Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breaking The Stereotype!

I saw a thread similar to this on another (no, not that one) site and thought it would fit in quite well here.

I am a firm believer in the theory that what we wear, say, think, do, like/dislike does not make us butch or femme. While I don't see it much here these days, there is still the occasional "That's not [butch/femme/trans/etc]" in reference to something one may say. I still have moments when I cringe after hitting the submit button on a post because I realized that someone may read it and think "That's not very butch!". It's almost impossible to not buy into it in some way when it's been such a huge part of our culture for so long. But the truth is, I'm not a stereotype. There many things I do, and don't do, that could be seen as un-butch. There are many things my partner does that could be seen as un-femme. I think it's time we owned up to our differences and celebrate these things are make us individuals and not just a stereotype!

So, without qualification or justification (or fear of ridicule*) please share with us those things about you that break the stereotype!

*I would really like this to be a fun, perhaps silly, maybe empowering, definitely enlightening thread. If it gets ugly, I will personally drive down to The PDX and hold a puppy hostage until June hits the delete button.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Hi I'm E, I'm butch. I can't change my oil and have never changed a tire and I'm okay with that.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

~ I do not change my own oil.

~ I knit.

~ I'm not really fond of fire and do not grill, use the fireplace, make campfires.

~ My fun reading is mostly books found in the Romance section of your local bookstore.

~ I like chick flicks.

~ I've had a life long crush on Robert Redford because he looks so damn good in a cowboy hat.

~ I own women's shoes.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Hi I'm E, I'm butch. I can't change my oil and have never changed a tire and I'm okay with that.
that's HOT!

(my dad made me change my oil at 16--you're really not missing much)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Hi, I'm June and I'm a Femme. I stuck my hand up a chicken butt this week and want everyone to appreciate this as a traditionally Butch thing to do, but I broke through the stereotypes and just went for it.

Oh you trailblazer!

Hi, I am butch, I can change the oil, tires and the engine if need be, but I rather pay someone else to do it as my time is very valuable.

I scream "like a girl" (maybe because I once was one) when I unexpectedly find large moths in my apartment.

That is all I am willing to share right now and only because I don't want any puppies to be kidnapped or hurt during this exercise.

Last edited by UofMfan; 05-28-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Forgot who I am.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm femme

I can and have assembled furniture

When I was in CA visiting my mom, I troubleshot/repaired and set-up my mom's laptop and wifi (including taking her to Fry's to purchase RAM and then installing it for her)

I just went shopping with Erin at the Leatherman Warehouse sale and purchased several tools for myself (and for gifts)

I kill the spiders in the house

I can dead lift 130 lbs

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm all about one-up-person-ship

My name is Brandy. I am Femme. I think performing cunnilingus is fun.

I also pick my nose (it gets itchy up there, fuck off!) like reptiles and amphibians a whole lot, am loud and opinionated, and once punched someone at a bar cuz she sloshed beer on me.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Oh you trailblazer!

I can change the oil, tires and the engine if need be, but I rather pay someone else to do it as my time is very valuable.

I scream "like a girl" (maybe because I once was one) when I unexpectedly find large moths in my apartment.

That is all I am willing to share right now and only because I don't want any puppies to be kidnapped or hurt during this exercise.
Thanks for playing but... the bold parts above are what I meant when I asked people not to qualify or justify. It's really hard for me not to do. "I own womens shoes." (but only two pairs and that's because I kinda have to for work blah blah blah). The reasons why don't matter and it doesn't make me "less butch". I guess I'm just challenging people to not worry about perception and just be honest. My hope is that someone may come to this site, confused because they think they're butch but wear women's underwear, and find a place where they can discover that's ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i will drive through alleys and swerve off of the road to check out something that someone's discarded. also, i'd race you to a dumpster.

just now we were picking up e's truck and i 'caught' myself walking 5 steps ahead and readying myself to deal with talking to the mechanic, looking over the bill, whatever the stuff is that you do--if it's your truck. (not sure if that speaks to my femme-ID or it just means i'm controlling/bossy but it's typical-me)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation
Default well im gonna bite this one off lolol

I cry like and wail and hurt at things like hurt animals or crying little kids or if i feel sad--i used ot hate feeling so sensitive and i always have to fight that voice inside that says stop crying you look stoopid

My Woman is the Dom and i like it that way--bossy women are hot

I have long curly hair and it will always be long i wish i could dread it --hey im a beach bum from hawaii and my hair has always been long and usually bleacehd from the sun if i had my way lol

my underwear is like the el cheapo hanes from wally world in all kinds of fantastic colors because i dont really give a fuck about what i wear underneath my clothes since they dont usually stay on long anyway lol and the people that i care about dont give a fuck what i wear underneath my clothes lolol

I do not own womens shoes and no womens clothes but mah woman can rock the hell outta a skirt lol

I wouldnt change the oil on my car for anything id rather someone else do it

but i can change a tire and i can lift heavy shit when i want but im a lazy fucka
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm Jo and femme...

I own and use a snowblower. When the electric starter died I just started using the pull-start.

I remodeled my home office - including hanging sheet rock, framing in a window and moving all the furniture alone. This included using power tools...which I own.

I've never had my hand up a chicken, but have had my entire arm up a pregnant cow more times than I can count. Smallest hands on the dairy...tag, I'm it.

When it's time to put the air conditioner in the bedroom window, I just carry it up to the second floor from the basement. It weighs about 60 lbs.

I have ridden a bull. I did not make it to the buzzer.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

i want one of these:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Hi, I'm June and I'm a Femme. I stuck my hand up a chicken butt this week and want everyone to appreciate this as a traditionally Butch thing to do, but I broke through the stereotypes and just went for it.

its supposed to be a hand??? well that explains the confusion of my butchness lol

[B]of course it could also be bc...
i dont know how to change oil in my car
i wont change the tire on my car unless i HAVE to
ive had a huge crush on patrick swayze since...always
i scream like a girly girl when i see a snake
i hate to break or chip a nail(not long just short and nice)
im not even close to be mechanically inclined
just to name a few...wpouldnt want to lose my butch card altogether..
[/B
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm Jo and femme...
I have ridden a bull. I did not make it to the buzzer.
awww honey i told you we didnt NEED that buzzer! lol

oh wait this is "break the stereotype"...habit sorry! please continue
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have changed my oil.
I do my own taxes.
I boss everyone around.
I am the disciplinarian in my home.
I barter with sales people/plumbers/technicians/mechanics
I belong to MENSA
I was a project manager in a male dominate workplace
I assemble furniture, electronics and troubleshoot all the repairable stuff here.
I read instructions.
I ask directions.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i want one of these:

OOOOH imagine the FUN you could have in that?!

My grandparents lived in the Sierra Nevadas... my poppy had one of these:

Though he used it to go out in the woods of their land, so it was not as nice as this one.

I always told him that I wanted it. If he ever decided to get rid of it...to tell me!

He sold it and then he died a couple years ago.

I still want one.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #17
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

oh yeah i forgot i will run and hide and go into spasms when spiders or wasps or hornets are in my vicinity

mah woman has had to protect me many times from the evil creatures and yes i can scream loudly when they come near me although i always try to run away first lol
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #18
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Let's see:
I sew.
I make jewelry.
I don't follow sports, they bore Me to death, like I'll fall asleep, deliberately if you try to make Me watch it.
I don't do anything mechanical.
I cry watching shows about animal cruelty and I always cry when the Ewoks friend dies in Return of the Jedi, every single time ...
I love the colour pink, I even had hot pink hair up until recently.
I write poetry for My babygirl.
I admit to always feeling happy whenever the good guy gets the girl in a movie.
I use hand lotion, frequently, and if my fingernails are in a sorry state, I use clear nail polish on them.
That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I'll have more to add at a later date though.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #19
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

~ I bake.

~ I talk. A lot.

~ I like fruity drinks served in coconut shells with little paper umbrellas.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

hmm...
gonna give this a shot...

I panic when I see hornets/wasps/yellow jackets real close by....I don't "Squeak", or "Scream all Girly"....but you'll Definitely know, w/o a shred of Doubt

I will Coddle random furcritters, and baby talk....

Not fond of Camping in the Forest...

Although I enjoy Surfing, I prefer a very Chlorinated Pool {less sharks, y'know?}

I'm really picky about my shampoo/conditioner/body-hand soaps....And clothes detergents....

I'll spend Lots of time in a Greenhouse/Flower Store...

Occasionally, instead of Home Improv. area, you'll probably find me in the baby/toddler area lost in thought over what I'd purchase IF i ever had kids...

My bedsheets have Got to be clean, and soft and very Warm, occasionally, I'll pick Light colours...If I can afford egyptian cotton 400 + thread CT., I'll be on cloud 9 for weeks.

Don't know much about car maintenance..

Even less of Plumbing...

Don't even try to ask me to repair anything {unless u have the # of a Pro or an Explicit Manual}...

I'm a good Cook, and I luv makin desserts...

I like all sorts of Ballads, Power Ballads, Love Songs, Classics, Sexy stuph etc etc....

{i'm sure there's more...but..for now...meh}