sit with her till 7, then they are gonna kick me out till 8 am Lucky for me they have some comfy couches in the waiting area and they supply pillows and a blanket.

Stay tuned!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #459
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Clay is out of surgery, she did great...the doc's were real pleased with what they didn't find! Both spots were contained, all parts removed cleanly...including the nodule that was found next to the mass. They have sent the leftovers to the lab but both the doc's feel real positive, so keep your fingers crossed.
She has just been moved to an interm room as they want to keep a close eye on her tonight. I got to see her briefly and she has good color, they are doing a great job of pain managment and her stats are great. Once they get her into her spot on the ward I'll be able to go sit with her till 7, then they are gonna kick me out till 8 am Lucky for me they have some comfy couches in the waiting area and they supply pillows and a blanket.

Stay tuned!
Thank you for letting us know - please tell Clay I'm thinking about her and sending my love and best wishes.

Hope you're doing well, too!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #460
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks for the up date on Clay,give her my best when she is awake enough,im sending loads of energy and good vibes.It wont be long till she will be flirting with the nurses.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: