Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #201
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Aubrey Beardsley (the Victorianists weren't necessarily prudes)

Not-so-work-safe <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<clicky at home

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #202
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Enigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~Women in Art~

~Women in Art~

Quote:

by Philip Scott Johnson

500 Years of Female Portraits in Western Art

Music: Bach's Sarabande from Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007 performed by Yo-Yo Ma

Nominated as Most Creative Video
2nd Annual YouTube Awards
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #203
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Rubens

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #204
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

http://womenpaintingwomen.blogspot.c...n-kaapcke.html

Today on the Women Painting Women blog
http://www.karenkaapcke.com/
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #205
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default "David" < > Michelangelo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo

Located in Galleria dell'Accademia, Florence, Italy.

“Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come.”
Michelangelo
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #206
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation
Default john martin (1812)

this painting hangs at the st louis art museum. it's always a treat to see.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #207
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This lovely Monet makes me want to live there....looking out over the ocean.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #208
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Jean Michel Basquiat. Basquiat is was a brilliant postmodernist/neo expressionist artist. Check out Maya Angelou's book Life Doesn't Frighten Me. His intense paintings paired with her words...it is amazing.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #209
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default re: Edward Hopper

I like Edward Hopper. His realistic yet haunting pictures speak today as much as they did to his time. My favorite picture of his is of a man in alone in a dinner looking across the area. His image of reflection and almost despair speak to me of the way people must feel now, with all the unemployment, foreclosure, etc.
If I knew how to put a picture in a post, I would put that one.
Lady_Wu
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #210
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default Frida Khalo :: is my hero

In the face of it all, she lived and loved passionately, without apology, she knew she was worthy of LOVE.
Now that's a real WOMAN, I want to be like her......................
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #211
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Wu View Post
I like Edward Hopper. His realistic yet haunting pictures speak today as much as they did to his time. My favorite picture of his is of a man in alone in a dinner looking across the area. His image of reflection and almost despair speak to me of the way people must feel now, with all the unemployment, foreclosure, etc.
Lady_Wu

Allow me, it's one of my favorite paintings.

"Nighthawk" by Edward Hopper.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #212
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Wu View Post
Lady_Wu
seems to be his most recognizable piece and i agree - the recurring theme of alienation/solitude depicted via these rich "slice of life" images with striking perspectives is what drew me to his work. does hit home.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #213
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Girl in Chemise - 1905 ~ Pablo Picasso

The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 AM   #214
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Metropolitan Museum of Art - Erotic Scene "La Douleur"

http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_ar...210003565&vT=1

Picasso often painted erotica in his early years. Over 100+ years later, it displays in one of the world's most important museums. Progress.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #215
rawk

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
engaged

rawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bathus: Solitaire(La patience)

I did not even know this painting existed until I wandered by it at the Art Institute of Chicago, in 2003. It reminds me of alone time when I was a kid...and is a very candid scene. I've since read up on Balthus to discover he was somewhat of a perverted voyeur; but this piece is just incredible.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #216
rawk

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
engaged

rawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond repute

When I visited Paris last December, I could not take my eyes off this craft. She is on the way to Mona Lisa; and I spent around 1 minute at Mona Lisa...and 20 staring at, photographing, and musing on Nike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I guess I'll stop my posting orgy after this, but I wanted to add the Nike (or "Winged Victory") of Samothrace. She may be headless, but she's powerful and magnificent. She's from the 3rd century BC.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #217
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

This painting is called Cliff by Monet. Normandy was the region that Monet loved, and this was painted by him there. To Me.. the serene... the warmth of the painting is what strikes Me.

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #218
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Georgia O'Keefe is My all time favorite artist. I love her watercolors especially. The depth in each painting of her's just "wows" Me. This is a pastel that she had done. I was fortunate enough to see her works in a museum out West a few years ago. It is a moment in time I will always remember. The same for visiting the Ansel Adams museum in Monterey, CA.

This one is called Blue Flower and was painted in 1918.

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #219
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Winslow Homer ~ Sloop, Bermuda

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #220
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Van Gogh has always been a favorite, and particulary his Starry Night and Starry Night Over the Rhone.

Anything related to stars I absolutely love, and the colors captivate me.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post: