Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #81
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I seriously don't get why anyone would be bothered by a ten year boy being in a women's restroom.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #82
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I understand how scary "different" can be. Whether it should or shouldn't be scary isn't the issue for me with this situation. If someone is uncomfortable by my presence, my first thought is not about educating them or asserting my rights, it's about defusing the situation to make them less frightened. I can usually do that with a smile, a nod and a simple, "Hello" while I make my way in or out or am washing my hands. It may take a second for it to register in their mind but once it does, I'd like to think it has a more positive affect, in the long run, than being confrontational.

I would much rather someone, in a restaurant for example, walk back to their table and maybe tell an amusing story about incorrectly thinking a man had walked into the ladies room rather than go back to their table all pissed off because someone berated them in the restroom when they were just confused and may have stared a moment longer than necessary.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #83
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

I don't know truly why folks can't just take a piss in whatever bathroom is available. I don't know why they even put signs on the doors. Seems like if a plane travelling for 16 plus hours can only have 2 toilets for 400 or so people can just have a sign for "occupied" or not, why can't all bathrooms?

I offer an apology and I do see where this might have sounded a sexism alarm. Sorry to derail the thread.

cuz i for one ....... would never ever want to share a bathroom , coem out to wash my hands while a man is there holding his dick.. peeking..........
not to mention mens rooms...... always stink........ signs are needed.
now how ever ...... i think they should make more unisex bathrooms.... some wal marts and gas stations have them..... but only for 1 person at a time to use.
just my 2 cents

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #84
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I'm with you June and Medusa. Any time my 9 yr old nephew is with me he goes in the ladies room as well. I don't give a flip what any woman in there thinks. There's too many whacko pedophiles out in the world today. If there's a place where it's just one stall in the mens room I'll let him go in there and I'll stand outside the door and wait on him.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #85
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation
Default From Ivan Coyote

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Vancouver/...oom-10801.aspx
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #86
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Linus, I say go for the men's room unless it's a small facility, and they watch your every move! However, you already brought it up to them. I wouldn't have. That sucks. I've used both rooms. Depends where I'm at and who's around. Many times than not however, I find I should just stick with the guys.

Here is an article where a 7 yr. old trans boy is denied the use of the boys restroom. http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-scho...e-1180991.html

Just goes to show how ignorant people are, even when it comes to children.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #87
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The only time it bothered me to have an older male child 9-10, in the womens room was one time while sitting down, this kid kept sticking his face under my door to look at me. Not once but several times.

I asked him several times to please stop. I have no idea where his mom was or why she did not say anything.

When I took my 5 & 8 year old grandsons to the womens room for safety from potential pervs, we had an entire discussion about politely respecting the space of others with no heads under the doors.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #88
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
cuz i for one ....... would never ever want to share a bathroom , coem out to wash my hands while a man is there holding his dick.. peeking..........
not to mention mens rooms...... always stink........ signs are needed.
now how ever ...... i think they should make more unisex bathrooms.... some wal marts and gas stations have them..... but only for 1 person at a time to use.
just my 2 cents
wow did i miss spell some stuff.. haha...... not on purpose i swear. lol
i know i meant to type peeing not peeking. geesh where'd that come from.. lol and come not coem..
ok
driving a truck and stoping at truck stops.. i tend to avoid truck stop buffets.. in fact , maybe shy away from all buffet type places.
i heard stories from other male drivers how they wont do the truck stop buffets cuz they have witness'd men in the mens room going to the bathroom , NOT washing hands then head to the buffets... well *barf* ..
that just makes me ill , thinking about it.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #89
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I think people should have the right to use the restroom they feel most comfortable in.

Personally I think gender neutral restrooms should be mandatory.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #90
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a problem seeing little boys in our restrooms,that would be little boys around age 1 day to 7-8 years old.Especially true if he is accompanied by a woman or girl..no,if he is in there alone.

As for a big butch like myself..when I have to go I don't wait,so i'll go into a man's bathroom or woman's bathroom You can't stop me.Of course what happens next is another story.I have never been stopped from entering a man's restroom but I have been stopped more than once when I went into a woman's restroom.Some of those were very confrontational and could of been deadly...i'm not somebody to fuck with and someone who grabs me physically and has no right to touch me means a battle..means self-defense in my book.And usually those episodes were caused by a woman who had mistaken me for a man and she called for help,security,her husband,her boyfriend or some other male person.So today I avoid any problems when I enter a woman's bathroom and see a nervous looking woman eyeing me by clearing my throat or having small chit chat with her.These days I don't blame the situation on anyone because a woman has a right to feel safe in any envioment and when in doubt should speak up.I have had problems also where the person does know that I am a woman but still makes trouble/problems for me..but that's another issue.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #91
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I go in whatever bathroom I can get away going in. Sometimes when I am not binding, I can get into the women's, when I am binding I can get away with going to the guys bathroom, but I watch my surroundings just in case.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote