Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

This is what i think....

I think that any moment i will have a lightbulb moment and say "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i get it and agree!!!"

Cause right now i just dont.

Isn't it human nature to be curious? Isn't it our lifestyles now to be entertained? I'm not talking about sick-o stuff like stupid torture crap, but like well, the show, sister wives for example. It's a reality TV show that i like and look forward to. Does that make me a bad person? These people sign up for this and get paid big time for this and it's just...entertainment. I don't believe everything i see or hear, i'm not that gullible. I know a lot of it is acting as well.

But, here's the thing...

I feel i should be ashamed because i like reality TV shows. I'm not obsessed but i like them. Sue me.

We don't watch much TV at all. Bully watches political things, of course. We read a lot for entertainment, play on the puter and talk about things. I watch just a few things....Survivor, Sister wives, American Idol, The Walking Dead, Big Brother which are all seasonal and not on at the same times and that's about it. The daily hum drum sitcoms bore me to tears and i dislike all of the violence with the detective shows and stuff. Oh and i watch an occasional movie maybe once or twice a month.

How does that make me, and people like me bad? It feels like maybe some of you think that would make me not suitable for society or not decent person. How? Honest question, not being snippity. Really trying to understand.

What is the difference in watching Survivor or reading what everyone is doing on facebook, or even here for that matter. I realize here and on facebook we have "friends" but some of the stuff we all have read we don't know these people. Isn't it all just entertainment, enlightenment with different cultures and people, education at times, understanding of how other people live and what they are about?

I really think i'm missing something.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #22
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

Isn't it human nature to be curious? Isn't it our lifestyles now to be entertained? I'm not talking about sick-o stuff like stupid torture crap, but like well, the show, sister wives for example. It's a reality TV show that i like and look forward to. Does that make me a bad person? These people sign up for this and get paid big time for this and it's just...entertainment. I don't believe everything i see or hear, i'm not that gullible. I know a lot of it is acting as well.

But, here's the thing...

I feel i should be ashamed because i like reality TV shows. I'm not obsessed but i like them. Sue me.

We don't watch much TV at all. Bully watches political things, of course. We read a lot for entertainment, play on the puter and talk about things. I watch just a few things....Survivor, Sister wives, American Idol, The Walking Dead, Big Brother which are all seasonal and not on at the same times and that's about it. The daily hum drum sitcoms bore me to tears and i dislike all of the violence with the detective shows and stuff. Oh and i watch an occasional movie maybe once or twice a month.

How does that make me, and people like me bad? It feels like maybe some of you think that would make me not suitable for society or not decent person. How? Honest question, not being snippity. Really trying to understand.

What is the difference in watching Survivor or reading what everyone is doing on facebook, or even here for that matter. I realize here and on facebook we have "friends" but some of the stuff we all have read we don't know these people. Isn't it all just entertainment, enlightenment with different cultures and people, education at times, understanding of how other people live and what they are about?

I really think i'm missing something.
I watch reality shows. I had a huge fascination with Real Housewives of New Jersey. Not a thinking person's show, but fascinating to me. And entertaining.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.... any talk show that has guest stars is kind of a reality show in my mind because people go on public television to display their lives. Does anyone think Ricky, Oprah or Dr Phil watchers are bad? No.

And Facebook and Twitter and MySpace are pretty much the same thing....people putting their lives out in public for all friends/ and the public to see, every single day, all day long. To me there is no difference between social media and reality shows.

I won't feel guilty or ashamed because I watch reality tv and no one else should either because there is nothing wrong with it. Hey, I'm a nosy person, I love to know about other peoples lives and if I get that with reality tv, then so be it.

And darn it, I will never be ashamed of my love for Judge Judy.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Belle, I'm missing the 'you're a bad person if you like this stuff' part of the conversation.

For me, if a reality show is damaging and/or useless (granted, these are relative things), I have no need for it. For example, Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers and Tiaras. I feel for the kids. I think they are being taught some pretty damaging lessons. I find The Housewives of... and the Kardashian shows useless. They teach me nothing and irritate me that people are being paid so much money for nothing. They are famous for being famous. That's it.

Now, reality shows driven by talent (or lack thereof) are more my vein. AI, The Voice, AGT and X Factor. Does that mean they are more 'credible' or 'acceptable' than another reality show? No. That's just my cuppa.

We all have our poison. Television is a distraction. It takes us away from our lives; allowing us to escape it for a while. Is this necessarily harmful? No. A little break is a good thing. Spending 8 hours a day watching TV and following FB (thanks for bringing that up...that counts too, for me) is damaging. That's far too much escapism, imo. Everything in moderation, right? Except our society doesn't know where to stop. Everyone and everything pushes harder and harder to find the newest, best, most unusual....whatever....

For me, it's less about the specific shows and more about what it says about our society. Reality TV encourages judging others and taking yourself out of your real, day to day, life. I don't think that's a good thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

I watch TLC alot..Sister Wives,The Little Couple,Little People Big World..also the History Channel and Animal Planet oh and true tv's Baitcar..I wont watch the beauty pagent kids or Honey BooBoo or the Kardashians

Last edited by Luv; 12-09-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #25
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Ok well, maybe i'm being too defensive. I guess the reason is i like reality TV shows. I don't like them all. But i like them. Just because i don't watch one doesn't make someone else that does any less of a human, imo.

Just as i stated before, whether you watch the Kardashians, or old Carol Burnett reruns or don't turn your TV on and get entertainment from online, i just don't see the difference AT ALL.

Not saying any of it is great. Heck we could all be out helping build a new community center with the time wasted for "entertainment" but i agree with Gemme, that everything should be in moderation.

Feels glad i don't have to figure out why i should feel guilty. Cause i tried and i just don't. lol.

I think honestly i get my fur raised when i start hearing "omg we are such bad people and it's all society's fault because we do such and such. How dare us all." That really gets me going. We've come so far as humans, realizing we have screwed up a lot with the environment, ect, but at least on the subject of media and communication links we have the ability to watch or turn it off. Either way is fine. I think we are doing pretty darn well as a society and the best is yet to come.

Of course i am a hopeless optimist, i will give you that.

Maya Angelou
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

You are definitely an optimist, Belle, and I love that about you. I disagree with some points, but overall, you and I are pretty much on the same page. A little bit of whatever your preference is is fine, be it about singers or wives or ditch diggers or dogwalkers. I don't think that there should be any shaming attached to entertainment, as long as it is not hurtful to someone else.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #27
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

There's a lot of good and bad and complex outcomes that arise from reality t.v. imo. And I think it also depends on what we label reality t.v.

Some good:

Shows like "Intervention, "Obsessed," and "Addiction," sometimes touch me in how they have the potential to turn a life around for the good. It's sad that it takes a show to get someone the help they need, whether it be drug addiction or OCD, but to change one person and their family's life in such a profoundly positive way is a good thing no matter what IMO.

Sometimes reality shows bring different identities out of the closet so there can be a sense of relating especially for young people. In the MTV true life series they've covered kids who are gay, Deaf, stutter, have seizures, and a whole host of differences in a positive way.

Some bad:

It's been hard for Cindy and me raising Jacob and him seeing this plethora of MTV reality shows that center on filthy rich kids. It makes him demanding and expecting of things we can't provide. That may sound simplistic but it's how I experience it.

I know there was a mentally ill (maybe Bipolar?) young woman on AI who committed suicide after being put down after her singing.

There was a straight guy who went on the Jenny Jones show because he was told someone had a crush on him and wanted to reveal it on air. It ended up being a man who had a crush on him. The straight guy happened to be someone with a psychiatric history felt humiliated and killed himself. Then Jenny Jones was sued.

Some more complicated:

I read the memoir of the Beverly Hills housewife who said that she chose to be on the Real Housewives series because she was in the midst of a marriage with kids where she was victim of extreme domestic violence, and she figured she'd be safer with the t.v. crew around and everything public. Then during the series it did come out, along with all the shady things her husband was into (scams, etc.), and he ended up committing suicide. When someone's dirty laundry is public for the whole world to see I do think that's a big trigger for suicide.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
And darn it, I will never be ashamed of my love for Judge Judy.
Me either, LOVE JUDGE JUDY! She should run for president!

OK, so I know for a fact that I am not a bad person... I watch a few things here and there. Project Runway, FaceOff, America's Funniest Home Videos, and dare I say it? Reruns of The Girls Next Door. Those are the more reality type shows I watch. (Well, the first two are really more competition shows.)

But, What I find myself doing is comparing myself to these people and what would I do differently - or the same for that matter. Would I have used the silk chenille or gone with an impish feline-like monster theme? I digress...where The Girls Next Door show is concerned ...I just like nice asses.

It's all about the people I am watching and a thing called social anthropology.

Am I curious what my neighbor does? Hell yeah. I want to see if they do things like I do or do they have a better way of washing windows or a better way to set up the furniture in an L shaped room or if they have a better way of being romantic? Yeah, I wanna know. But I have my line.

I watched Toddlers and Tiaras a couple times...but I just ...can't ...watch it. It's not the little girls that get to me so much as the snarky moms. But I do HATE the hyper sexualization of those little girls Ugh! It's gross. Yes, they look like little dolls and I am sure for some of them it is kept in check, but in THIS society in THIS world where it is already so hard for girls, and in turn women, to have healthy self images, WHY I wonder, WHY ON EARTH would any woman put her daughter through something that might further skew her self worth and self image?

I HATED the Real L Word... I thought... damn, ya'll I've been a lesbian for almost- OMG, uh, ok- a really long time- and I have NEVER seen women like this and the catty, crazy crap they dish out onto one another.

As far as HRH The Queen of England prank and the suicide that followed...well those people should be ashamed of themselves for doing it, but I doubt they ever thought it would end like it did. (I am not excusing their behavior, but simply stating that I seriously doubt either DJ woke up that morning with a plan to prank someone in hopes it would end in a tragic death.) But, maybe their previously base choices that center around preying on unsuspecting others, for sheer entertainment, will change due to it. (One can only hope.)

In the end, no matter what the world throws at us, we each have the ability to make choices about it. Whether we watch reality shows or not, or how we let the things that the media bombards us with change us. We have a choice on how we let it all effect us. It's up to each of us as individuals to take the information or not and let it seep into our psyche and change us...for better or for worse.

*whew* I need chocolate.

~Bleu

P.S. I love Sister Wives, but I think it is because I have poly tendencies. I find them to be so complex and beautiful and deep. Wow.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #29
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
There's a lot of good and bad and complex outcomes that arise from reality t.v. imo. And I think it also depends on what we label reality t.v.

Some good:

Shows like "Intervention, "Obsessed," and "Addiction," sometimes touch me in how they have the potential to turn a life around for the good. It's sad that it takes a show to get someone the help they need, whether it be drug addiction or OCD, but to change one person and their family's life in such a profoundly positive way is a good thing no matter what IMO.

Sometimes reality shows bring different identities out of the closet so there can be a sense of relating especially for young people. In the MTV true life series they've covered kids who are gay, Deaf, stutter, have seizures, and a whole host of differences in a positive way.

Some bad:

It's been hard for Cindy and me raising Jacob and him seeing this plethora of MTV reality shows that center on filthy rich kids. It makes him demanding and expecting of things we can't provide. That may sound simplistic but it's how I experience it.

I know there was a mentally ill (maybe Bipolar?) young woman on AI who committed suicide after being put down after her singing.

There was a straight guy who went on the Jenny Jones show because he was told someone had a crush on him and wanted to reveal it on air. It ended up being a man who had a crush on him. The straight guy happened to be someone with a psychiatric history felt humiliated and killed himself. Then Jenny Jones was sued.

Some more complicated:

I read the memoir of the Beverly Hills housewife who said that she chose to be on the Real Housewives series because she was in the midst of a marriage with kids where she was victim of extreme domestic violence, and she figured she'd be safer with the t.v. crew around and everything public. Then during the series it did come out, along with all the shady things her husband was into (scams, etc.), and he ended up committing suicide. When someone's dirty laundry is public for the whole world to see I do think that's a big trigger for suicide.
OMG i remember that about the Jenny Jones show!!! Had forgot about that. Yes there are times that Reality TV isn't great. But, such is life. Every aspect of our lives has good things and bad things. You take the bad with the good, isn't that the saying?

People do need to be responsible and they do need to be careful when they are dealing with real lives. Just as in our everyday lives and sadly some of that is also for entertainment, but just for themselves and not for the world to see.

I will continue to be selective, no i don't watch Honey Boo-Boo, saw it once that was enough, but if someone likes it...good for them.

I also agree with tantalizingfemme who alluded to the lack of intelligence in that show and other shows about kids, should actually be directed to the parent that allowed it. Not on the people who watch it, necessarily and i totally agree. People will watch anything. Have you seen some of the youtube video's out there?

Selection and moderation....good rules for all parts of life.

I'm glad i'm not alone as someone that loves reality TV.

Anyway, good dialog and now i'm off to watch Sister Wives soon!!!!

Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #30
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Isn't it better in a way to watch real people then to watch the Brady Bunch and leave it to Beaver and all these sanitized scripts?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Isn't it better in a way to watch real people then to watch the Brady Bunch and leave it to Beaver and all these sanitized scripts?
That's what i think!!!! And those detective shows with all the murders and blood and guts? At least no one has died or been shot on any of the reality shows i watch. Closest thing was Robyn and Cody having a two week honeymoon and the other wives were a little put out.

I would have been too...dang two weeks? Yeah buddy i don't think so, get your Daddy butt home where it belongs and help take care of these kids.

Anyway, as i always say....

To each his/hys/her own.
Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #32
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh yes!!! So much more fun to watch. And how many times have I watched something and said to myself "thank goodness I/ my partner/my friends don't do/ act like/ that". And how many where I have thought, "hmmm I'm not the only one......"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Belle, I do not think you or anyone else is "bad"for watching reality T.V. maybe I am being to general with the term "Reality T.V." There are some shows, and not Sister Wives, Survivor, nor Amazing Race that has gone beyond the pale, IMO.

I will have to admit, I have never watched some of these reality shows all the way through because I just could not. I still think some of them serve no purpose, not even entertainment. Like many things in this world, perhaps the pendelum has swung far in one direction and will come back to the middle.

Bleu, I did not realize "Judge Judy" was considered to be reality T.V. I watch her too. Everyday if I get home from work early enough, I turn her on and watch her for one hour. I am amazed how Judge Judy can hear some of this stuff and keep a straight face. I do worry at times that some of this ignorance she must hear and rule on day in and day out is going to cause her to stroke.

Last edited by Greyson; 12-09-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes. But, I think the types of shows that are available are like art, in a way. They are indicative of a collective path that society is taking. My curiosity is how do we, as butches and femmes, on a very specific sub-culture site, such as this lovely Planet, how do we filter all this?

I do not think we (BFPers) are really exactly part of mainstream society. I am thinking, I could be wrong, but... I think the way we think and feel is inherently different than your average person on the sidewalks of America. We were raised in the mainstream, very probably mostly by mainstreamers, but we are not of it.

In it, but not of it.

I dunno.... anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #35
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I think of reality t.v. as everything that is not ENTIRELY scripted. So reality t.v. imo includes court shows (love Judge Judy!), talk shows, documentaries, and anything that isn't 100% actors spouting memorized lines.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #36
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Oh yes!!! So much more fun to watch. And how many times have I watched something and said to myself "thank goodness I/ my partner/my friends don't do/ act like/ that". And how many where I have thought, "hmmm I'm not the only one......"
Dude! Where am I when you are watching all of these shows?

Things you learn about your girlfriend on the internet....

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #37
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

We see each other friday through sunday.... I have a whole lotta time in between. And you know how much I love my judge shows.... And Maury when I am home during the day.

Thank goodness, at least that 's out in the open now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #38
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:

LOL this was funny on so many levels.

Hey leave TF alone. She enjoys good TV.

Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Reality shows BB refuses to watch with me under any circumstances: Wife Swap, Trading Spouses, Real Housewives, and My Shopping Addiction

Quote:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #40
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Bleu, I did not realize "Judge Judy" was considered to be reality T.V. I watch her too. Everyday if I get home from work early enough, I turn her on and watch her for one hour. I am amazed how Judge Judy can hear some of this stuff and keep a straight face. I do worry at times that some of this ignorance she must hear and rule on day in and day out is going to cause her to stroke.
Oh well, see, I am thinking she is a pioneer of reality TV. She is a strong and intelligent vessel that shines a huge spotlight, a magnifying glass really, on the stupidity and pettiness that can infect some people. I find her fascinating in that she can spot a liar or a cheat in a second and her logic is flawless.

I dunno... that is how I take it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:

Tags
gossip tv, killers, murder, reality tv, talk radio