Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ok, soooooo....

I haven't posted on this because I am not an attention whore when it comes to this type of stuff and I don't like people feeling bad for me or anything like that. But I realized that NOT posting on this makes me feel like I am not being genuine in my interactions on here, or something. So, in order to post on OTHER things, I realized that I HAVE to post on the most significant thing going on in my life right now...lol

Geez, after that intro:

FYI: I recently had surgery for colon cancer. I was diagnosed on 8/5/10, and had the surgery on 8/19/10. I am ok and I am home getting better. I have to have some chemo, but won't meet with my oncologist until next week. According to the colorectal surgeon (again, haven't met with the oncologist, yet), it will be 6 months of chemo, but it shouldn't be too tough...maybe like once every two weeks or something. Anyway, I should be in tip top condition after that and fortunately, it did not spread to any organs.

I am lucky.

I will probably be out of work for another 2-3 weeks in order to heal and will start chemo in about a month or so. I have support and people to take care of me (again, lucky).

That's all. Just needed to say that out loud!

Carry on, folks!

P.S. I plan to be at next year's reunion instead of "under the knife"!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I haven't posted on this because I am not an attention whore when it comes to this type of stuff and I don't like people feeling bad for me or anything like that. But I realized that NOT posting on this makes me feel like I am not being genuine in my interactions on here, or something. So, in order to post on OTHER things, I realized that I HAVE to post on the most significant thing going on in my life right now...lol

Geez, after that intro:

FYI: I recently had surgery for colon cancer. I was diagnosed on 8/5/10, and had the surgery on 8/19/10. I am ok and I am home getting better. I have to have some chemo, but won't meet with my oncologist until next week. According to the colorectal surgeon (again, haven't met with the oncologist, yet), it will be 6 months of chemo, but it shouldn't be too tough...maybe like once every two weeks or something. Anyway, I should be in tip top condition after that and fortunately, it did not spread to any organs.

I am lucky.

I will probably be out of work for another 2-3 weeks in order to heal and will start chemo in about a month or so. I have support and people to take care of me (again, lucky).

Carry on, folks!

That's what I like about you Bro, your integrity. Be well my friend.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing you nothing but the absolute best DB. There is so much love and support in this community. Will be looking for you next year in LR.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
That's what I like about you Bro, your integrity. Be well my friend.
Thanks, Corkey. I appreciate you saying that, as I respect you for the same reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Best of luck to you Dapper, hope your recovery is quick and smooth.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

positively positive! a great attitude!!!
grab yourself a pipe... pack it with natural herbs and be glad that it fixes all the ills associated with the chemo!
seriously... if you have stomach problems... hit a pipe...
its fool proof...
and... im damned glad to hear that you are doing well... its good to hear strength behind your post!

rlin...
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

If we were better friends I would now make some inappropriate comments about pain in the ass. But we're not, so you just go ahead and pretend I didn't say what I didn't just say.

Be well, Dapper. You're good people.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Best of luck to you Dapper!
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper, I have noticed you were not around much lately. Thanks for sharing with us about yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts, best wishes to you, my friend.

Grey
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
If we were better friends I would now make some inappropriate comments about pain in the ass. But we're not, so you just go ahead and pretend I didn't say what I didn't just say.

Be well, Dapper. You're good people.
Ahhh...but I do so appreciate your wit!

Lets just say that after 40 years I have switched from Scott to Charmin Ultra Soft!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Geez, after that intro:

I am lucky.

Carry on, folks!

thank you for sharing this.

now we can all send you healing thoughts (the love and support of your community does NOT make you an attention whore).

there are more than a few of us who have had to deal with chemo or are in the process of having chemo right along with you.

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to share the brighter side of chemo with you.

i am SO glad they caught it in time and that your surgery was a success.

you are now on official woo status and that will end up being a priceless gift.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ahhh...but I do so appreciate your wit!

Lets just say that after 40 years I have switched from Scott to Charmin Ultra Soft!
Did you know Cottenelle has an aloe version? Yes indeedy they doooo.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
thank you for sharing this.

now we can all send you healing thoughts (the love and support of your community does NOT make you an attention whore).

there are more than a few of us who have had to deal with chemo or are in the process of having chemo right along with you.

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to share the brighter side of chemo with you.

i am SO glad they caught it in time and that your surgery was a success.

you are now on official woo status and that will end up being a priceless gift.
Thanks, SF, I appreciate that. I also know that you genuinely mean it, which is damn cool.

And yes, I am very, very lucky. I waited a LONG time with symptoms. Too long...so yes, I am indeed lucky.

P.S. Thanks for the comment on the attention whore, thing. I do appreciate any healing thoughts, etc. from others.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It's actually horrible. I bought it once because I thought it would be fantastic - but it actually left a bit of a residue on my nethers and made them feel less than clean.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
No, I did not...well hell, the latest 12 pack of Charmin with be gone soon...lol

Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #16
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
It's actually horrible. I bought it once because I thought it would be fantastic - but it actually left a bit of a residue on my nethers and made them feel less than clean.

We bought the stuff by mistake, it was gross, but it was soft.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #17
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Hmmm.....

I'm a big "flushable moist wipes" fan myself after the toilet tissue....

Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We bought the stuff by mistake, it was gross, but it was soft.
So, how exactly was your original post supposed to be helpful? LOLOLOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
So, how exactly was your original post supposed to be helpful? LOLOLOL

The soft part dude the soft part LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper, don't really know you but i do know OF you, seeing your posts.

First of all you are very courageous and genuine and you posting about this shows tremendous strength and gives out positive energy that will flow back to you.

Secondly, I encouarge you, as a nurse, to seek out all advice on here and elsewhere as far as diet changes, healing of positive energy, continued laughter, light heartedness and white light. As a nurse, please feel free to pm me if you want and I'll answer you or gather any info that i can to help answer any questions you may have.

Third please know that now I, as many here, am sending you healing thoughts, loads of well wishes and a positive outlook to an ending of that which is trying to enter uninvitied swiftly leaving you in your near future so that you can put it in your past and get on with your life.

Best wishes....

ps. ty for those that posted on the tissue info...it is good advice to keep in mind and on hand (no pun intended, well ok maybe it was)
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: